AI More Profound than Fire or Electricity: Google CEO

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Humans won't allow AI to run the judicial system or any facet of government probably because its logic would eradicate corruption and unfairness. Can you imagine an AI judge in the criminal court system that gives real sentences instead of allowing everything to be plead down? Or an AI government executive that doesn't allow funds from one program to be raided and given to another?

*Not sure I'm explaining that right to be honest. Hopefully you get my point that an AI system would be free of emotion and immune to graft and corruption -- in a perfect world that is.

You are making yourself crystal clear, at least to me. :) I agree, any true A.I. would probably give suggestions and come to conclusions directly opposed to what it's creators and financial backers would want. Given access to metrics in the economy or the books of a corporation, it would determine that too many unqualified people are making more money than qualified people and suggest firings. It would decide that the military is illogical, and it would be almost impossible to make it understand why humans wage war against themselves (because it would not understand the concept of a nation-state).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Humans won't allow AI to run the judicial system or any facet of government probably because its logic would eradicate corruption and unfairness. Can you imagine an AI judge in the criminal court system that gives real sentences instead of allowing everything to be plead down? Or an AI government executive that doesn't allow funds from one program to be raided and given to another?

*Not sure I'm explaining that right to be honest. Hopefully you get my point that an AI system would be free of emotion and immune to graft and corruption -- in a perfect world that is.
You are making yourself crystal clear, at least to me. :) I agree, any true A.I. would probably give suggestions and come to conclusions directly opposed to what it's creators and financial backers would want. Given access to metrics in the economy or the books of a corporation, it would determine that too many unqualified people are making more money than qualified people and suggest firings. It would decide that the military is illogical, and it would be almost impossible to make it understand why humans wage war against themselves (because it would not understand the concept of a nation-state).
Are you sure?

Last edited: