GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool documentary

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Who wouldn't want a little tiger, right?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so, i know what the internet says but what do any of you do for your cat when it has a cold?

i know no human otc's, but what about something natural added to their water or food

we have two brothers inside, one is sneezing and has runny eyes (clear discharge)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so, i know what the internet says but what do any of you do for your cat when it has a cold?

i know no human otc's, but what about something natural added to their water or food

we have two brothers inside, one is sneezing and has runny eyes (clear discharge)

Keep him inside and create a warm spot for him to rest in. Make sure he has plenty of water, preferably running water. Maybe leave a trickle running in a sink. The cold will pass without using any medicine. I hope you are feeding him mostly protein!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I don't know if you remember the comments in this thread about Siete's bad cold. It was enough to make him completely lose his meow, and his ears were hot and he was lethargic and wanted to sleep most of the time. It lasted about a week, and his voice came back and he was fine after about a week and a half. I did not give him any sort of medicine and I did not even take him to the vet because I did some research first and realized he just had a kitty cold.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
we feed them a dry feed that is 38% protein and whose ingredients list starts of with chicken, boiled chicken extract (broth?) no grains other then some cracked corn--no soy

the water is refilled at least 2 times a day as they drink quite a bit. it is well water that requires no treatment (its nether hard nor soft)

a lot of times we have to fill it more often. they will knock a kibble into the water and then they wont touch the water

yes, finicky cats i know

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
we feed them a dry feed that is 38% protein and whose ingredients list starts of with chicken, boiled chicken extract (broth?) no grains other then some cracked corn--no soy

the water is refilled at least 2 times a day as they drink quite a bit. it is well water that requires no treatment (its nether hard nor soft)

a lot of times we have to fill it more often. they will knock a kibble into the water and then they wont touch the water

yes, finicky cats i know

Wow. :( Cats should be eating food that is at least 50% protein, and they should not be eating corn at all. What do you mean "dry feed"? What sort of dry feed, and is it made for cats?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The kibble in the water bowl thing is very recognizeable. There's some kind of shit in my water, give me new!

Of course nowadays we're using a water fountain and it's nowhere near the kibbles, so we don't have that issue anymore.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The kibble in the water bowl thing is very recognizeable. There's some kind of shit in my water, give me new!

Of course nowadays we're using a water fountain and it's nowhere near the kibbles, so we don't have that issue anymore.

Same here :) Siete has two fountains. When Fisher died, I never retired the second fountain, but I did retire his litterbox and now there is only one. I also serve Siete's food in a tray that catches the stray kibble and food particles. Here is a picture of it just after I emptied it. The kibble never misses the tray and neither does any food that Siete pushes out of his wet food dish. Saves so much time cleaning!

siete's dish.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My cat does this to me too. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wow. :( Cats should be eating food that is at least 50% protein, and they should not be eating corn at all. What do you mean "dry feed"? What sort of dry feed, and is it made for cats?
seriously? you don't know what 'dry feed' is? :) Kibble?

actually i mis- typed, there is no corn or any grain

its this expensive stuff and they are lucky they get it

what do you feed yours, prime rib? :)

https://www.chewy.com/blue-buffalo-...MI_cSmiK723wIVBIbICh1WsA0SEAYYByABEgJCEfD_BwE

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
We have a new family member. Her name is Osiris.

Kitty.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We have a new family member. Her name is Osiris.

View attachment 35082

She is either a Maine Coon or a Norwegian Forest Cat. I am betting on the Forest Cat. Those distinctive ears, the length of the fur and the shape of her head is a dead giveaway! She is so beautiful. :) Can you show us her tail? I am guessing it is fluffy like the hair on her side. Do you know her breed or is she a rescue?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is what the Norweigan Forest Cat looks like grown up:

norwegian_forest_cat_01352.jpg

These cats do not get quite as large as the Maine Coon, but their behaviors are almost identical. And they like water. If you start now, you can teach her to play fetch. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member