Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: May 23, 2014

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
In your rant you forgot to include glass windows on space ships. :winking0052::playful::anim_59:

That's not Japanimation. That's lazy, shitty sci-fi writing for the sake of contriving pointless tension. :(

Quit baiting me! :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hate how they replace the background with that stupid hyperspace effect that lasts anywhere up to 30 seconds to show that the character is running or moving quickly in anger towards something, even when it's only a foot away. I also hate that stupid sideways mouth on the side of the face to display happiness or astonishment. And I also HATE the shaking face to show anger. I have NEVER seen any living thing's face shake when angered anywhere except in Japanimation.

I hate that "joy joy" pink mouth they always use on EVERYTHING. It pisses me off. :shame:

images (1).jpg

Just....it makes me want to do this:

6a00d834523d5069e201156e88c73e970c-800wi.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh, heavens no. They were all 5 in full Technicolor and Dolby. They are EXCELLENT science fiction. The real thing. Both the older series and the newest one. But the hiccup was Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes which butchered everything so entirely that it cannot claim ANY connection to the franchise except having its title. The last one was a masterpiece of science fiction, and the only heavily CGI movie I can ever remember where it became a seamless sidenote to the story.

You owe yourself, dude. Do you have Netflix?

EDIT:

Its on Amazon Prime...do you have an Amazon account?

Perhaps this (not sure how old GF is, but just take it as a lark then :anim_59:):

In 1972 it was announced that all stations would move to colour on 1 March 1975, using the European PAL standard mandated in 1968.[41][47][48]The slogan used to sell colour television to the Australian public was 'March forth into colour'. Australia was to have one of the fastest change-overs to colour television in the world – by 1978 over 64% of households in Sydney and Melbourne had colour television sets.[

Planet of the Apes originals were great movies. The only "issue" I always had with them is the non-believable point that Apes could take over the entire planet after defeating men and all of our weapons and aircraft; the movies never gave any real explanation other then referencing nuclear war.

I think this time around they have laid a good footing for the ability for it to happen; the virus spreading worldwide (killing humans while simultaneously infect any apes it contacts) humans dying or the possibility they evacuate to space (they had that folded into the first movie with a space mission--mars was it?) leaving a planet of apes.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Dude, the 1976 is there for a reason brother :lol:

I don't know why I thought the original was in B&W, I just did for some reason :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Here's a cheerful thought for you: When you guys have all gone senile and impotent I'll still be as energetic and vital as ever since my graduation is in just six days time. ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Here's a cheerful thought for you: When you guys have all gone senile and impotent I'll still be as energetic and vital as ever since my graduation is in just six days time. ;)

Don't worry--it all comes crashing down real quick

but

Congrat's on your graduation :D (how many yrs in your school system?)
--- merged: May 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM ---
Anyone else here remember the PofA tv series?

I remember I used to have the PofA action figures as well...

couple yrs later i used my SW stormtroopers to kick the gorillas asses! :tealc-gun02:

kind of a crossover evil empire of Darth Vader rescues Earth from the Apes

(Hey-I was like 11, so back off.....)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

You haven't graduated yet??? Good Lord, how long is high school in Sweden, 8 years? :icon_e_surprised:

*Just kidding. :winking0052: Congrats on graduating! :smiley_joy:

** Hopefully your "Senior B" (beer party after graduation) won't end up like mine. For the first year ever the cops shut it down before it even began because the idiots organizing it from my class stupidly tapped a keg at 10 a.m. on the beach the morning of our graduation ceremony. The cops weren't about to put up with that nonsense. Can't say I blame them really.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Congrat's on your graduation :D (how many yrs in your school system?)

Thanks, and it's 12 years, 9 of which are compulsory while the last three years are optional, though most students choose to take them because finding a job without having completed high school is obviously next to impossible.

You haven't graduated yet??? Good Lord, how long is high school in Sweden, 8 years? :icon_e_surprised:

*Just kidding. :winking0052: Congrats on graduating! :smiley_joy:

** Hopefully your "Senior B" (beer party after graduation) won't end up like mine. For the first year ever the cops shut it down before it even began because the idiots organizing it from my class stupidly tapped a keg at 10 a.m. on the beach the morning of our graduation ceremony. The cops weren't about to put up with that nonsense. Can't say I blame them really.

Well lucky for us we can actually get into bars over here when we graduate so things probably won't turn out like that with the big graduation party being held at a local nightclub and all. Not that there isn't a risk of the cops taking you in before that what with you working with a pretty constant buzz ever since the traditional champange breakfast which takes place first thing in the morning.
http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Education/Basic-education/Reading/Graduation-time/

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Thanks, and it's 12 years, 9 of which are compulsory while the last three years are optional, though most students choose to take them because finding a job without having completed high school is obviously next to impossible.

Well lucky for us we can actually get into bars over here when we graduate so things probably won't turn out like that with the big graduation party being held at a local nightclub and all. Not that there isn't a risk of the cops taking you in before that what with you working with a pretty constant buzz ever since the traditional champange breakfast which takes place first thing in the morning.
http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Education/Basic-education/Reading/Graduation-time/

Why is every grad dressed like a sailor in that link? Is learning to be a cod fishing boat captain compulsory in Sweden?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Why is every grad dressed like a sailor in that link? Is learning to be a cod fishing boat captain compulsory in Sweden?

They're the traditional silly looking graduation hats. Though at least we can be happy that they don't look as if you have a piece of plywood covered in cloth taped to your head. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They're the traditional silly looking graduation hats. Though at least we can be happy that they don't look as if you have a piece of plywood covered in cloth taped to your head. ;)

Dude, you have no clue as to the aerodynamic specs of a "mortar board" once the late-middle-aged principal announces that you've all graduated from the tedious hell that is high school. If you catch the wind right you can send that shi- flying! Why, when I graduated some clever idiot got the idea that it would be, well, clever to have the boys switch their mortar boards with the girls cuz that would be really rad and, like, ya know...sorta...I dunno...cool maybe in a really stupid way. The whole thing was lame and all these years later it hasn't gotten stopped being lame. :stung:

At any rate, congrats on graduating. Please don't drink and drive, or in your case, drink and sail or whatever it is you people do with cod fishing boats. :jackanime14: