Bottlenecking High End Puters

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I see the culprit in that screenshot. It is the "SmartWebInstaller". NEVER use download managers to download software. If the site you are downloading from insists that you use one, find the file elsewhere.
You bet!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Trust me . I sure as hell did not want that to download anything for me . I always keep searching . That smart web installer did whatever it did on its own but probly on one of the sites that I was searching for mods . There are litterally 100's of gigabytes of add ons for sim games but to find the right ones is a challenge to say the least ...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Woke up this morning and I finally remembered how I got all those malwares and viruses . It was a download page I visited and all these popups started and I think when I was closing them or trying to , they just tagged along with my downloads ... A lot of mod sites have lots of popups usually but not always . Once they start , it's real hard to shut them down .

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Woke up this morning and I finally remembered how I got all those malwares and viruses . It was a download page I visited and all these popups started and I think when I was closing them or trying to , they just tagged along with my downloads ... A lot of mod sites have lots of popups usually but not always . Once they start , it's real hard to shut them down .

;) ;) ;)

Download managers can install whatever the hell they want once you give them permission to install software (which you do, if you use them).