Facebook stock plunges 24% in one day.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
We all have had it hard. Life is hard, even for these rich people. Nothing wrong with having to work for success. Even the poorest of Africans have it better than the poorest Indians in India, which is home of the poorest people on earth, including Africa. The middle east is very rich, but it's people live poor because they choose to adhere to a religion that demands submission and makes all the good things bad or forbidden. If you are in Australia or the EU or the UK or Japan or the US, then you have opportunities that the former can only dream of.

When I say you are being hard on yourself, I mean that you are giving too much weight to things you don't have, things that MIGHT happen, things that SEEM to be sneaking up on you (like A.I.), and being generally worried about many things. Things that have nothing to do with your life. That is being hard on yourself. You need to create peace in your life somewhere, and gather yourself into that space at least once per day. Some people do not have the luxury of going to a physical safe space, so you can do it by just meditating or closing your eyes and thinking of NOTHING. Imagine a calm sea, or a blue sky with clouds slowly drifting overhead, or something peaceful.
No, the rich don't have it hard. They build the system we are forced to work ourselves to. We are forced to work in contract type roles because all the permanent jobs have too many red tapes and too much internal politics. How do I know this? I have seen this happen. The newer generations are called Job hoppers for a reason. It's because we are forced to work contract roles.Most of these rich folks have lied their way to management positions and lied their way through to the top. They've also put up these barriers for a reason. We are also forced to work to the absolute edge to earn pennies to the dollar.

We are forced to sacrifice our creativity and just barely scrap through life and not have no fun. I have seen the suffering and what evil capitalism has done to my musical idols. Their personality is lost forever as they've had to constantly tour and don't get any proper shuteyes. They are no longer human but just money hungry scumbags who have turned into reptilians.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You are being too hard on yourself, and giving too much weight to things that really have nothing to do with you. Does it really matter if the UN runs out of money, or if A.I. is being developed? It matters if your internet is on, or if your water is cloudy or if somebody lets their dog poo in front of your door and does not pick it up. Those things are important. Part of population control through psychology is distracting the masses and keeping them worried. Worry is a great motivator and so is fear.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
what to barter...food storage of course- who's going to want gold or silver when economies collapse? can't eat it, can't even wipe with it. Stock up on food, tp, ammo. You'll be fine. the richest people will be those who grow & shoot their own food. :D

Heisenberg-- see a therapist. You sound very depressed my friend. Makes me worry about you. I firmly believe that happiness comes from within not from without. If you choose to be happy, you will.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
what to barter...food storage of course- who's going to want gold or silver when economies collapse? can't eat it, can't even wipe with it. Stock up on food, tp, ammo. You'll be fine. the richest people who grow & shoot their own food. :D

PRECISELY. BTW, I am waiting for my new firearm. This time a Glock 21, and I also paid for a CCW this time. My apologies for teasing you about carrying your weapon in public! I now see a reason to have the permit for myself too.

Heisenberg-- see a therapist. You sound very depressed my friend. Makes me worry about you. I firmly believe that happiness comes from within not from without. If you choose to be happy, you will.

She said what I couldn't. And she is right....

Hugh Jass

GateFans Cadet
Yeah, already on it but healing takes time. I've lost the number of times I have been screwed by people I thought I could trust, including LEA but because I am not some famous person or some rich dude, they are not going to help me out. I have been robbed of my hard earned money by thugs and thieves and it appears that LEA are aware that this criminal activity is happening, but are not going to do a lot to put a stop to it. Meanwhile, if I was to speed, I get a fine in the mail and go to jail if I don't pay up.

If you know what I have been through, you would understand. I come here to let my imagination go wild and get to work.

Maybe if you understand the heart aches, struggles I have been through, you would understand. There a few things that are very precious to me but when life tries to upset that delicate balance, it hurts. If I gave you the list of things that has happened in my life, you wouldn't believe it. No amount of therapy will help because it's not me that's the problem but the shitty world that's around me.

I get it singlelady but you should do what I do and put on a pair of rainbow colored sunglasses and just push aside everything negative. I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the bag but that's ok and I own it! So what if you're not smart or successful or lucky or good looking it's all good! Put on a clown face and laugh along with everyone else and soon you will be the one laughing on your own!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
PRECISELY. BTW, I am waiting for my new firearm. This time a Glock 21, and I also paid for a CCW this time. My apologies for teasing you about carrying your weapon in public! I now see a reason to have the permit for myself too.

Glock 21 eh? I admit I'm more old fashioned here with my M1911 but it's what I was trained on and qualified on.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, already on it but healing takes time. I've lost the number of times I have been screwed by people I thought I could trust, including LEA but because I am not some famous person or some rich dude, they are not going to help me out. If you know what I have been through, you would understand. I come here to let my imagination go wild and get to work.

Maybe if you understand the heart aches, struggles I have been through, you would understand. There a few things that are very precious to me but when life tries to upset that delicate balance, it hurts. If I gave you the list of things that has happened in my life, you wouldn't believe it. No amount of therapy will help because it's not me that's the problem but the shitty world that's around me.

Hang in there. But while you are hanging in there, try and make a list of things that depress you, make you angry or make you otherwise feel shitty. Once you have your list, start disengaging from those things. ALL of us have been depressed, confused, angry or disappointed in our lives at one time or another. The healing is removing the splinters first. :)
Glock 21 eh? I admit I'm more old fashioned here with my M1911 but it's what I was trained on and qualified on.

