THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
@Overmind One @Joelist @Lord Ba'al ( i know you said you dont know that much about SW's but i didn't want you to feel left out :) )

Have I missed something in ALL OF MY VIEWINGS of EP1 2 and 3 in the original and updated versions? When i watched ep 1 12 times back to back in the summer of 1977 as a kid and since,,, did i just never "get this"?

what is "this"?

ok. in reading others posts on YT and a FB sw's group on BBF finale, some had been speculating that Luke would come to Tatooine to help save the day

others then posted things like:

"well that could get dicey, when he meets Boba"

my reply "you mean because of their fight on Jabba's skiff?"

ans" yeah that and if Luke has found out or can read Boba's thoughts on how he killed Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen"

me "that is not who killed them, storm troopers killed them"

ans "we never saw who killed them and why would darth vader order his men to kill his own family?"

me: "right.. so why would he hire Boba to kill them then?"

ans: "he didn't Boba was looking for the droids and just tracked them there and just killed them because he is a bad ass and killed anyone who got in his way"

me: "what are you basing this on"

another person: "In EMPIRE Darth Vader told Boba no disintegrations, thats what he was talking about- how Boba fried his aunt and uncle"

Ok.. so... have i just been totally wrong this whole time? At least on that FB group I was getting swamped as being the one who was wrong

i can see many of the members are younger-- is this a generational thing? their SW's were the pre-quels and the Anakin they know they think would not have killed his aunt and uncle so therefore, he would not have been the one to order or allow their killing later either?
I think if Boba Fett killed Darth Vader's family, Darth Vader would not be remarking to Boba Fett that he doesn't want any disintegrations. I think Darth Vader would have force choked Boba Fett to death and gotten himself another toy puppet.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Because it links Boba Fett to the mid movie trilogy where it gives a bit of back story, like Jango being a bounty hunter from which all storm troopers were cloned, and Boba being an unaltered clone of Jango.
but SWs fans know the story--so these flashback were pointless if not to bring a new element-- otherwise they were just 'Memberberries'

and they were clone troopers :)
Except he did not work for Vader until Empire and then it was not Vader specifically hiring Boba - Vader put out a general contract on the Millennium Falcon and Boba was one of a score of Bounty Hunters who responded. Once he caught Han the contract was fulfilled, and then he turned Han over to Jabba thus fulfilling that contract which was out there from Original Star Wars.
i know.. but not how these "kids" are seeing it- obvious to me now. the unintended consequences of Lucas retouching the originals

like how he made Han look less of a bad guy - in the Original he shot Greedo first, the re-edit made Greedo shoot first and Han react

oh, and, this guys "SW's iceberg' video popped in my YT feed" the Boba killed aunt and uncle is in it as well

linked in at that point

View: https://youtu.be/QULAFTwul3M?t=206

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
but SWs fans know the story--so these flashback were pointless if not to bring a new element-- otherwise they were just 'Memberberries'
No, they are not pointless memberberries, because your conclusion is based upon the premise that everyone who watches this show is a Star Wars fan, while in reality there could be any number of people who have never seen any of Star Wars before but are subscribed to Disney+ and are giving the show a try because they are intrigued. If you had never seen any of Star Wars before, then that scene might seem of more value to you.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, they are not pointless memberberries, because your conclusion is based upon the premise that everyone who watches this show is a Star Wars fan, while in reality there could be any number of people who have never seen any of Star Wars before but are subscribed to Disney+ and are giving the show a try because they are intrigued. If you had never seen any of Star Wars before, then that scene might seem of more value to you.
yes, what i said

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Seems like season 2 is a go and Samuel L. Jackson will be in it. At least, according to the trusted source of Giant Freaking Robot.

Well, I guess good news? Still not a fan of S1 BUT I hope TPTB's listen to the feedback to some extent from fans/critics on S1 and refocus on making S2 better / more like Mandalorian in style, substance, etc

Jackson only means return of Mace of course, something that has been teased for years. No reason why it couldn't be in real time and not flashbacks

giantfreakingrobot hasn't learned that in SW's not seeing the body means not dead? :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm ambivalent. Season One had good points, such as taking the time to really develop Boba Fett as a character - also the two Mando episodes inserted were good ones. But the ending was not done well and there were some characters they could have done without (like the cyber bikers) because they caused the show to have issues maintaining a consistent tone.

A Season 2? If they fix the issues it might be worthwhile.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm ambivalent. Season One had good points, such as taking the time to really develop Boba Fett as a character - also the two Mando episodes inserted were good ones. But the ending was not done well and there were some characters they could have done without (like the cyber bikers) because they caused the show to have issues maintaining a consistent tone.

A Season 2? If they fix the issues it might be worthwhile.
I Agree

those bikers.. here's to hoping in S2 they take up moisture farming or something...

looking forward to everything else this yr

Kenobi
Andor
Ahsoka- maybe this year
Bad Batch S2
Mandalorian S3