China to build world's largest floating solar power plant in major commitment to renewable power

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wow, this didn't turn into a political/religious conversation at all.

:Rolleyes:

OK, OK,,O F--ING K!!!! :)

How timely this post is?

hey OM1?

how is anything here 'political'?

and tell me please, how does one talk about any country, that is muslim without talking about islam? and that isn't really 'religious' talk

religious talk would be if someone started talking about the tenets of islam, the meaning/reasons to 'submit', the theology behind the writings of the koran---that would be religious

political? dont see it..not at all. "politics" would be the discussion of electioneering. sitting politicians or bureaucrats behaving in a manner consistent with 'party lines'. the scandals of emails and servers, russians interfering with elections, pays offs and campaign financing---any of that would be 'political'

there is not one shred of that here..sorry,, don't see it

perhaps european dictionaries have a different definition listed for 'politics'?

merriam webster--what we use here in america has this:

Definition of politics
: the art or science of government
b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2: political actions, practices, or policies
3a : political affairs or business; especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
: political life especially as a principal activity or profession: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
: the total complex of relations between people living in society: relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Is there a way to discuss ANY city in the middle East without discussing religion? It is their government. Everything built there belongs to an Islamic sheikdom. Not our fault.

and how else do you speak of them? they self identify as "the islamic republic/kingdom of..." !

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OK, OK,,O F--ING K!!!! :)

How timely this post is?

hey OM1?

how is anything here 'political'?

and tell me please, how does one talk about any country, that is muslim without talking about islam? and that isn't really 'religious' talk

religious talk would be if someone started talking about the tenets of islam, the meaning/reasons to 'submit', the theology behind the writings of the koran---that would be religious

political? dont see it..not at all. "politics" would be the discussion of electioneering. sitting politicians or bureaucrats behaving in a manner consistent with 'party lines'. the scandals of emails and servers, russians interfering with elections, pays offs and campaign financing---any of that would be 'political'

there is not one shred of that here..sorry,, don't see it

perhaps european dictionaries have a different definition listed for 'politics'?

merriam webster--what we use here in america has this:

Definition of politics
: the art or science of government
b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2: political actions, practices, or policies
3a : political affairs or business; especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
: political life especially as a principal activity or profession: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
: the total complex of relations between people living in society: relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view

Well....politics is any discussion of the machinations between nations, religions or any social group. When the discussions of those interactions is the core of the topic, we are talking politics. In this context, it's the cities of the future and China's floating power plant which are the core of the topic, not the politics behind them. We can talk about Islam being the reason no middle east city can be considered a city of the future, but not allow the conversation to become a rant about the goings-on in Muslim nations.

The second definition is one of consensus, at least here at GateFans. If enough members protest the creation or deviation of a thread into politics, then it's politics even if you personally do not think so.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and how else do you speak of them? they self identify as "the islamic republic/kingdom of..." !

I just don't speak of them much anymore. Especially here.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
if any post in this thread was "political" then the thread starter qualifies :)

who owns three gorges corporation?

they operate in over 3 dozen other nations. this by extension is also political as its owner is practicing (fill in the blanks :) ) S---- ----d c---------- f------ r--------

now that is political on the internationa level

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
if any post in this thread was "political" then the thread starter qualifies :)

who owns three gorges corporation?

they operate in over 3 dozen other nations. this by extension is also political as its owner is practicing (fill in the blanks :) ) S---- ----d c---------- f------ r--------

now that is political on the internationa level

The thread is not about Three Gorges Corporation tho...it's about a specific floating power plant. It's comparable to speaking of the enginering feat of the V1 rocket without mentioning the Nazis.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol.

You guys are derailing the thread.

Yongjin that rating was just for fun. ;)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well....politics is any discussion of the machinations between nations, religions or any social group. When the discussions of those interactions is the core of the topic, we are talking politics. In this context, it's the cities of the future and China's floating power plant which are the core of the topic, not the politics behind them. We can talk about Islam being the reason no middle east city can be considered a city of the future, but not allow the conversation to become a rant about the goings-on in Muslim nations.

The second definition is one of consensus, at least here at GateFans. If enough members protest the creation or deviation of a thread into politics, then it's politics even if you personally do not think so.
I don't think it went that bad into politics IMO. I thought we did a great job keeping things in order. Anyway back to topic, I still like the idea that masa has thought of even if it's not welcomed here.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
So this can happen when you have a country with no building standards...

