Elysium - GateFans member preview commentary (mzzz)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Have not seen gravity, but isn't pretty "dry" and the whole thing is a bit of a ghost story, no? That is what I have heard/read anyway

I'll watch it when it gets to HBO or NETFLIX/AMAZON,etc

With ELYSIUM, it was kind of like the 2012 republican presidential primary-selected the least worse form a crowd of not very good.

Not saying it was great or anything, but it along with CLOUD ATLAS and PROMETHEUS were some of the less smelly poop stains in the manure field that was sci fi this yr (that I watched)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Gravity is a ghost story? You might be thinking of that movie Apollo 18 or something.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have not seen gravity, but isn't pretty "dry" and the whole thing is a bit of a ghost story, no? That is what I have heard/read anyway

I'll watch it when it gets to HBO or NETFLIX/AMAZON,etc

With ELYSIUM, it was kind of like the 2012 republican presidential primary-selected the least worse form a crowd of not very good.

Not saying it was great or anything, but it along with CLOUD ATLAS and PROMETHEUS were some of the less smelly poop stains in the manure field that was sci fi this yr (that I watched)

Its dry like Europa Report. Bordering on a docu-drama. But it was very "grown up" science fiction (like Europa Report). It felt very realistic. I really want to see it in 3D now. :)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Gravity went through the whole metaphorical journey of man thing or whatever it's called, which was oddly surprising cause of how well it was intertwined with the whole thing.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Gravity is a ghost story? You might be thinking of that movie Apollo 18 or something.

I don't know-no clue really. A review of sorts called it that. The Clooney character is not really there? Not really concerned about it.