DARK season 1-2

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Halfway through season 2 now. The show is still just as interesting to watch as the first time. Perhaps even more interesting. I hope season 3 lives up to it.

i am thinking of rewatching the whole thing

the recap at the beginning of s3 reminded me of all the sub plots and characters i have forgotten about

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
i am thinking of rewatching the whole thing

the recap at the beginning of s3 reminded me of all the sub plots and characters i have forgotten about
It is definitely helping me to watch it again. I'm noticing connections that I hadn't noticed before, at least I think. Only the last episode of season 2 to go now and then starting season 3.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I watched all season 3 episodes except for the very last one. Finding this even more confusing than the first two seasons. Admittedly though, I was doing other stuff at the same time, so I didn't give it my full attention. I want to try to make sure I have a better understanding of what's going on before I go watch the final episode ever. Hopefully the payoff will be bigger that way.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this season is demanding ultra tight laser focus.. turn away for a moment and you dont know who is what ,where,when or which reality they are in

its like a visual rubiks cube.. lose track and you got to go back

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am hearing great things about this show. Have not seen it!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am hearing great things about this show. Have not seen it!
yeah this and 100 (though of far lower caliber then DARK) are some good stuff out there now

this guy has a good vid here.. actually talking about DARK is at about 2min mark

<<NOTE!!! I DO recommend setting to english dub because if you try to read the subtitles you WILL miss out on a lot of visual "necessities" >>>

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
wow, great ending.. maybe even "perfect"? idk.. just finished it so its got that new car smell, but i'm thinking i havent seen a better thought out and executed show in sci fi, ever

you finish watching it @Lord Ba'al ?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
wow, great ending.. maybe even "perfect"? idk.. just finished it so its got that new car smell, but i'm thinking i havent seen a better thought out and executed show in sci fi, ever

you finish watching it @Lord Ba'al ?
Nope, haven't gotten around to it yet.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Nope, haven't gotten around to it yet.

:(

hopefully you'll enjoy it, i think it was entirely in keeping with what we have already gotten from the creators,, In the case of Charlotte,, as you already know from S2--- I mean, how can you get better then this for a character arc?:

Before we jump into the nuts and bolts of season 3, it’s important to understand that there is really no way to conclude a story like this in a way that would be satisfying in a normal way. The reason for this is because “Dark” is full of bootstrap paradoxes. That’s the term that describes, to cite one example from the show, how Charlotte could be her own grandmother.

There’s no way to resolve this paradox, because it’s a self-contained loop. Charlotte had a daughter named Elisabeth, and then Elisabeth had a daughter named Charlotte, and then baby Charlotte was brought to the past and became the original Charlotte. There’s no beginning or end of this sequence. And if you’ve watched “Dark” all the way through, then you know it’s full of these sorts of loop

and i loved how there was none of the typical time travel stuff like: "omg, there are two of us (the same person) in the same time, the world is going to explode!!!"

just some intense time travel and on point drama that delivered the plot... making it seem as if its leading you to a easily expected ending--- only to not

i, can only see one issue, which i wont post until you have finished, but its not a big deal