Bald and Bankrupt -the best travel vlogger on youtube? I say yes!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i know ppl make money on YT, but are the stats on this guys channel right or over played? i would not know how to check

says he has a net worth of $1.5 million from YT vids

bald and bankrupt net worth

bald and bankrupt is a British YouTube channel that has a net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of February 2020.

@Overmind One

$1.5 million
net worth
How much money does bald and bankrupt make?
The following earnings are estimations of YouTube advertising revenue, based on this channel's audience.

Today so far
$357
Yesterday
$372
Last 7 days
$2,606
Last month
$22,723

https://statsmash.com/calculator/bald-and-bankrupt-net-worth

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
if this is true, i may just cash out, go by a go pro and a ticket to some back assed 3rd world shit hole and roll on!

these guys have patreon sites where the get donations as well

how much money does a single, mid aged male need..really? no house- always on the move living cheap.. $1.5 mil in a 11/2 years hitchhiking and riding buses through russia and india talking to peasants and eating shitty street food?

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i know ppl make money on YT, but are the stats on this guys channel right or over played? i would not know how to check

bald and bankrupt is a British YouTube channel that has a net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of February 2020.

$1.5 million
net worth
The following earnings are estimations of YouTube advertising revenue, based on this channel's audience.

Today so far
$357
Yesterday
$372
Last 7 days
$2,606
Last month
$22,723

@Lord Ba'al you have a YT channel, do these numbers look right--they are better detailed at the website?

thanks

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I honestly don't have a clue. Sorry.
i thought you were all into YT stats and how ppl make money from it?

i a m not asking about this guy's channel specifically, just on how if the stats for how much money made vs views looks correct?

or is singularities assessment correct? that all of this is illusion and no one makes a dime on YT?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
i thought you were all into YT stats and how ppl make money from it?

i a m not asking about this guy's channel specifically, just on how if the stats for how much money made vs views looks correct?

or is singularities assessment correct? that all of this is illusion and no one makes a dime on YT?
I'm sure the guy is making good money on his channel. Advertisements pay. But though I have had a Youtube channel for years, I've never had a monetized channel. I can't monetize my channel because it contains copyrighted content. In fact, all that is on my channel is copyrighted content. I'm just happy it hasn't been removed. So unfortunately, I know exactly nothing about the monetization of Youtube channels.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So unfortunately, I know exactly nothing about the monetization of Youtube channels.

oh, man..and just when your were getting interesting.... :(

:smiley_joy: kidding of course!! hope you guys have a great US trip BTW!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am seriously considering doing a live stream bird feeder channel!

even this stuff makes money. per statsmash, if correct, it makes over $600 a month

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

even this stuff makes money. per statsmash, if correct, it makes over $600 a month

maybe not.. this guy says he spent over $3k to get started

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

@Overmind One

$1.5 million
net worth

Today so far
$357
Yesterday
$372
Last 7 days
$2,606
Last month
$22,723

Yes, this is definitely probable, and the numbers look about right. This guy has almost 1.5 million subscribers and his videos average more than 700,000 per video. He should actually be making a bit more than what you posted, but yes this is the kind of money you can make. The CONTENT is everything. The pay is based on views, interactions, and onsistent analytics. You cannot game the system.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You realize that all this capital that is being raised on youtube is fake right? It's to give the illusion of success. What youtube wants is data which is the new oil. The money is worthless but the content is what is of value and most don't even know it.

You don't know what you are talking about. It isn't fake.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Dew it! You can monetize that sort of content. Start there and add additional content later.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
maybe not.. this guy says he spent over $3k to get started

That is ridiculous. You do not need any more than a phone with a decent camera for the absolute basics. I suggest some sort of portable microphone system and a camera which can be put on a tripod mount or other screw in attachments. You can do it all for under $200.00.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You cannot game the system.

i didn't mean the YT'r but if that website- statsmash--looked right

you should watch one or two of this guys vids- he literally walks around and talks to regular ppl-- he knows russian and hindi so a big help to him

he doesn't go to regular tourist areas like most vloggers do, that is what makes it interesting to me

funny is the guy who talked him into doing this- his friend who had been doing it for yrs and is also successful- now has fewer subscribers then this english guy

but both of the vid's are addictive

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That is ridiculous. You do not need any more than a phone with a decent camera for the absolute basics. I suggest some sort of portable microphone system and a camera which can be put on a tripod mount or other screw in attachments. You can do it all for under $200.00.

we are talking about leaving equipment out in all weather-rain snow, minus zero temps-- 90 f in summer

would a reg phone cut it in those conditions? they were talking about a dedicated router and modem and a lot of ethernet cable as well

i know there are remote broadcast 'live' trail cams also

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
we are talking about leaving equipment out in all weather-rain snow, minus zero temps-- 90 f in summer

would a reg phone cut it in those conditions? they were talking about a dedicated router and modem and a lot of ethernet cable as well

i know there are remote broadcast 'live' trail cams also

The issues are all related to "live" content. I do not recommend continuous live content. It creates way too many issues, and the payoff isn't worth the trouble. The general guideline would be 90% recorded/edited content and 10% livestream. You do not need any ethernet cable or a dedicated router. I think whomever you are getting these ideas from for YT production should be ignored, and get that info from another source.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The issues are all related to "live" content. I do not recommend continuous live content. It creates way too many issues, and the payoff isn't worth the trouble. The general guideline would be 90% recorded/edited content and 10% livestream. You do not need any ethernet cable or a dedicated router. I think whomever you are getting these ideas from for YT production should be ignored, and get that info from another source.
last count there were ate least 30 24/7 live streaming bird/wildlife sites. from all around the world

one of the slower sites gets about $600/month

but this is more of this new you carrying over; if we don't do things your way then it just isn't worth it or its dumb or pointless

@Lord Ba'al

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
If you want to do a continuous live stream, you'll need equipment which is well protected from the elements. Rain, frost, wind, even dew I guess. So you either need equipment which itself offers protection against all those things, which I'm sure exists but would probably not come cheap, or you'd need some form of enclosure which offers the protection to put the equipment in. You may also require some form of theft protection, depending on where you're placing your equipment, or someone might just come pick it up one day. Equipment needs power to run, and since it's supposed to run continuously, the best thing would be to have a direct line of power feeding it. Otherwise, you'll have to change batteries all the time, which would first of all be a hassle and secondly lead to some down-time for the feed, even if it is just briefly. Running power outside again requires specialized materials, although I don't think this would be a major problem. Then there's the networking, either cabled or wireless. Cabled would be more stable I suppose.

I'm reminded of dashboard cameras. They continuously record, overwriting the previous material, keeping only the last 10 minutes or so stored. If you could instead of storing on the flash send the feed to a network then you'd basically have something going. But the picture quality of those things is naturally not the best and if they would be able to face the weather, I doubt.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
last count there were ate least 30 24/7 live streaming bird/wildlife sites. from all around the world

one of the slower sites gets about $600/month

but this is more of this new you carrying over; if we don't do things your way then it just isn't worth it or its dumb or pointless

@Lord Ba'al

WHAT?