Facebook stock plunges 24% in one day.

i watched a doc on those independent drivers..seems they get hammered between the cheeks pretty hard from AMZ. no benefits and not getting paid for time they may have with traffic or a flat tire, etc

it just smacks of a big giant trying to get everything it can out of ppl. Cheap and selfish.. yes, i know, you may say that is naive and keeps my costs down, but F it, i'd rather pay more for workers to be treated well.
-------------------------------------------------
out here all of our amz deliveries are from UPS and sometimes USPS for small packages

i dont even know how far away a warehouse is from here

and i cant envision some retiree throwing a 180lb gazebo into his car and delivering it to me! :) like the one i just got from them..came UPS

My brother is retired (early) and just wanted a gig that he could do when the hours suited him. The money is good enough that it's worth his time. He's not under Amazon's thumb so he can pick and choose his work load and schedule. The trade off is that he uses his own car. He says the majority of his deliveries are groceries believe it or not. It's easy peasy and he likes it.

Previously he tried working as a direct employee doing transit van driving for a company that liveries handicapped people. It was shit pay with no benefits and they worked him to death. He routinely worked 12-hour days because the company couldn't keep other drivers because they paid such a lousy wage. He eventually told them to get lost and he got the Amazon gig and is much happier for it. Even though he doesn't have benefits he doesn't get treated like dirt either.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You don't understand. It doesn't matter how big or important a company is. If it can't pay its bills, if it can't deliver what it promises, it will perish. We all know how important amazon is and I don't think anyone denies that, but their share price is ridiculously expensive. It needs a corrections to keep itself alive but to me, having a single source that runs the entire internet is dangerous and is going to cause wide spread damage. I think having individual control, through block chain will be how we will share data and information which works very similar to how p2p works.

I understand perfectly. But Amazon is so rich and nowhere near running in the red that it isn't really a factor. You can't really compare Facebook to Amazon. Amazon is selling and distributing real goods. Compare it more to Walmart if you have to compare it to another company. What EXACTLY is Facebook selling? Nothing, really. It is basically a big club where people meet and talk and share their lives. There are no tangible goods other than your personal data and getting your attention so that ads can be presented and hopefully get you to buy something from one of the paid advertisers. Nobody NEEDS Facebook. Plenty of small towns in the US depend on Amazon, as do plenty of busy individuals, single-parent families, shut-ins, etc.

This drop for facebook should send warning signals that this is the beginning of the end for facebook and it's going to be the slow death of this company. I don't see this company surviving in the next decade or so.

Facebook can be replaced by another social media site. Even if it becomes unpopular in the US and UK, it still boasts more than 2 BILLION members worldwide.

Even banks such as deutche bank will collapse because it's all centralized. I don't see any banks surviving for that matter and we are going to have a massive rethink how we do transactions and we might do bitcoin/altcoin to do transactions and exchange information.

Fast forward even more. Capitalism itself is going to collapse.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I understand perfectly. But Amazon is so rich and nowhere near running in the red that it isn't really a factor. You can't really compare Facebook to Amazon. Amazon is selling and distributing real goods. Compare it more to Walmart if you have to compare it to another company. What EXACTLY is Facebook selling? Nothing, really. It is basically a big club where people meet and talk and share their lives. There are no tangible goods other than your personal data and getting your attention so that ads can be presented and hopefully get you to buy something from one of the paid advertisers. Nobody NEEDS Facebook. Plenty of small towns in the US depend on Amazon, as do plenty of busy individuals, single-parent families, shut-ins, etc.

Necessity yes but when we are hit with the credit crisis, where every single god damn person/country is engrossed in debt. How do you come out of it? There is no way, no way my generation or any next generation is going to have the means to pay this debt off. The only way we can survive is to have a war and then perhaps wipe the debt clean for everyone. This includes credit card debt. Amazon is engrossed in debt too. It was only now that they were able to turn around a profit but the profits were razor thin compared to the grand scheme. But amazon is trying very hard to include de anonomyous bitcoin payments. What kind of a sicko does this? Doesn't let innovation thrive. Ugh.

https://bgr.com/2018/04/18/amazon-bitcoin-patent/
This is why it's dangerous to have a company like this have so much control and power over our livelihoods.

Facebook can be replaced by another social media site. Even if it becomes unpopular in the US and UK, it still boasts more than 2 BILLION members worldwide.

A lot of them are fake profiles but you are right, they do have a lot. I like to see the positive side of facebook even though it was used for malicious/data minning purposes. I think most people used it to connect to long lost relatives/friends which I don't have a problem with but zuckerberg had more evil plans and wanted to use that data against people. He acted like a dictator piece of garbage.

Fast forward even more. Capitalism itself is going to collapse.

