VW Screwed

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Dude, I gotta ask you. Why do you continue to drive a car you hate and use a phone you want to smash through the pavement? When I hate something, I get rid of it. :icon_lol:

Well it all comes down to cost . If I got rid of the car I would loose $12,000 so I have to keep making $300 a month payments until it gets to a reasonable selling price and from what I have seen would be as low as $13,000/20,000 miles for a car I paid $26,000 for less than 2 years later . I have to keep the shitbox or loose that much cash . The phone cost me $500 and it still works mostly . We don't get great deals on phones ,cell service , cars ,internet ,insurance,fuel,electricity,natural gas,food . I live in one of the most expensive city's in the world were houses now start at $700,000 . Ontario gets charged higher cost for house/car/bike insurance than anywhere else on the planet .
If I had a good income I would get rid of the car and take the loss but I don't so I have to live with this friggin POS . Same goes with the phone . I can't afford to get a new phone right now . I am retired and on a fixed income .
So now your thinking , why don't I just move . Well I can't . My son has a disability and Toronto is the only place for him to survive after I am dead and gone . It has the most programs and support compared to other city's . My daughter works in the Movie Industry and Toronto is Hollywood north so she has a better chance here and even so is having a tough go of it .
Trust me . If I could dump that car and get a decent price for it , it would be gone ... I am stuck with the f@#kin pos for now . I'm just waiting for the f@#kin phone to break so I can get an android or something but definitely not another apple product .

;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well it all comes down to cost . If I got rid of the car I would loose $12,000 so I have to keep making $300 a month payments until it gets to a reasonable selling price and from what I have seen would be as low as $13,000/20,000 miles for a car I paid $26,000 for less than 2 years later . I have to keep the shitbox or loose that much cash . The phone cost me $500 and it still works mostly . We don't get great deals on phones ,cell service , cars ,internet ,insurance,fuel,electricity,natural gas,food . I live in one of the most expensive city's in the world were houses now start at $700,000 . Ontario gets charged higher cost for house/car/bike insurance than anywhere else on the planet .
If I had a good income I would get rid of the car and take the loss but I don't so I have to live with this friggin POS . Same goes with the phone . I can't afford to get a new phone right now . I am retired and on a fixed income .
So now your thinking , why don't I just move . Well I can't . My son has a disability and Toronto is the only place for him to survive after I am dead and gone . It has the most programs and support compared to other city's . My daughter works in the Movie Industry and Toronto is Hollywood north so she has a better chance here and even so is having a tough go of it .
Trust me . If I could dump that car and get a decent price for it , it would be gone ... I am stuck with the f@#kin pos for now . I'm just waiting for the f@#kin phone to break so I can get an android or something but definitely not another apple product .

;) ;) ;)

I can see your dilemma. Might I suggest that you start shopping NOW for your next vehicle, and don't restrict your choices to only new vehicles. Maximize the warranty coverage on your current car so that it is in good shape when you sell it. Put it up for sale at the price you WANT to get without regard to what the market says it's worth, and you have plenty of time for people to respond (or not). You might get lucky. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My wife and daughter don't seem to give a shit that I want to sell it and they have banged up all four corners and the inside is a complete pig pen . I rarely drive it as I have my bike but winter has returned and I have to sit my ass back in that death trap shitbox to drive my son to hockey practice . So I estimate a $1000 in repaints of each corner and another $500 in detail so it is at least sell-able . . So there’s a big loss right there . The friggin car is so low that if your not careful the body will scrape stuff as my family has done . Speed bumps even . In the winter I found multiple times that I could not turn the steering wheel because of ice buildup in the fenders . There's no room under there for snow to build up so you have to chop it out ...WTF eh . The ( did they ever drive this car before selling it to people? ) list keeps growing and growing with this pos ...
Have I stated how much I hate this thing yet lol ...

My next car will be an F150 ... Used of course as they cost more than $40,000 new ... I'm looking at $15,000 to $18,000 to spend . I will need to dip into my savings to do this ...

I'll probably put it on the blocks for sale this spring ...

