CRISPR Gattaca in real life.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Um...I learned exactly how to deal with that in the military! :shame:. Nature has provided that too, but you have to be VERY careful, or you could have poison ivy or poison oak in that place where the sun don't shine! Seriously though, how do you think the over 4 BILLION (of the total 7.5 billion of the global population) humans living who do not have toilet paper deal with it? In Mexico, only about half the population can even afford toilet paper so they use cloths they make just for that purpose (which have to be rewashed).

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Um...I learned exactly how to deal with that in the military! :shame:. Nature has provided that too, but you have to be VERY careful, or you could have poison ivy or poison oak in that place where the sun don't shine! Seriously though, how do you think the over 4 BILLION (of the total 7.5 billion of the global population) humans living who do not have toilet paper deal with it? In Mexico, only about half the population can even afford toilet paper so they use cloths they make just for that purpose (which have to be rewashed).

So you would be happy to go without toilet paper then?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So you would be happy to go without toilet paper then?

I did not say that. :) I said that nothing made by man falls into the category of "can't live without it". WANTING to not use something is a different thing altogether.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As far as I'm concerned there was never any doubt about that.

I think that it was already done years ago, and that whomever did it is just not reporting it for fear of international scorn.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I think that it was already done years ago, and that whomever did it is just not reporting it for fear of international scorn.
Next conspiracy will be oh there is a secret alien base on planet earth or the fact that area 51 is where they are holding aliens :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was just a matter of time. They'll soon replicate organs now.

If they are cloning humans, then they are already replicating the organs in that process.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Next conspiracy will be oh there is a secret alien base on planet earth or the fact that area 51 is where they are holding aliens :D

It was never a conspiracy theory that humans were going to be cloned or have been cloned already. If they can clone monkeys, then they can clone humans. But since the international community would not approve of it, why would any such actual experiments be published? That would be career ending.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

https://www.salk.edu/news-release/crispr-gene-editing-takes-another-big-step-forward-targeting-rna/