Eureka

Stargate Relyks

GateFans Noob
Anyone watch it?

If so can you fill me on on how they traveled through time, what happened there, how they got back? Why they brought someone back with them?

Also how in any reality did Fargo become head of GD?

trelaine

GateFans Noob
Anyone watch it?

If so can you fill me on on how they traveled through time, what happened there, how they got back? Why they brought someone back with them?

I recommend watching it - it's worth it!

It should be on demand or hulu or someother streaming site out there.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Anyone watch it?

Show started with Eureka having a founders day celebration. In the usual "Eureka" way something happened and they went back in time to when the city was being setup and the same machine was in use. Solution involved using cell phones as locators to get back. Guy from the past ended up with a cell phone he wasn't supposed to have, ended up in present day Eureka. Time line changed cause he was there and not in his own time.

That help?

Stargate Relyks

GateFans Noob
yea that helps. I'll have to find time and get caught up on hulu.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is this a good show?

yea that helps. I'll have to find time and get caught up on hulu.

I have never seen it...am I really missing something great? I will start downloading them! :icon_razz:

Charlene

GateFans Noob
Just started watching this show and I love it!!!! Watched the new eps, liked them so much went back and watched the previous seasons. Not finished with those yet but looking forward to seeing what happens...even if I already know what happens :-) There is a reason why this show is doing so well and SGU isn't. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the technobabble. Not quite SG1 but at least it's something.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
Be careful how you spend your time!

Eureka is approaching syndication. Skiffy probably won't renew it and they will transfer the fanbase over to Wharehouse 13. It is skiffy's bait and switch. Create a show and then once it gets a decent fanbase show them a new "better" show. I like Eureka don't get me wrong, but something has to give where we get to KEEP the shows we like. The almight dollar shouldn't have all-power when choosing which shows to cancel.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Eureka is approaching syndication. Skiffy probably won't renew it and they will transfer the fanbase over to Wharehouse 13. It is skiffy's bait and switch. Create a show and then once it gets a decent fanbase show them a new "better" show. I like Eureka don't get me wrong, but something has to give where we get to KEEP the shows we like. The almight dollar shouldn't have all-power when choosing which shows to cancel.

I don't think that would work. Eureka is sci-fi and warehouse 13 is fantasy. If they pull Eureka that would be great, i could just take syfy out of my fav channel list all together then.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
There was indeed a crossover show with the town of Eureka and a guest star on Eureka. I think I might save this post in case Eureka is cancelled in two years. They are on season 4 right now. And Atlantis was cancelled after five seasons. After SG-1 was on Skiffy for five years they cancelled it. I am not a huge fan of the romance but it is done better than most shows, so I can deal. I don't watch Wharehouse but skiffy has cancelled so many great sci fi shows over the years that the hardcore long term viewers know of what SyFy does to the science fiction genre. Not to mention their attempt to rebrand the genre itself through rebranding their channel.

I know in the last forum we had a list of all of the shows that Sci fi has cancelled. Maybe we need that list...I'll be right back.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I've decided I'm going to start watching this show, I've never seen it before but my mate recommends it to me so here goes.

Just watched "Stoned". Wow!

I've really been enjoying the reboot. But I did NOT see the ending of tonight coming!! And the preview for next week......

:eek:

smiley_squee.gif

I won't say anymore since the episode is queued on many a DVR and I need help getting off the floor as I slowly recover from my fainting spell.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Oddly, Eureka currently appears to skew more toward women, which puts the lie to the idea of women not being science/science fiction types.

Love that show!

Too bad it's a one-off, but maybe it'll grab more folks to join the fun.

I still miss Dr OldSpice.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Does anyone know how many episodes will be in the next season? I vaguely remember reading something saying it was only 13 but I can't find any reference to it. Just wondering.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Wallace Shawn is guest starring in tonight's episode "Clash of the Titans"

I knew he looked familiar. You may remember him from The Princess Bride as well as a lot of other roles. :cool:

Wallace-Shawn.gif

EUREKA-Clash-of-the-Titans-Season-4-Episode-17-550x366.jpg

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Did anyone else catch the "The Princess Bride" reference?Inconceivable. (something along the lines of "Is it inconceivable that...")The kid and I giggled uncontrollably.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Caught it. Eureka is really good at that type of humor.

This week's was good too - I liked the interview process for the Titan mission.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
...and this week...

Wallace Shawn: "Did you expect the Spanish Inquisition?"

Jack: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

I am SO going to miss this show.

G

Graybrew1

Wallace Shawn did a great job when he thought he was Jack. Just enough over the top to make it funny. I loved the eyeroll from Henry. :icon_lol:

This really stinks that they cancelled this show. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They'll miss Eureka. It fills a unique and needed spot in the lineup.