COAST TO COAST, speckled ghosts, zombie painted posts, & other "insanities"-so entertaining!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
For starters--
when I was still in the army, there was about a yr where my family was on this side of PA, and I was still in Scranton until retirement.

as such, I made a lot of middle of the night trips alone on a lonely I80 across PA

COAST TO COAST AM was a great way to stay awake!!!

I believe nothing on it other then I "believe" the words are coming through the radio!

but it was interesting and highly entertaining. occasionally-like ANCIENT ALIENS show-many things were brought up that did have reality based facts, but were quickly derailed into this alien silliness stuff

so for a beginning to this "insanity" thread---I'll let a quote do the "talking"
:)

8 US Soldiers Disappear removing 5000 yr old Flying Machine from Afghan Cave

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That show has gotten worse over the years. There are wayyyyyy too many commercials on it now. And George Noori often has guests on that are actually selling a product. I swear that bastard sells advertising time to guests instead of legitimately interviewing interesting people.

I do like him for giving that crackpot Sylvia Browne the boot after her psychic prediction was totally wrong. She predicted that some trapped miners were dead when in fact they all were alive and lived thru the ordeal.

By the way, Sylvia is dead now and from what I understand she couldn't even predict when she would croak. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For starters--
when I was still in the army, there was about a yr where my family was on this side of PA, and I was still in Scranton until retirement.

as such, I made a lot of middle of the night trips alone on a lonely I80 across PA

COAST TO COAST AM was a great way to stay awake!!!

I believe nothing on it other then I "believe" the words are coming through the radio!

but it was interesting and highly entertaining. occasionally-like ANCIENT ALIENS show-many things were brought up that did have reality based facts, but were quickly derailed into this alien silliness stuff

so for a beginning to this "insanity" thread---I'll let a quote do the "talking"
:)

8 US Soldiers Disappear removing 5000 yr old Flying Machine from Afghan Cave

When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I believed in UFOs, alien abductions, ancient astronauts and The Roswell Incident. :) Today, none of them. But I do believe that humankind has reached high levels of technology before, perhaps more than 5000 years ago. More evidence is pointing to a highly developed world being build DURING the last Ice Age. The areas where ancient monolithic sites exist today (ancient Egypt, Teotihuacan, Nazca, Easter Island and other areas in South and Central America as well as the now desert Sahara and In Mojengo-Daro) were all ice-free during the last ice age.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I believed in UFOs, alien abductions, ancient astronauts and The Roswell Incident. :) Today, none of them. But I do believe that humankind has reached high levels of technology before, perhaps more than 5000 years ago. More evidence is pointing to a highly developed world being build DURING the last Ice Age. The areas where ancient monolithic sites exist today (ancient Egypt, Teotihuacan, Nazca, Easter Island and other areas in South and Central America as well as the now desert Sahara and In Mojengo-Daro) were all ice-free during the last ice age.

When you say, "high levels of technology", are you implying comparable to our modern tech or relative to the time?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
When you say, "high levels of technology", are you implying comparable to our modern tech or relative to the time?

Comparable to our modern tech. I do think the path would have been different for that high tech because there was nothing like capitalism to drive it's development....if it ever did. :)

Bluce Ree

Comparable to our modern tech. I do think the path would have been different for that high tech because there was nothing like capitalism to drive it's development....if it ever did. :)

5000 years is not enough time to completely wipe out all signs of a modern civilization comparable to ours in technology. If we're talking 6 and 7 digits then perhaps. I think 100 million years is a hell of a long time for there to have been only one technologically modern civilization like ours.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
5000 years is not enough time to completely wipe out all signs of a modern civilization comparable to ours in technology. If we're talking 6 and 7 digits then perhaps. I think 100 million years is a hell of a long time for there to have been only one technologically modern civilization like ours.
You're right. more like 10000 years and before.

EDIT: I will say 12,000 years. This because the revisions to ancient site ages continues rearward.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Today, none of them. But I do believe that humankind has reached high levels of technology before, perhaps more than 5000 years ago.

that's what i mean; shows like this and ancient aliens use these facts of archaeological finds and twist them to their "Alien" purposes

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
that's what i mean; shows like this and ancient aliens use these facts of archaeological finds and twist them to their "Alien" purposes

Really? Then I would not like it most likely. I find that notion insulting. I wonder how Europeans would feel if at some point in the future, after modern civilization has crumbled or been destroyed by war, things were dug up and buildings uncovered by future archaeologists and the claim was made that aliens came here and built them. Or if a destroyed iPad was dug up and somebody claimed it was a cooking utensil or a work of abstract art.

Bluce Ree

Why is it that they can find a murder weapon tossed out in the middle of the Nevada desert and the body of the victim killed with that weapon buried in some swamp on the other side of the country, pull fibers and DNA samples from both and find the murderer yet they can't find a big elusive ape apparently roaming a national park or a 25 ton brontosaurus swimming in a Scottish lake?

Answer: because they don't exist.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why is it that they can find a murder weapon tossed out in the middle of the Nevada desert and the body of the victim killed with that weapon buried in some swamp on the other side of the country, pull fibers and DNA samples from both and find the murderer yet they can't find a big elusive ape apparently roaming a national park or a 25 ton brontosaurus swimming in a Scottish lake?

Answer: because they don't exist.

PRECISELY. Notice how we never hear about UFO sightings or Bigfoot or abductions anymore? Too easy to debunk now. Next debunking is crop circles. :cool:

Bluce Ree

PRECISELY. Notice how we never hear about UFO sightings or Bigfoot or abductions anymore? Too easy to debunk now. Next debunking is crop circles. :cool:

Well, with cameras and smartphones everywhere, it precludes the hoaxes from simple folks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, with cameras and smartphones everywhere, it precludes the hoaxes from simple folks.

No more "Yeti hair" or droppings being found anymore, probably because it's too easy to check the DNA genomes. :) And if there ever was a Nessie, it would have been detected and photographed from orbit because Lock Ness is only 745' deep. :)

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/satellites-reveal-hidden-features-bottom-earths-seas

No need to be scared of hovering circular craft with flashing lights, because they are already common!

So, were the "abductees" of the 1970s just high on drugs and dumb as rocks to be so guillible, or were people like...you know, makin shit up to get famous? :confused0006: :smiley-laughing021:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
There has always been money to be made off of gullibility. Shysters will always find a way to profit off of a portion of the population.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I really love Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World (Science as a Candle in the Dark). It's an amazing read that debunks the shit out of aliens and Bigfoot and crazy thinking in general. If you haven't read it there is a free pdf of the book at the link below. Good stuff! :beckett_new049:

http://www.metaphysicspirit.com/books/The Demon-Haunted World.pdf