WTF? This is so messed up.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
These videos now make me want to avoid anytthing made in china and avoid china in general. This is so fucked up. I am sorry if I may offend someone, but this is wrong in so many levels

Where is the ethics behind this?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These videos now make me want to avoid anytthing made in china and avoid china in general. This is so fucked up. I am sorry if I may offend someone, but this is wrong in so many levels

You aren't offending me at all. I am not a fan of Chinese government or business. But I am grateful that they provide an economic balancing tray by being the nation most industrialized and most capable of mass production. Their military insures that the United States will never be able to control or manipulate them. Besides that, I have no admiration for Chinese society. I have no issues with the people of China, however.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

those ghost cities remind me of the places where the Saudi govt housed US and other foreign troops AFTER the gulf war of 91

easier to keep an eye on us and control all the 'roaming' we did when we lived in tents in the desert previously

---------------------------
and many of those corrupt builders are SEVERELY punished especially when death of workers or resident's involved

severe prison sentences even death is the sentence

some get the same death deal as they give drug traffickers; public execution in a soccer stadium

------------------------
the ethics of chinese businessmen and many in the govt has no bottom. on here, long ago, we discussed the plasticization of human bodies business.

the bodies even went 'on tour' in the US--how grotesque!!

it was investigated by some american journalists, they discovered evidence that that strongly suggested that many of the bodies were those of political prisoners or ppl sold to them by north korean army officers

their display of the pregnant woman was a major red flag

------------------------

"to get rich is glorious" Deng Xiaoping

heisenberg

Earl Grey
those ghost cities remind me of the places where the Saudi govt housed US and other foreign troops AFTER the gulf war of 91

easier to keep an eye on us and control all the 'roaming' we did when we lived in tents in the desert previously

---------------------------
and many of those corrupt builders are SEVERELY punished especially when death of workers or resident's involved

severe prison sentences even death is the sentence

some get the same death deal as they give drug traffickers; public execution in a soccer stadium

------------------------
the ethics of chinese businessmen and many in the govt has no bottom. on here, long ago, we discussed the plasticization of human bodies business.

the bodies even went 'on tour' in the US--how grotesque!!

it was investigated by some american journalists, they discovered evidence that that strongly suggested that many of the bodies were those of political prisoners or ppl sold to them by north korean army officers

their display of the pregnant woman was a major red flag

------------------------

"to get rich is glorious" Deng Xiaoping
These ghost cities are just to keep china delaying the inevitable which is just silence. They are building shit to artifically inflate their GDP and make them look good for business. They are also trying to improve their image but in the process there are a lot of assholes out there that are down right cheap and don't want to change their ways and they use very cheap material to build houses and apartment buildings. It's like these people don't want to spend the money.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These ghost cities are just to keep china delaying the inevitable which is just silence. They are building shit to artifically inflate their GDP and make them look good for business. They are also trying to improve their image but in the process there are a lot of assholes out there that are down right cheap and don't want to change their ways and they use very cheap material to build houses and apartment buildings. It's like these people don't want to spend the money.

They are imitating the "Western Way" and failing miserably. A sharp contrast to Japan, which not only has its modern infrastructure, but they innovate and build to standards strong enough to withstand the earthquakes they get. China and both the Koreas are decades behind in advancement.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
China and both the Koreas are decades behind in advancement.

not true for south korea. to believe they are so far behind, or even behind at all technologically is kind of a M.A.S.H. informed perspective

their net speeds are much faster then ours. like fastest in the world rating

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...south-korea-wins-us-lags-far-behind/86516042/

a standard of living that more then doubled since 2000:
https://qz.com/387292/by-2020-south-koreans-will-have-a-better-standard-of-living-than-the-french/

they have built a city from the ocean up with every utility-to include garbage removal, underground. the city is pre planned and mostly pre wired before any building was constructed. The city was built with many electric car charging stations as well. Even in the early 90's when I was there, much of South korea made much of america look third world.

Songdo-"smartest of the smart cities"

https://www.worldcrunch.com/smarter...ngdo-south-korea-the-smartest-of-smart-cities

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

also, take a look at everything they are doing in Xinjiang

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
not true for south korea. to believe they are so far behind, or even behind at all technologically is kind of a M.A.S.H. informed perspective

their net speeds are much faster then ours. like fastest in the world rating

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...south-korea-wins-us-lags-far-behind/86516042/

a standard of living that more then doubled since 2000:
https://qz.com/387292/by-2020-south-koreans-will-have-a-better-standard-of-living-than-the-french/

they have built a city from the ocean up with every utility-to include garbage removal, underground. the city is pre planned and mostly pre wired before any building was constructed. The city was built with many electric car charging stations as well. Even in the early 90's when I was there, much of South korea made much of america look third world.

Songdo-"smartest of the smart cities"

https://www.worldcrunch.com/smarter...ngdo-south-korea-the-smartest-of-smart-cities

Well, let's be honest. South Korea owes all of it's modernity to the United States and Japan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-15292674

Even with everything you said, they are still decades behind....overall.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
they are still decades behind....overall

yeah, not seeing that in tech, or 'future city' building or anything that seems to matter to most ppl today

for about 20yrs, there have been more american and other nation civilians there then ever. they go there to attend school, to teach english, to teach, to work in industry,etc. many gain RoK citizenship --as 2nd class/status citizens- and stay for life.

before that, if you saw a non korean there 80% of the time it would have been a US serviceperson

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yeah, not seeing that in tech, or 'future city' building or anything that seems to matter to most ppl today

for about 20yrs, there have been more american and other nation civilians there then ever. they go there to attend school, to teach english, to teach, to work in industry,etc. many gain RoK citizenship --as 2nd class/status citizens- and stay for life.

before that, if you saw a non korean there 80% of the time it would have been a US serviceperson

South Korea and all of Asia will enter their superpower phase with everything new and already developed into mature technologies. I think that in the not too distant future, North Korea and South Korea will reunite and share these new technologies