It will definitely but what form of currency do we devise? If the US dollar has no value, I don't think that amazon will accept gold as a form of payment. It may have to have bitcoin or altcoin as the form of payment because our credit cards will be useless. Banks will be shutdown.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Necessity yes but when we are hit with the credit crisis, where every single god damn person/country is engrossed in debt. How do you come out of it? There is no way, no way my generation or any next generation is going to have the means to pay this debt off. The only way we can survive is to have a war and then perhaps wipe the debt clean for everyone. This includes credit card debt. Amazon is engrossed in debt too. It was only now that they were able to turn around a profit but the profits were razor thin compared to the grand scheme. But amazon is trying very hard to include de anonomyous bitcoin payments. What kind of a sicko does this? Doesn't let innovation thrive. Ugh.

You have assumed that most everyone has credit card debt. No, everyone is NOT "engrossed in debt". In fact, as fewer people qualify for credit, there is less credit card debt. As fewer young people waste their time and money in colleges which guarantee them nothing, there is less tuition debt. Amazon is not engrossed in debt. Dude, where do you get this stuff?

https://bgr.com/2018/04/18/amazon-bitcoin-patent/
This is why it's dangerous to have a company like this have so much control and power over our livelihoods.

They have control and power over your livelihood? That is sad. Amazon is just a store to me. One that delivers what I want to buy directly to my door. They are a source of movies and TV shows and music that I want to buy or watch or listen to. Nothing more. I am 100% in control of Amazon's footprint in my life.

A lot of them are fake profiles but you are right, they do have a lot. I like to see the positive side of facebook even though it was used for malicious/data minning purposes. I think most people used it to connect to long lost relatives/friends which I don't have a problem with but zuckerberg had more evil plans and wanted to use that data against people. He acted like a dictator piece of garbage.

I see it as a big corral with a bunch of cattle inside. The cattle are so dumb, spending their time mooing to the other cattle that they never consider that they are in a corral that was created for them to gather within. And when one or more (or all) of them are led to slaughter, they act so surprised and clueless. I am glad I am not a Facebook cow. All of those still putzing around in Facebook do so by choice. I do not feel sorry for any of them.

It will definitely but what form of currency do we devise? If the US dollar has no value, I don't think that amazon will accept gold as a form of payment. It may have to have bitcoin or altcoin as the form of payment because our credit cards will be useless. Banks will be shutdown.

ELIMINATE "currency". Trade ONLY in real goods. No "futures", no bonds, no credit, just real tangible goods. This forces people to work, it eliminates debt and greed and prevents people from inheriting wealth they did not earn. Take it back to the way it was before money was invented (which really was not that long ago).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You have assumed that most everyone has credit card debt. No, everyone is NOT "engrossed in debt". In fact, as fewer people qualify for credit, there is less credit card debt. As fewer young people waste their time and money in colleges which guarantee them nothing, there is less tuition debt. Amazon is not engrossed in debt. Dude, where do you get this stuff?
I know you are not, but a lot of people are because that is the only way this works. All that money that you are seeing amazon have IS from other's people's debt. People who have used convenience. I agree that degrees are useless. They don't help people out but instead just make someone else richer and feed the greed. I think the way we can buy happiness to help each other out. Not for greed or hatred which is what these sick individuals have.
They have control and power over your livelihood? That is sad. Amazon is just a store to me. One that delivers what I want to buy directly to my door. They are a source of movies and TV shows and music that I want to buy or watch or listen to. Nothing more. I am 100% in control of Amazon's footprint in my life.

I don't use them at all but the 60% of the internet sure does. The backbone of the friggin internet is run by amazon. If amazon doesn't receive money bang, 60% of the people won't have the internet.
That to me is too much control. I still don't see the hype surrounding amazon though.
I see it as a big corral with a bunch of cattle inside. The cattle are so dumb, spending their time mooing to the other cattle that they never consider that they are in a corral that was created for them to gather within. And when one or more (or all) of them are led to slaughter, they act so surprised and clueless. I am glad I am not a Facebook cow. All of those still putzing around in Facebook do so by choice. I do not feel sorry for any of them.
Farmers are also pushed to the edge to meet up with demands. With climate change and droughts affecting everyone.

ELIMINATE "currency". Trade ONLY in real goods. No "futures", no bonds, no credit, just real tangible goods. This forces people to work, it eliminates debt and greed and prevents people from inheriting wealth they did not earn. Take it back to the way it was before money was invented (which really was not that long ago).
I agree that simplicity is the best solution, but I might stock pile gold as a form of payment.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know you are not, but a lot of people are because that is the only way this works. All that money that you are seeing amazon have IS from other's people's debt. People who have used convenience. I agree that degrees are useless. They don't help people out but instead just make someone else richer and feed the greed. I think the way we can buy happiness to help each other out. Not for greed or hatred which is what these sick individuals have.

