Ahhh The Smells of SPRING !!! 1-2-3

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also have the striking hammer version which you do not require a license to use . Probably more dangerous than the gun lol . You can fire a pin out of the gun ramset !!!. Just use a heavy peice of metal that has 1/4 hole in it . Hold it up in the air like a gun and and carfully press the tip against the metal and line up the hole with the pin exit point . press and pull the trigger ,,,wham !!! . You now have a high velocity weapon to kill zombies with . Most zombies are musshy heads so you would need the steal plate to depress the gun and over ride the safety . Ok kids ,,,now that I showed you how to hurt yourselves ,,,go play in the street with your friends . Here's a nickel for listening . Now get lost punk :) :) :)

:tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::ronan_wraith::ronan_wraith::ronan_wraith:

Can I send you a list of specific streets I want your kids to hit...ewr...play on? :icon_twisted:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Revenue mostly and to curb side job Joe from taking all the business away from the legit company's that pay all there dues to the guvment to operate a HVAC company in Ontario Canada .

You still see huge amounts of unmarked white vans or trucks all over the city with Refrigerant gauges hanging in the back window of there van lol

I understand the need for a basic bldg code for general safety, etc. But some of the rules and codes seem a bit too much-it happens in many places in the US as well.

Now remember, as I said, my knowledge of the situation up there comes solely from the likes of Mike Holmes and Bryan Baumler, et al, on the DiY channel (why are so many do it yourself shows filmed in Canada anyhow? anyways--) BUT

It seems to me that such a restrictive code and licences only generates MORE underhanded, shady "contractors"

Why? I assume that one pays for the pleasure of having a fully licensed and permitted contractor-yes? So doesn't that make the situation ripe for the shady guy to say "Hey, I don't have all of that govt stuff so I can do the job for less"

Down here, in my part of PA-contractors have a state license and the building permits are fairly lenient (except for schools, hospitals, nursing homes, etc)-without the need to get so many inspections and permits the playing field is a bit evener and less costly since the builders do not have to spend so much time and money before ever getting to a job (acquiring permission to use certain tools,etc)

They all do good work because they want to be called again or referred, not just because the gov't is making them

---------------

Just curious, what is the general opinion of guys like Baumler and Mike Holmes up there? They are both Toronto area based right? (Hey do you know them? :smiley-laughing021:) Are their companies as big and popular as their shows would suggest?
THX

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I understand the need for a basic bldg code for general safety, etc. But some of the rules and codes seem a bit too much-it happens in many places in the US as well.

Now remember, as I said, my knowledge of the situation up there comes solely from the likes of Mike Holmes and Bryan Baumler, et al, on the DiY channel (why are so many do it yourself shows filmed in Canada anyhow? anyways--) BUT

It seems to me that such a restrictive code and licences only generates MORE underhanded, shady "contractors"

Why? I assume that one pays for the pleasure of having a fully licensed and permitted contractor-yes? So doesn't that make the situation ripe for the shady guy to say "Hey, I don't have all of that govt stuff so I can do the job for less"

Down here, in my part of PA-contractors have a state license and the building permits are fairly lenient (except for schools, hospitals, nursing homes, etc)-without the need to get so many inspections and permits the playing field is a bit evener and less costly since the builders do not have to spend so much time and money before ever getting to a job (acquiring permission to use certain tools,etc)

They all do good work because they want to be called again or referred, not just because the gov't is making them

---------------

Just curious, what is the general opinion of guys like Baumler and Mike Holmes up there? They are both Toronto area based right? (Hey do you know them? :smiley-laughing021:) Are their companies as big and popular as their shows would suggest?
THX

To be honest I don't watch the show because that coverall thing he wears for some reason bugs the hell out of me as I see other contractors doing the same thing and trying to feel all tv e ish lol . The contractors that he uses are top rate and very skilled workers as I have met a few of them . I have not met holmes or Baumler . Now that I am retired and doing a little bit of work at home , maybe I should start watching . Of course I had lot's of experience with custom homes and renos being the HVAC guy on some very cool homes . The Tannenbaums ( Warren Paving ) , The Thomsons ( News Paper Moguls ), The Eatons , The Swartz( Purolater ) , The Reismens ( She owns Office Depot ) and a few others . I was the top in my field also for figuring out some nasty screw ups by designers and making it work and I was a picky basturd for wanting to make my installations look neat . Sad thing is that most of my work is behind drywall and no one see's it . That's why alot of installers don't give a crap about there duct installations . I did and it had me lock horns with more than one boss lol but the customer always supported me so I kept my job lol !!! . I received a very nice compliment form the top Engineer for the City Of Toronto . He always told me that he had never seen nicer installations than mine . I was very flattered by his comment . He was the guy that designed a way to make chillers quite on building roof tops as they can be huge and quite loud and were reverberating through the whole building . Very smart man .
Any way if you watched our local news here on Friday you would have seen a story on an engineer that told a contractor that they were doing there under pinning incorrectly . 6 hrs after everyone left and late at night , the whole back of the house fell down . That;s why they need permits here . The engineer caught them doing something wrong and told them to stop and shore it up . They shored it up incorrectly obviously . They are in huge poop now . Lot's of fly by nighters here trying to make a fast buck up here from what I see . Lot's of people have been hosed by giving contractors a up front payment , They do a bit of work and never come back . I thinks that is one of many reason for permits in TO .

Last edited: