Craig Engler - VP and Syfy Tweeter Guy

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am surprised Craig even bothered answering. These are the same freaking question just in a different format...seriously!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am surprised Craig even bothered answering. These are the same freaking question just in a different format...seriously!

It does seem to be an exercise in futility.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I soo agree with u there.

Once SGU is gone, maybe these "people" will go back to living under rocks.

I get people being a bit annoyed Syfy has ended their show, but they've made it very clear it wasn't a decision they wanted to take. Plus Craig's been very up front in explaining why SGU was moved around.

There's a possibility that there was some perfect timeslot/day that could have boosted viewership just enough for renewal but anyone who thinks Syfy wasn't doing their best to find it is being somewhat ignorant.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Newsflash: SGU wasn't wildly successful on Fridays!

SPStouffs tweeted:
@Syfy Maybe if you didn't move it to Tuesday for f***ng WRESTLING, it would have had more viewers!

Syfy tweeted back:@SPStouffs Unfortunately SGU lost close to a million viewers airing on Fridays so leaving it there wasn't practical.

ETA: bleeped out the profanity, sorry -didn't even think when posting it.

As I said , the show was in trouble when it fell below 1.5 Million viewers. Sanctuary and Merlin can afford to dip below 1.5 Million, SGU could not. I just don't understand what is so hard to understand with some of these people.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
As I said , the show was in trouble when it fell below 1.5 Million viewers. Sanctuary and Merlin can afford to dip below 1.5 Million, SGU could not. I just don't understand what is so hard to understand with some of these people.

It's obviously people don't trust you man. But we here trust everything you say,because, you are a realiable source.Plus, most fans still don't know, sgu is probably 3 times as expensive to make than sanctuary,they seem to believe all shows have the same budget.

THX1138

GateFans Member
It's obviously people don't trust you man. But we here trust everything you say,because, you are a realiable source.Plus, most fans still don't know, sgu is probably 3 times as expensive to make than sanctuary,they seem to believe all shows have the same budget.

No, Sanctuary (S3 vs S2) cost about two thirds of SGU according to producer Damian Kindler

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
No, Sanctuary (S3 vs S2) cost about two thirds of SGU according to producer Damian Kindler

...and that is why SGU was cancelled and Sanctuary was renewed. However, Sanctuary needs to maintain or imo grow a little in audience to get a 5th season. They are getting to that break even point.

julie1927

GateFans Noob
Sheppard

Mr. Englar you and SyFy need to bring back SGA even if it is on USA. We want Joe Flanigan back as Sheppard and we want him paired with Larrin McShepp.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Craig is answering a few more questions:

Q) @fergmaster Out of curiosity, what kind of ratings would #SGU have to of been getting for s3 pickup?

A) Hard to say exactly, but if it had held the #s it got in the first 3-4 eps that would have been ideal I think.

RT @desari #SGU lost ratings because it never got a full straight season and everyone forgot about it. (see next)

Unfortunately @desari the bulk of #SGU's drop happened in the first 10 eps, which were run straight. That was probably the biggest issue.

In fact @desari, it actually gained viewers during the break from the end of 1.0 to the beginning of 1.5, so the hiatus helped a bit.

@SGUAwareness It started about 2.3 million I believe and best ep was 2.5 million IIRC. Ratings are online somewhere (wikipedia?) I think.

Tropicana

Council Member
Craig is answering a few more questions:

Q) @fergmaster Out of curiosity, what kind of ratings would #SGU have to of been getting for s3 pickup?

A) Hard to say exactly, but if it had held the #s it got in the first 3-4 eps that would have been ideal I think.

RT @desari #SGU lost ratings because it never got a full straight season and everyone forgot about it. (see next)

Unfortunately @desari the bulk of #SGU's drop happened in the first 10 eps, which were run straight. That was probably the biggest issue.

In fact @desari, it actually gained viewers during the break from the end of 1.0 to the beginning of 1.5, so the hiatus helped a bit.

@SGUAwareness It started about 2.3 million I believe and best ep was 2.5 million IIRC. Ratings are online somewhere (wikipedia?) I think.
Gee, the diehards just aren't getting the message are they? SGU lost viewers, lost like 50% during the show's first 10 episodes - S2 didn't get the numbers up to 1.3m, let alone 2m - so it was cancelled. Difficult to comprehend? I think not.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
New up coming q&a session with Craig and other head honchos. Its being interwoven with a twitter q&a. I have signed us up for it, info is here http://www.paleycenter.org/2011-spring-syfy-tweet-up/ Im not sure how the time zones will work out, but some good questions to fire at these guys via twitter would be awesome!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
New up coming q&a session with Craig and other head honchos. Its being interwoven with a twitter q&a. I have signed us up for it, info is here http://www.paleycenter.org/2011-spring-syfy-tweet-up/ Im not sure how the time zones will work out, but some good questions to fire at these guys via twitter would be awesome!
Sounds good! I hope Craig and Syfy appreciate the fact that there are reasonable fans out there - people they don't have to explain for the umpteenth time that SGU was cancelled because the ratings were way below what they needed for ad revenues, that SGU was already deep in the red before it got moved from Friday and that his their network isn't a charity.
I'd like to see them address at least a few real questions from a site that isn't married to MGM & TPTW and bent on smearing Syfy. And of course of true SG1 & SGA fans :D