Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Ya, the kid just sent me this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/disney-buys-lucasfilm-for-4-billion-2012-10

Her words: "Just kill me now".

If they are indeed making episode VII, one can only hope that George isn't allowed to write the damned thing.

im not sure what i think really... as the latest things thats come from lucas has been AWFUL ie the latest SW movies and indy 4 he is well past his prime if he ever had one imo and i guess a fresh take on it might be cool? intresting turn of events tho and im almost alittle exited for more CGIgasm SW in the future..

Isn't it beyond sad that we all hope the originator doesn't do more of his work? Really, it's sad if you think about how effed-up Lucas has become. :torn:
yeah sad but deserved imo.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I never liked Star Wars but this is just milking it by making a movie. I only liked the soundtrack composed by John Williams that's the only thing I like.

Disney has been showing boring shows if they have this much money to spend on a concluded and dead franchise why can't they spend this much on quality family and kids shows like they had during the 90's? I cringe how bad Disney has turned for the worse these days.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I never liked Star Wars but this is just milking it by making a movie. I only liked the soundtrack composed by John Williams that's the only thing I like.

Disney has been showing boring shows if they have this much money to spend on a concluded and dead franchise why can't they spend this much on quality family and kids shows like they had during the 90's? I cringe how bad Disney has turned for the worse these days.

I would suspect it's because there's no originality left when it comes to TV and cinematic productions.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMNI

well whatever the outcome im exitec for mor starwars even if its bad that just means ill have something to gripe about on here when it comes out :D

OMNI

and whatever happens ill get to see some more stuff being sliced with lightsabers!!!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Well if they're gonna do another Star Wars I just hope that they get some talanted people in the creative department, which it was seriously lacking in the prequel trilogy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well if they're gonna do another Star Wars I just hope that they get some talanted people in the creative department, which it was seriously lacking in the prequel trilogy.

You mean you didn't love Jar Jar Binks??? :anim_59:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Doubtful it will be like twilight mixed with poor acting like they had with the new spiderman. Oh wait they had that with episode 2 and 3 :rolleye0014:

OMNI

personally i wouldnt mind seeing the knigths of the old republic storyline made into a movie minus the latest one of course as that was just awful that bioware did that to a pretty good story idea.

besides the 7-8-9 sequals stories the expanded SW universe is FULL of potentially good stories such as kotor etc.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You mean you didn't love Jar Jar Binks??? :anim_59:

If there is even ONE reference to Jar Jar or those frog people in anything SW in the future, Im done with it. :)

OMNI

:smiley-015:

No, it was great visually, but it would've been nice if it had a good story and well written characters in addition to the VFX party.
agreed but as a CG/VFX proffesional and fanboy im sure ill still acquire it for my collection even if the story has some suckyness to it.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
SW is a franchise? (being facetious) I dunno, I think its done with. Who else would have bought Lucasfilm EXCEPT Disney? Itnt SW pretty much a closed book like Harry Potter?

I remember back in the dark ages (AKA the late1970's- early 1980's) seeing an interview with Lucas in which he said the original star wars was the fourth of a 9 part series- he had ideas for Leia & Han's children.....so maybe he sold them those ideas too.
I agree with omni (GASP!) a movie or three about the old knights of the old republic would be interesting as well.

as for TV shows: Disney has had some very good luck with Once Upon A Time- the show is doing well and is very well written- all IMHO of course.

OMNI

I remember back in the dark ages (AKA the late1970's- early 1980's) seeing an interview with Lucas in which he said the original star wars was the fourth of a 9 part series- he had ideas for Leia & Han's children.....so maybe he sold them those ideas too.
I agree with omni (GASP!) a movie or three about the old knights of the old republic would be interesting as well.

as for TV shows: Disney has had some very good luck with Once Upon A Time- the show is doing well and is very well written- all IMHO of course.
omg.... hell has frozen over..... :O :eek: :P

so you familiar with the revan storyline or you thinking even further back such as the galactic interstellar war etc? as imo if you go to far back in the SW universe its gets a tad bit corny.. same as if you go a ways to far forward not that the storys cant be updated ala 2015 but still... corny

and yep there has been rumours of FINISHED screenplays of 7-8-9 locked away in a safe of lucas' for aslong as i can remember... and the article says he will be involved as a "creative consultant" so id say its a safe bet those came with the purchase and wernt sold separatly..