The Glock 19 has been my weapon of choice every time I have owned a handgun. This will be my first Glock 21. It is a well balanced and easy to carry and maintain weapon and packs a more than adequate punch.

Hang in there. But while you are hanging in there, try and make a list of things that depress you, make you angry or make you otherwise feel shitty. Once you have your list, start disengaging from those things. ALL of us have been depressed, confused, angry or disappointed in our lives at one time or another. The healing is removing the splinters first. :)

The Glock 19 has been my weapon of choice every time I have owned a handgun. This will be my first Glock 21. It is a well balanced and easy to carry and maintain weapon and packs a more than adequate punch.

Without looking either of those up aren't they both regular size? They're not compact or subcompact are they? I know the G23 is a compact but if I recall correctly the G21 is the full size one cops carry.

For CC I'd go with subcompact. The other sizes seem too unwieldy for me and I doubt they would feel good in the small of the back. Even in an ankle holster they would be a bit too much.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This event is all linked. There is going to be a lot of suffering and given that this country is going to pass the encryption bill, it just opens for hacking and stealing highly sensitive and secrets and just asking for the country to get invaded. You say that your country can't get what it wants. Well, see below. The rebirth of SOPA LAWL because they need more money. How greedy can these assholes be?

https://torrentfreak.com/music-industry-asks-us-govt-to-reconsider-website-blocking-181127/

https://torrentfreak.com/google-facebook-vpns-and-others-risk-huge-fines-under-proposed-law-181129/

I never said the bolded. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Without looking either of those up aren't they both regular size? They're not compact or subcompact are they? I know the G23 is a compact but if I recall correctly the G21 is the full size one cops carry.

For CC I'd go with subcompact. The other sizes seem too unwieldy for me and I doubt they would feel good in the small of the back. Even in an ankle holster they would be a bit too much.

They are both regular size. The Glock G21 is a .45 cal and the Glock 19 is a 9mm, so that is the biggest difference. The G21 is also heavier but somehow feels more balanced to me. You would love the G26 subcompact. :) Whatever the case, the feeling of needing to carry with a CCW seems more important now than ever before. That, and a quick icon for shooting video on my phone home screen. ;)

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/12/12/should-investors-care-that-facebook-added-9-billio.aspx

Facebook is now doing share buy backs, that should show that the company is struggling and is just delaying inevitable.

People will never abandon Facebook unless something better comes along. What will kill Facebook eventually is when the true effectiveness of their advertising comes to light. No one I know has ever clicked on an ad or rushed out to buy something based on an ad in Facebook. It doesn't mean their ads don't work but more, I believe, that the numbers they provide are greatly exaggerated.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I don't think Facebook itself is going anywhere.

The world has become very global. Facebook is the whole "face" of it, pun intended. If you have loved ones far away you will most likely use Facebook to keep in touch. Sure, there are other platforms, but nothing touches Facebook.

Will they have some "re-organization or re-structuring"? Sure probably, but for the public I doubt it would change much at all. Some very well paid people might lose their jobs for not doing them well enough, and possibly some not so well paid people will lose their jobs for having the bad luck of working under those people. They will bring in new blood in to figure out a way to keep the shareholders happy and prop it up until they get it right back to where they were before.

The public won't even care. I know all about how Facebook uses my data, but it won't stop me from using it to keep in touch with my mom and several other loved ones who won't use What's app, Twitter, Instagram or any other platform. I am just more careful when I use it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't think Facebook itself is going anywhere.

The world has become very global. Facebook is the whole "face" of it, pun intended. If you have loved ones far away you will most likely use Facebook to keep in touch. Sure, there are other platforms, but nothing touches Facebook.

Will they have some "re-organization or re-structuring"? Sure probably, but for the public I doubt it would change much at all. Some very well paid people might lose their jobs for not doing them well enough, and possibly some not so well paid people will lose their jobs for having the bad luck of working under those people. They will bring in new blood in to figure out a way to keep the shareholders happy and prop it up until they get it right back to where they were before.

The public won't even care. I know all about how Facebook uses my data, but it won't stop me from using it to keep in touch with my mom and several other loved ones who won't use What's app, Twitter, Instagram or any other platform. I am just more careful when I use it.

You are right, Facebook won't be going anywhere, but it will diminish in influence eventually. Before Facebook there was MySpace, and before that it was AOL. MySpace is still around, but it is a shadow of it's former self because of Facebook. But Facebook is becoming a big bad monster and is putting people at risk by breaching their data multiple times. It could be toppled by a competitor with a different approach in the future.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
You are right, Facebook won't be going anywhere, but it will diminish in influence eventually. Before Facebook there was MySpace, and before that it was AOL. MySpace is still around, but it is a shadow of it's former self because of Facebook. But Facebook is becoming a big bad monster and is putting people at risk by breaching their data multiple times. It could be toppled by a competitor with a different approach in the future.
I think that would take a very very long time.

This would only happen if the majority of people were willing to switch. Many people, especially those past a certain age, become set in their ways. Facebook has become a part of their lives and they won't want to change, they will just deal with it, plus worse case scenario to Facebook the competition would cause them to stop using the data in this fashion, then Facebook will sing their own praises about it, and all will be forgiven by the public. The whole point of Facebook is your network, I am not going to use other platforms if my network is still mainly on Facebook.Many of the millennials love it, and they don't care if everything they post can be used against them as long as they can post.

Google does the same thing, the masses still use Google because again, like Facebook, nothing else ( competitors ) can touch it. The public in many senses are idiots, and really just want their conveniences and don't care all that much about someone using their data.