The Walking Dead S6 thread

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They were attracted to the noise and flickering light (at night). That trope goes back to Romero's Land of the Dead.

I'm still skeptical but at least they had the sense to speed the pace up (for now) and actually have them be true to the comic and fight and defeat the super herd.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
oh!
we get all consternated when it is lilly while family that gets munched, but hardly a tear shed when so many Token B Esquires were killed! :)

I don't think shaved was being color focused. He was just curious as to why after they spent significant airtime setting Jessie up as Rick's new romantic lead they just killed them all off in 5 minutes.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
oh!
we get all consternated when it is lilly while family that gets munched, but hardly a tear shed when so many Token B Esquires were killed! :)

Actually, I was doing my best to hide my glee at having the annoying kid and the rest of his idiot family munched. It's rare -- oh so rare -- to actually get what one wants from this show so I probably should be more grateful. But hey, it won't take long for the writers to screw things up again.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't think shaved was being color focused. He was just curious as to why after they spent significant airtime setting Jessie up as Rick's new romantic lead they just killed them all off in 5 minutes.

just following up with the line that BLUCE had going on all the "tokens" in the series

it was just a bit of sarcasm

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So much for them having two good episodes in a row......this one should have had a laugh track in it.

Basically it was a couple of silly side stories coupled with the misadventures of Rick and Daryl. They went out scavenging for supplies, find an entire truck filled with what they need and proceed to lose the truck because they are just too stupid to drive the truck directly back to Alexandria. And this silliness was even set to some wildly inappropriate trucker music.

Meanwhile Carl (with his eyepatch) and Enid go wandering in the woods for no apparent reason. So do Michonne and Deanna's son, but at least there he was looking for Walker Deanna so he could dispatch her. Oh, and they shipped Rick and Michonne.

On the good side, there wasn't a lot of navel gazing. Plus they introduced a new character who in the comics is important because he is actually a scout for another fortified town called The Hilltop. Other than that a complete piece of filler.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh my goodness, I'm stupider for having watched this latest episode. I've seen more competence on a Benny Hill show compared to Daryl and Rick.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It also occurred to me that I, and everyone else who suggested that they build a fire to deal with the walkers in the quarry was right. They used fire to distract a ton of walkers in the opener last week so why didn't they drop a bunch of combustible material over the cliff into the quarry and then set it on fire? It would have worked the same. Over the course of a day or two they could have drastically cut down on the walkers trapped in the quarry.

But, hey, why do things the easy way when St. Rick is in charge? :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's like I said, the episode could have used a laugh track. It's really weird because the pacing while slower wasn't terrible and there wasn't excessive angst. It just played like a stupid "road" comedy and that right on the heels of last week's episode which is one of the best in the series.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It also occurred to me that I, and everyone else who suggested that they build a fire to deal with the walkers in the quarry was right. They used fire to distract a ton of walkers in the opener last week so why didn't they drop a bunch of combustible material over the cliff into the quarry and then set it on fire? It would have worked the same. Over the course of a day or two they could have drastically cut down on the walkers trapped in the quarry.

But, hey, why do things the easy way when St. Rick is in charge? :rolleye0014:

Yep! Remember when we suggested they just dynamite the road leading out of the quarry? All they had to do then was pour gasoline down the sides and light it and voila!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So much for them having two good episodes in a row......this one should have had a laugh track in it.

Basically it was a couple of silly side stories coupled with the misadventures of Rick and Daryl. They went out scavenging for supplies, find an entire truck filled with what they need and proceed to lose the truck because they are just too stupid to drive the truck directly back to Alexandria. And this silliness was even set to some wildly inappropriate trucker music.

Meanwhile Carl (with his eyepatch) and Enid go wandering in the woods for no apparent reason. So do Michonne and Deanna's son, but at least there he was looking for Walker Deanna so he could dispatch her. Oh, and they shipped Rick and Michonne.

On the good side, there wasn't a lot of navel gazing. Plus they introduced a new character who in the comics is important because he is actually a scout for another fortified town called The Hilltop. Other than that a complete piece of filler.

Wait...so Coral now wears an eyepatch? They have turned him into the regular little outlaw, eh? Lori would have been proud. :) How do they keep this show going?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Wait...so Coral now wears an eyepatch? They have turned him into the regular little outlaw, eh? Lori would have been proud. :) How do they keep this show going?

Yep, he lost his right eye last week in the big "fight the walkers" episode. Hit in the face at an angle by a bullet.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
And, as JL pointed out, Rick and Michonne are now being shipped. For the life of me I can't figure out why the writers think she would be into him. It makes no sense. She's competent, sane and strong while he is anything but.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And, as JL pointed out, Rick and Michonne are now being shipped. For the life of me I can't figure out why the writers think she would be into him. It makes no sense. She's competent, sane and strong while he is anything but.

From what I saw with Michonne, it seems she would go for Daryl before Rick.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Have you noticed we now have a new "Rick"? This is "upbeat and almost friendly Rick" as opposed to "weepy shemale Rick" and "murderous psychopath Rick".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have you noticed we now have a new "Rick"? This is "upbeat and almost friendly Rick" as opposed to "weepy shemale Rick" and "murderous psychopath Rick".

:icon_rotflmao::daniel_new_anime021::shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing024:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

"Bipolar Rick". Now that he has gotten more than half of Alexandria killed off he's on an elated high. He's even singing along to bad country tunes in the car, go figure.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
While I'd like to think that he is that way because the Alexandrians and the Grimes gang actually teamed up and wiped out a giant herd of walkers and saved the town, who knows why he's really happy? Maybe because Carl lost an eye and he got to chop of Jessie's hand with a hatchet?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
While I'd like to think that he is that way because the Alexandrians and the Grimes gang actually teamed up and wiped out a giant herd of walkers and saved the town, who knows why he's really happy? Maybe because Carl lost an eye and he got to chop of Jessie's hand with a hatchet?

In all seriousness it's just bad writing. His mood swings make no sense. Not that I want him to always be "Weepy Rick" but in this instance they gave us nothing when it came to explaining why he's suddenly so elated with life. There was no transition period; someone just flipped a switch and Rick was Mr. Happy. :rolleye0014:

His innate stupidity remained intact though as evinced by the Keystone Cops sequence with him, Daryl and Jesus later.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember what I said about a laugh track?