Christian Bale Goes to Visit Shooting Victims and Their Families in CO

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...tims-aurora-colorado-dark-knight-rises-353665

This was really awesome of him to do. The whole situation is just so terrible, and I'm glad that he is going to try to ease some of the suffering of the victims and their families. Warner Bros is already going to be donating a buttload of money to the victims and their families.

There are a lot of movie theatres out there who have set up donation stations for the victims and their families. Movie studios even decided to behave themselves over the weekend and not talk about numbers, etc. (that was left to news sites who wanted to make something of the numbers as they might or might not relate to the shooting).

I'm glad of the outpouring of support and sympathy out there.

Kudos to everyone who is being good and decent for a change in the face of this horrible act. :-)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
How do these Psycho maniacs exist in the world is beyond me. Nevertheless, great thing what Christian Bale did...

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
its not beyond me at all what beyond me is the amout of sheeple in the world.

as for bale visiting the victims and families WTF... he is an ACTOR and AAAAACTOR if this SOB who shot all these people killed someone i gave a shit about do you think id give a flying F*CK about him coming to visit and apreciate it? F**********************************************************************************CK no.. id be seriously pissed off that they are using my pain as some public relations stunt seriously... fookin 'mericans...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
its not beyond me at all what beyond me is the amout of sheeple in the world.

as for bale visiting the victims and families WTF... he is an ACTOR and AAAAACTOR if this SOB who shot all these people killed someone i gave a shit about do you think id give a flying F*CK about him coming to visit and apreciate it? F**********************************************************************************CK no.. id be seriously pissed off that they are using my pain as some public relations stunt seriously... fookin 'mericans...

I think its good what he is doing. After all, these people were going to see Batman in that theater. After such a horriffic event, many will never be the same, and the personal appearance from the star of the film might just make a lot of these people feel better. :)

OMNI

I think its good what he is doing. After all, these people were going to see Batman in that theater. After such a horriffic event, many will never be the same, and the personal appearance from the star of the film might just make a lot of these people feel better. :)
of course you do no surprise there seeing as you call him a "STAR" :facepalm:

OMNI

persoanlly id be SUPER F*CKIN offended if some thinks he's all that actor came to my door to show support (by just showing up seeing as he's a movie "star" that is such an honor and just to be near him for a few minutes will make me feel sooo much better) after loosing someone close to me just because they were in some random movie theater watching some random ass movie... sheesh....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
of course you do no surprise there seeing as you call him a "STAR" :facepalm:

:) To them he is a star. They were actually attending a movie theater. :facepalm:. Im no starchaser.:cool: But to many of these people who "follow" actors and performers, to meet one of them in a one on one basis might be the most exciting thing to ever happen to them. I wouldn't be in that theater at that time in the first place. :icon_nono:. I hate crowded places with a passion. So if you try to imagine being one of those people who were victimized in this horrific crime, something like what Christian Bale is doing is an incredibly thoughtful gesture.

No way to take this outreach from Bale as a negative. If it is not your cuppa, I can respect that. :very_drunk: Maybe some of the victims will feel like you do and decline their visit from Bale. I don't know. But looking at this it earns some respect from me for his humanitarianism. It was also a very NICE thing to do.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Not all actors would have done what Bale has done here. Some are so wrapped up with themselves that they would have dismissed such a gesture out of hand.

Once actors start believing their own press, they can become downright impossible to deal with. Really.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
persoanlly id be SUPER F*CKIN offended if some thinks he's all that actor came to my door to show support (by just showing up seeing as he's a movie "star" that is such an honor and just to be near him for a few minutes will make me feel sooo much better) after loosing someone close to me just because they were in some random movie theater watching some random ass movie... sheesh....

It wasn't some random ass actor in some random ass film though.
If it were, I would understand your sentiment OMNI, but it wasn't.

OMNI

you are idolising and swooning over him for this ie public relations success.. :facepalm:

personally i would be extreemly offended like i said and if i lived in the us id Sue him for trying to capitalise on it.

OMNI

It wasn't some random ass actor in some random ass film though.
If it were, I would understand your sentiment OMNI, but it wasn't.
yes it was and it is.

what you are reffering to is the batman thing not being some random movie well thats a POV thing, to me it is a random ass movie in a rnadom ass theater, besides you are missing my point and arguing semantics which is surprising coming from you..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
you are idolising and swooning over him for this ie public relations success.. :facepalm:

personally i would be extreemly offended like i said and if i lived in the us id Sue him for trying to capitalise on it.

Did you bother to read the link or not?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
did you bother to actually read anything ive said or are you just outraged that i dare say something bad about your "stars" :facepalm:

He's an actor, no more or less to me. I'm hardly "outraged" either. What I see is someone who felt bad that something that they were involved in could lead to such an act and tried to do something about it thats it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
yes it was and it is.

what you are reffering to is the batman thing not being some random movie well thats a POV thing, to me it is a random ass movie in a rnadom ass theater, besides you are missing my point and arguing semantics which is surprising coming from you..

What is your point then if I have missed it dude?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
OMNI, I don't think we're "swooning" over them. I think most of us are mature enough (gawd, what an idea!) that we're over the whole drooling thing.

It's just cool that he did it. As I said before, a lot of actors wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I think he was trying to do something nice for those people. I don't think he believed at all that the people he visted were going to forget what happened to them last Friday morning. I suspect he's old enough to have given up that kind of magical thinking. ;)

OMNI

OMNI, I don't think we're "swooning" over them. I think most of us are mature enough (gawd, what an idea!) that we're over the whole drooling thing.

It's just cool that he did it. As I said before, a lot of actors wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I think he was trying to do something nice for those people. I don't think he believed at all that the people he visted were going to forget what happened to them last Friday morning. I suspect he's old enough to have given up that kind of magical thinking. ;)
maturity is overated immaturity is so much more entertaining ;)

as for bolded im not an idiot i get that but all im saying is iu would be incredibly insulted by it and if i was bale even if i had some weird need to do soething personal visits wouldnt be my first thought and if it was would be quite aware that doing that can be seen as extreemly insensitive, atleast WAIT a few months.. dont imiedietly jump on the PR band wagon.

OMNI

What is your point then if I have missed it dude?
i couldnt possibly have been clearer with my oppinion if you missed it shame on you also if you want to argue semantics look somewhere else as im not in the mood for pointless minutia.

my statement was to drive the point of my oppinion home, i thought that would be obvious to you.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
maturity is overated immaturity is so much more entertaining ;)

as for bolded im not an idiot i get that but all im saying is iu would be incredibly insulted by it and if i was bale even if i had some weird need to do soething personal visits wouldnt be my first thought and if it was would be quite aware that doing that can be seen as extreemly insensitive, atleast WAIT a few months.. dont imiedietly jump on the PR band wagon.
I know you're not an idiot. That's why I enjoy talking with you. I don't have a lot of tolerance for stupid. I think we have that in common, my friend. :-)

And so far, the reaction to his visit seems to be going okay. I'll wait until the talking heads from the news media put their spin on things and go from there.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
i couldnt possibly have been clearer with my oppinion if you missed it shame on you also if you want to argue semantics look somewhere else as im not in the mood for pointless minutia.

my statement was to drive the point of my oppinion home, i thought that would be obvious to you.

So, your opinion is, dispite evidence to the contrary, bale was going for a publicity stunt to cash in on the deaths in Aurora.
OK dude, why let "pointless minutiae" get in the way of a good story............