I don't use them at all but the 60% of the internet sure does. The backbone of the friggin internet is run by amazon. If amazon doesn't receive money bang, 60% of the people won't have the internet.
That to me is too much control. I still don't see the hype surrounding amazon though.

Farmers are also pushed to the edge to meet up with demands. With climate change and droughts affecting everyone.

I agree that simplicity is the best solution, but I might stock pile gold as a form of payment.

Why? What makes you think that people with real goods will WANT gold as payment? If I am the owner of an apple tree, and I take my apples to market so that I might bring home oranges, lettuce and meat, why would I accept gold as payment for anything? This is the folly of the materialistic. Just because THEY value gold does not mean it really has value. The ancients used it to make forks and plates. Diamonds are rocks. Only capitalism and cultures who think of those rocks as being valuable will take them as payment for stuff.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Why? What makes you think that people with real goods will WANT gold as payment? If I am the owner of an apple tree, and I take my apples to market so that I might bring home oranges, lettuce and meat, why would I accept gold as payment for anything? This is the folly of the materialistic. Just because THEY value gold does not mean it really has value. The ancients used it to make forks and plates. Diamonds are rocks. Only capitalism and cultures who think of those rocks as being valuable will take them as payment for stuff.
I don't know what I can use to barter then?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

How about your insights! Do you write poetry? Do you play music or provide great conversation? To many, these things are commodities. Sometimes, just being company to somebody is worth something to that person. All of us have something intrinsic that belongs to just you. Develop that thing that makes you an individual and start from there. Even A.I. conspiracy theories are worth something! :) My brother was almost broke when he got on that plane to go to Europe (one way ticket). He played guitar on the streets of Amsterdam, drew pictures and told jokes. He had a job, but it was his street performing that gave him his day to day money for those first few months. Now he has a house there.

Money only has value when you spend it.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
How about your insights! Do you write poetry? Do you play music or provide great conversation? To many, these things are commodities. Sometimes, just being company to somebody is worth something to that person. All of us have something intrinsic that belongs to just you. Develop that thing that makes you an individual and start from there. Even A.I. conspiracy theories are worth something! :) My brother was almost broke when he got on that plane to go to Europe (one way ticket). He played guitar on the streets of Amsterdam, drew pictures and told jokes. He had a job, but it was his street performing that gave him his day to day money for those first few months. Now he has a house there.

Money only has value when you spend it.
I think enslavement by capitalism has hurt everyone including the planet. We are forced to work these 'jobs' which only add to the problem. We are all connected. I am not sure if I am not the only one, but I feel hurt from what I see, hear and even do. It breaks my heart to see where humanity has turned into. What once was a prosperous species is now going extinct.

You can feel the pain. It's going to take time to heal but I have been wanted to write music(like the track I send you) and stories but I both physically and mentally drained.

It's okay for the banks to take away your property but not okay to get an extension on a loan.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Where is that scifi story you mentioned a while back when you asked whether anyone would like to read it? I'm not saying you should use it for bartering, but what Overmind said reminded me.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Where is that scifi story you mentioned a while back when you asked whether anyone would like to read it? I'm not saying you should use it for bartering, but what Overmind said reminded me.
It's an incoherent mess because how drained I am but I'll see if I can post it. Give me a few weeks though. It doesn't paint a pretty picture for humanity though.
Oh yeah, even the UN is running out Money. What do these goons do again? Oh yeah, they do nothing. A waste of space and don't even enforce the laws they administer so what good are they?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...states-were-running-out-of-cash-idUSKBN1KG2OR

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's an incoherent mess because how drained I am but I'll see if I can post it. Give me a few weeks though. It doesn't paint a pretty picture for humanity though.
Oh yeah, even the UN is running out Money. What do these goons do again? Oh yeah, they do nothing. A waste of space and don't even enforce the laws they administer so what good are they?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...states-were-running-out-of-cash-idUSKBN1KG2OR

So the story isn't finished yet? If that's the case, please don't rush it but take your time.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think enslavement by capitalism has hurt everyone including the planet. We are forced to work these 'jobs' which only add to the problem. We are all connected. I am not sure if I am not the only one, but I feel hurt from what I see, hear and even do. It breaks my heart to see where humanity has turned into. What once was a prosperous species is now going extinct.

You can feel the pain. It's going to take time to heal but I have been wanted to write music(like the track I send you) and stories but I both physically and mentally drained.

It's okay for the banks to take away your property but not okay to get an extension on a loan.

Disengage from paying attention to things that don't affect you directly. Watching the news is stressful for me, but reading it online does not stress me. I can choose what I want to read about. Watching TV takes that choice away.

