The Walking Dead S6 thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I also liked the Dave Allen Show, but I confess to liking Monty Python a lot.

As to the two videos both have the Benny Hill music but mine also has a laugh track.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also liked the Dave Allen Show, but I confess to liking Monty Python a lot.

As to the two videos both have the Benny Hill music but mine also has a laugh track.

I loved Monty Python too (still do :)). But Benny to me was more of a regular personality you could get to know, like Carol Burnett or Rodney Dangerfield.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I just found out that the latest episode of TWD takes place two months after the previous one where they wiped out all the zombies in Alexandria. Now, I might have missed them mention this during the episode but I honestly don't recall them letting us know the story had advanced two months. This may not seem like too big of a deal but it was really confusing to see Rick's girlfriend and her family get munched and then the next we see of Rick he's playing house with Michonne.

Couple other issues: How is it that Diana, who got munched by a hoard of zeds in a small room in the house, is now a fully intact zombie walking around far out in the woods outside of Alexandria?

And why the hell did Rick and Daryl ditch the perfectly good car they were driving to both climb into the truck they found? Are they really that stupid that they couldn't figure out that one person could drive the truck and the other could drive the car? Seriously??? :rolleye0014:

Okay, okay I know! I shouldn't try to analyze this show. That way leads to headaches and madness.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I did not see the VERY start, so perhaps someone said "two months later"?

As to Deanna, we don't see her munched so maybe she slammed the door in their faces then died in the room.

The Rick and Daryl comedy hour is unexplainable. Really why keep exploring? They found a truckload of food - just go straight home. For that matter, what ever happened to CB radios? Have one in the Safe
Zone and whenever they go out put one in the car - or is that too logical?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Even if Deanna died in the room with the door closed that doesn't explain how she managed to open the door, get downstairs and walk out into the woods surrounding Alexandria. At best wouldn't she have been given "mercy" during Rick's berserker attack on the zeds outside? I mean, why would she leave the area when there is a raging fire to draw her attention along with Rick and crew thrashing about wildly in the vicinity?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, you know how it is...Deanna was curious about the outside world so she ignored the fracas and went out exploring... :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, you know how it is...Deanna was curious about the outside world so she ignored the fracas and went out exploring... :D

Sometimes, a zombie gal just needs to take a walk in the woods to clear her head ala Thoreau. ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just found out that the latest episode of TWD takes place two months after the previous one

i had it dvr'd and i thought that something was up

the place was clean-nom assive amounts of dead walkers around

Coral was nicely recovered and it seemed that everyone was pretty much over losing so many ppl

and the whole thing with Rick taking the time to get cleaned up, put on a watch and ring-and the pic of Coral and his sister-all indicated that some time had passed

so i rewound it to the commercial before the start of the show, and, there was no "2 months later" or any other time indicator posted

but with a show as pop. as this one, TPTB's can seemingly get away with whatever they want

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Even if Deanna died in the room with the door closed that doesn't explain how she managed to open the door, get downstairs and walk out into the woods surrounding Alexandria. At best wouldn't she have been given "mercy" during Rick's berserker attack on the zeds outside? I mean, why would she leave the area when there is a raging fire to draw her attention along with Rick and crew thrashing about wildly in the vicinity?

just like we were supposed to just get the time jump, I think that we supposed to also get that Deanna's son somehow took her out to her favorite spot in the Pines...where she willingly awaited her loving son's daily visits

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I gather next week we are introduced to another walled town and also learn about the Saviors. Maybe it will be better than this last nonsensical installment. And maybe they will answer what exactly Michonne sees in Rick - maybe it is that the only sensible, level headed man in the group (Glenn) is taken?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I gather next week we are introduced to another walled town and also learn about the Saviors. Maybe it will be better than this last nonsensical installment. And maybe they will answer what exactly Michonne sees in Rick - maybe it is that the only sensible, level headed man in the group (Glenn) is taken?

I'm surprised they didn't ship her with Daryl. In the comic do they ship her and Rick?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nope, she eventually shipped with an as yet unintroduced character named Ezekiel. Rick was shipped with Andrea (who is still alive in the comics and an ace sharpshooter and also Mrs. Rick).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, this silliness goes back to Romero zombie films (especially the laughable "Land of the Dead") where he had zombies walking on the bottom of the Allegheny River.

Little factoid - humans generally float absent having additional weights on their bodies. Dead bodies float all the more because the gases of decomposition increase buoyancy. Z Nation actually depicted this the best when they had a river clogged up in places by bunches of zombies that had drifted downriver with the current and got caught on obstacles.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
they made it "official"-walkers can just walk through water!! These things have little energy and they are trying to tell us that they can walk against a current or even through still but deep water?!

you ever tried that? it can be difficult for a living person!

just more bullshit

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-walking-dead-can-zombies-swim-2016-2

Oh my. Really? How is it they decide where to go when they are underwater? Do they munch fish too? Next up....zeds can play the piano, tap dance and bake cookies too (dead flesh cookies?)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Weird episode.

On the one hand it did not have the utter stupidity of the Rick and Daryl show last week. On the other hand it had Abraham engaging in some outright creepy discussions with Rosita and Glenn.

The pacing was okay, and we got introduced to the Hilltop Colony, which (no doubt to save money) seems smaller on TV than in the comics where it has over 200 residents. Their leader Gregory is basically an idiot - on the other hand it gave Maggie an opportunity to shine as she negotiated with him very tough.

I'm not sure what to make of this episode. Not a lot of navel gazing, but on the other hand a fair amount of the dialog was just weird. Was it terrible? No. Was it really good? Also no.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You're right, the dialogue was weird. And Gregory was just plain bizarre. As for Abe, I don't really give a shit about his woman problems in the PAW (post apocalypse world). His biggest problem seems to be having too much tail to deal with. Boo hoo. :rolleye0014:

At any rate, the pacing of the episode was okay and there was movement in the story. I found it more watchable than the dreck they served up last week, that's for sure. Plus now I get to anticipate the utter stupidity that Rick will lead his congregation into with Nagan. Can't wait to see that farce unfold. :anim_59:

*I'm sure Glenn will buy the farm at Nagan's hands and then Maggie will blame Rick and then wailing and gnashing of teeth will ensue. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.