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Whether people want to admit this to or not, or call this anti-corporate blah, blah, blah...but these corporation will cheat the system until they get caught red handed but they'll find another way to cheat the system that's more fail proof.

Another fact is that 100% of corporations are fraudsters and the men in suits that run these companies are thieves/fraudsters. Having done accounting, I know first hand that the entire industry is filled with people trying to scam the tax department.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
My wife and daughter don't seem to give a shit that I want to sell it and they have banged up all four corners and the inside is a complete pig pen . I rarely drive it as I have my bike but winter has returned and I have to sit my ass back in that death trap shitbox to drive my son to hockey practice . So I estimate a $1000 in repaints of each corner and another $500 in detail so it is at least sell-able . . So there’s a big loss right there . The friggin car is so low that if your not careful the body will scrape stuff as my family has done . Speed bumps even . In the winter I found multiple times that I could not turn the steering wheel because of ice buildup in the fenders . There's no room under there for snow to build up so you have to chop it out ...WTF eh . The ( did they ever drive this car before selling it to people? ) list keeps growing and growing with this pos ...
Have I stated how much I hate this thing yet lol ...

My next car will be an F150 ... Used of course as they cost more than $40,000 new ... I'm looking at $15,000 to $18,000 to spend . I will need to dip into my savings to do this ...

I'll probably put it on the blocks for sale this spring ...
I don't know how people can even buy new cars. They cost an arm and a leg from the start.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I don't know how people can even buy new cars. They cost an arm and a leg from the start.

Although I agree with you, an argument for buying a new car is that you know 100% of the car's sale and use history. When buying a used car, you have no idea if the previous owner was jumping ravines with it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Although I agree with you, an argument for buying a new car is that you know 100% of the car's sale and use history. When buying a used car, you have no idea if the previous owner was jumping ravines with it.

What I see out there is that there just are not too many new vehicles with super high build quality. Not even in the luxury segment! But many of the trucks and truck-based SUVs have it (because of their intended use). Some sad little cars feel like a wreck even though they are brand new.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What I see out there is that there just are not too many new vehicles with super high build quality. Not even in the luxury segment! But many of the trucks and truck-based SUVs have it (because of their intended use). Some sad little cars feel like a wreck even though they are brand new.
Why do you think Toyota's are the Ute of choice for ISIS? :lol:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

Oh I agree 100% on used cars but from what I read on reviews and car complaints and other websites , the V8 version of the F150 from the years 2010 to now are getting good economy and endurance . Minor call backs or flaws . On the other hand the ECO Boost twin turbo V6 is a piece of crap in the trucks yet works great in Ford cars . I've wanted a truck for the last 30 years of my life and I am just dam well gonna get one lol ... Done with puny little fuel efficient cars . On that note the F150 gets the same gas mileage as the hungdie elantrash pos gt on the highway ...

And like you say , you don't know if the previous dink was flyin over curbs or driving through swamps but hopefully I will be lucky and end up with a decent truck . Mechanical fitness will be more important than a few dings here and there . Most people that drive 4X4's never take them off road ever . The nice think about a truck is I can crawl under it easily to look over the drive train and look for signs of leakage from transmission seals, u joints , bearings , engine oilpan , front nuckle boots , radiator .
This is the year I am mostly looking at as it has the newer more powerful engine that is taken from the Mustang 5 litre . Solid strong motor .
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-ford-f-150-xlt-supercrew-4x4-50-v8-review
Spring time comes , car will be on the get the f#$k out of my life websites ...

;) ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
All of the Porsche models have gasoline engines.

True, and that is why it makes no sense. The Porsche and Audi buyer is not buying their car because it gets good gas mileage. They are buying it for a variety of other reasons or they would simply have bought VWs (most of the Audi models have a counterpart at VW sharing the chassis and many parts). I have not read the article, but I believe this has a lot to do with the way US (and European) emissions laws change the prices of their cars, or makes them look on paper.