CHOOSE everything you can choose, and do less of those things that don't give you choices. watching Netflix and Amazon give you a choice of what to watch. Watching TV with commercials (or cable) takes that choice away. That is just one example.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is funny to me. They are "running out of cash"? :) What, do they need more toner in the printers? Forget about the UN running out of money. I am wanting to read your story! Writing it will take you out of all the crap going on at the UN and elsewhere, which is occupying your attention and time and giving you stress. Use that energy to write the story.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This is funny to me. They are "running out of cash"? :) What, do they need more toner in the printers? Forget about the UN running out of money. I am wanting to read your story! Writing it will take you out of all the crap going on at the UN and elsewhere, which is occupying your attention and time and giving you stress. Use that energy to write the story.
They are just a waste of space and trying hard to stay relevant. I just want my world back where I wasn't part of this arrogant species. Best time of everyone's life was between 1990 to 2005. Something happened in 2007 that changed everything and then came the GFC in 2008 which made things worse. I am just a heart broken man who is trying to make sense of everything. I have had a lot of failures and heart breaking moment, but I haven't hurt anyone but in that process I have been hurt a lot by not speaking out. Things have gone from bad to worse.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
They are just a waste of space and trying hard to stay relevant. I just want my world back where I wasn't part of this arrogant species. Best time of everyone's life was between 1990 to 2005. Something happened in 2007 that changed everything and then came the GFC in 2008 which made things worse. I am just a heart broken man who is trying to make sense of everything. I have had a lot of failures and heart breaking moment, but I haven't hurt anyone but in that process I have been hurt a lot by not speaking out. Things have gone from bad to worse.

In most western countries, they have mental health counselors that are good to talk to occasionally and do not cost too much money. I have used their services a few times.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
In most western countries, they have mental health counselors that are good to talk to occasionally and do not cost too much money. I have used their services a few times.
It's mainly down to being heart broken. This world it isn't about right or wrong or being ethical or moral. It's about burden of proof. They say that you can't cheat an honest man, but an honest man always gets cheated but life fucks with you no matter which coin you turn to but seems to favour more dishonest and corrupt assholes in life. They say you put your heart and soul into something but then find out you get screwed more. This ideology seems to favour some but not everyone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's mainly down to being heart broken. This world it isn't about right or wrong or being ethical or moral. It's about burden of proof. They say that you can't cheat an honest man, but an honest man always gets cheated but life fucks with you no matter which coin you turn to but seems to favour more dishonest and corrupt assholes in life. They say you put your heart and soul into something but then find out you get screwed more. This ideology seems to favour some but not everyone.

You are being too hard on yourself, and giving too much weight to things that really have nothing to do with you. Does it really matter if the UN runs out of money, or if A.I. is being developed? It matters if your internet is on, or if your water is cloudy or if somebody lets their dog poo in front of your door and does not pick it up. Those things are important. Part of population control through psychology is distracting the masses and keeping them worried. Worry is a great motivator and so is fear.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You are being too hard on yourself, and giving too much weight to things that really have nothing to do with you. Does it really matter if the UN runs out of money, or if A.I. is being developed? It matters if your internet is on, or if your water is cloudy or if somebody lets their dog poo in front of your door and does not pick it up. Those things are important. Part of population control through psychology is distracting the masses and keeping them worried. Worry is a great motivator and so is fear.
It's not being hard dude. I have both witnessed and gone through a lot of pain that these crony rich people haven't. They've had everything served in front of them. My life isn't as bad as the people in Africa or the middle east who have to constantly run for their lives and you are constantly tossing your coin to see if you will have enough to eat the next day or not or live. Being born is both a curse and a blessing. It's so statistically improbable being here but I guess I am asking for too much out of life.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's not being hard dude. I have both witnessed and gone through a lot of pain that these crony rich people haven't. They've had everything served in front of them. My life isn't as bad as the people in Africa or the middle east who have to constantly run for their lives and you are constantly tossing your coin to see if you will have enough to eat the next day or not or live. Being born is both a curse and a blessing. It's so statistically improbable being here but I guess I am asking for too much out of life.

We all have had it hard. Life is hard, even for these rich people. Nothing wrong with having to work for success. Even the poorest of Africans have it better than the poorest Indians in India, which is home of the poorest people on earth, including Africa. The middle east is very rich, but it's people live poor because they choose to adhere to a religion that demands submission and makes all the good things bad or forbidden. If you are in Australia or the EU or the UK or Japan or the US, then you have opportunities that the former can only dream of.

When I say you are being hard on yourself, I mean that you are giving too much weight to things you don't have, things that MIGHT happen, things that SEEM to be sneaking up on you (like A.I.), and being generally worried about many things. Things that have nothing to do with your life. That is being hard on yourself. You need to create peace in your life somewhere, and gather yourself into that space at least once per day. Some people do not have the luxury of going to a physical safe space, so you can do it by just meditating or closing your eyes and thinking of NOTHING. Imagine a calm sea, or a blue sky with clouds slowly drifting overhead, or something peaceful.