Christian Bale Goes to Visit Shooting Victims and Their Families in CO

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
So, your opinion is, dispite evidence to the contrary, bale was going for a publicity stunt to cash in on the deaths in Aurora.
OK dude, why let "pointless minutiae" get in the way of a good story............
are you just retarded today or just f*cking blind?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
are you just retarded today or just f*cking blind?

Dude, I can understand you not agreeing with Bale doing what he is doing, but you seem downright ANGRY that he is doing it. I don't get that.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Dude, I can understand you not agreeing with Bale doing what he is doing, but you seem downright ANGRY that he is doing it. I don't get that.
that is certainly your right.

also WTF i cant have a single oppinion without one of you ******* asking/calling me angry?

and i swear to GOD anyone who sends me another PM about that will get nothing but a PM full to the brim of curse words in return (im that sick of em) eyeballs GF76**

G

Graybrew1

He made a point NOt TO ALERT THE MEDIA. He did not do it as a PR stunt. He also would not not need to. He is an actor indeed, but a very rich one that has starred in some of the biggest grossing movies. He was the star in Terminator Salvation as well as the Batman movies. He did nothing more than what many others did during the Wars in the USO. He brought up their morale. If they did not wish to see him, they could have said no.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Christian Bale- one class act

I think its good what he is doing. After all, these people were going to see Batman in that theater. After such a horriffic event, many will never be the same, and the personal appearance from the star of the film might just make a lot of these people feel better. :)

Not all actors would have done what Bale has done here. Some are so wrapped up with themselves that they would have dismissed such a gesture out of hand.

Once actors start believing their own press, they can become downright impossible to deal with. Really.

It wasn't some random ass actor in some random ass film though.
If it were, I would understand your sentiment OMNI, but it wasn't.

He made a point NOt TO ALERT THE MEDIA. He did not do it as a PR stunt. He also would not not need to. He is an actor indeed, but a very rich one that has starred in some of the biggest grossing movies. He was the star in Terminator Salvation as well as the Batman movies. He did nothing more than what many others did during the Wars in the USO. He brought up their morale. If they did not wish to see him, they could have said no.

agreed with all of the above. Christian Bale has always shown himself to be a class act IMHO. He stood by Winona Ryder when she had her legal troubles years ago- he said it was the least he could do after the way she insisted he have the role of "Laurie" in the Little Women production done during the early 90's after he had some problems in his life and wasn't considered a good risk. (He's not an American - actually he's English. :) )

as to the rest of this discussion :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
that is certainly your right.

also WTF i cant have a single oppinion without one of you ******* asking/calling me angry?

and i swear to GOD anyone who sends me another PM about that will get nothing but a PM full to the brim of curse words in return (im that sick of em) eyeballs GF76**

Perhaps not "angry" but shall we say "downright menstrual"? :anim_59:

Look, I don't hide the fact that I find Christian Bale to be insufferable. As it is I'm glad he's done making Batman movies because I'm sick of him. I used to think he was a great actor (he was in many ways) but over the years he's just become this big bag o' arrogance. He seems to take himself wayyyyyyy too seriously. Watch Terminator Salvation and you'll get that vibe from him in spades.

That said, his visit to the victims seems genuine and sincere. What happened in CO is truly insane and unlike any other sort of mass shooting in history. Bale might be high on himself at times but if he was using this as a way to get attention it would be obvious. There are plenty of smart people out there (and on this forum) who would see right thru him if this was all an attention whore act. It's not. Trust me, I'm not a dummy, in fact, I'm a cynical bastard of epic proportions and I can spot bullshit from orbit. The Christian Bale visit isn't bullshit, in fact, it was proper. Kudos to him for being a stand-up sort of guy.

Now if Kim Kardashian starts to tour the hospitals in CO then you know it's an attention whore publicity stunt. Don't drink the media Kool-Aid man, don't drink it! :worked_till_5am:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
agreed with all of the above. Christian Bale has always shown himself to be a class act IMHO. He stood by Winona Ryder when she had her legal troubles years ago- he said it was the least he could do after the way she insisted he have the role of "Laurie" in the Little Women production done during the early 90's after he had some problems in his life and wasn't considered a good risk. (He's not an American - actually he's English. :) )

as to the rest of this discussion :facepalm:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell maybe the word "always" is stretching it a bit and would have to exclude incidents like verbally demolishing the poor director of photography on the set of T4: Salvation for 4 minutes straight because he accidentally interrupted a scene or his mother and sister pressing charges and subsequently having him arrested over an abuse incident.

Otherwise, I think he's a stand-up guy for visiting the shooting victims. Whether it's a PR stunt or not, it still helps with the victims' morale.