VW cannot survive this. They will have to go on the block or be dissolved. Any predictions? I think they will not be able to get out of this. Even if forgiven in Germany, they may not be forgiven by the rest of the EU countries, and the EPA could concievably put an embargo on all VW automobiles, including their other brands. I wonder if Bentley was involved too?

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Woe !!! Check out this elantrash complaint ! Holy shit !!!
Is hungdie serious ? Is the dealership insane ??? This friggin car should not be on the road !

I have a 2013 Elantra coupe and have had a creaking noise since about 12000km in the back of the car. Hyundai has finally told me what the problem is which took several months of me complaining about it and 14000km later. Hyundai now has told me that they need to weld yes that's right weld two panells in the back about six to eight inches long on both sides. The dealer told me that the noises I'm hearing are the back of the car flexxing. This noise gets worse the colder it gets. I have even noticed two dents in the trunk in basically the same spot on each side. The dealership is in a real hurry for me to get this fixed this is going to take two days to fix this really makes me feel uneasy about the safety of this car. I think I will be making a few calls for an investigation and possibly just dropping the car off at the dealership and walk away. This is just one complaint of many with this piece of s+>:t.

- dwaineontario, Bowmanville, Ontario, canada

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Dude, I gotta ask you. Why do you continue to drive a car you hate and use a phone you want to smash through the pavement? When I hate something, I get rid of it. :icon_lol:

Oh, Mr Trump! I wasn't aware you were a member here?!
:smiley-laughing021:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Are there any mechanics on this forum ? I now have raw gas odour coming inside the car . 42,000 klms/26,000 miles . Both my wife and I could smell it . I had filled the car a week earlier so it was not a fill spill . I went on the hyundie forums and they are saying I have to pull the plugs , regap them and put them back in . ! That makes no sense to me . Why are they not gapped correctly from the factory ? Why should I as a customer have to crawl under my hood and pull the plugs out to see if there gapped correctly . How would spark plug gap create a raw fuel smell ? Would not the techincian see that when he hooks into the diagnostic and later give me a friggin bill for $400 having done who the hell knows what ? Should the diagnostic not tell him the car is running rich or lean ? F%#k I hate this car . Every month iit's something new . It would not start the other day . I turned the key and nothing . Not even a light on the dash . Tried 4 times and still nothing so I took the key out , opened the drivers door , stuck the key back in , closed the door and then it started . WTF eh ! This gas smell thing has me parking it farther from my house . I hope it melts itself into a puddle ... ... ... Also a few times after it has started , it stalls right away . Hearing really bad things about this specific engine in general . 1.8 litre .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are there any mechanics on this forum ? I now have raw gas odour coming inside the car . 42,000 klms/26,000 miles . Both my wife and I could smell it . I had filled the car a week earlier so it was not a fill spill . I went on the hyundie forums and they are saying I have to pull the plugs , regap them and put them back in . ! That makes no sense to me . Why are they not gapped correctly from the factory ? Why should I as a customer have to crawl under my hood and pull the plugs out to see if there gapped correctly . How would spark plug gap create a raw fuel smell ? Would not the techincian see that when he hooks into the diagnostic and later give me a friggin bill for $400 having done who the hell knows what ? Should the diagnostic not tell him the car is running rich or lean ? F%#k I hate this car . Every month iit's something new . It would not start the other day . I turned the key and nothing . Not even a light on the dash . Tried 4 times and still nothing so I took the key out , opened the drivers door , stuck the key back in , closed the door and then it started . WTF eh ! This gas smell thing has me parking it farther from my house . I hope it melts itself into a puddle ... ... ... Also a few times after it has started , it stalls right away . Hearing really bad things about this specific engine in general . 1.8 litre .

I know it sounds simple and may not be the problem, but check the seals around your filler cap and made sure it is intact and the cap is all the way screwed on. I smelled gas inside my car, and I checked everywhere I could think of, include behind the filler door. But not the filler cap. The seal had broken. Fixed that and the smell went away. If not simple, then you are literally taking a risk for your life by driving that car. Gasoline is not friendly. It exists to be burned. Write a letter to the company and to your dealer to mention the problem and force them to record your communications (for the record). Maybe there will be a class action suit?