Tesla/Space x

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This is something that gets rarely discussed but Space X faced 2 years and 3 months of failure before they saw the first ever successful landing of the rockets.

This is the harsh reality. It comes down to a lot of failures and heart breaks

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
All the more reason to applaud them for sticking with it and advancing space faring technology.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I was doing a contract job JPL the same day that the t-shirts and baseball caps arrived for the Mars Phoenix mission crew. They were tri-color, and the order was almost $3000. Not to mention the company who created a model of the Phoenix lander for the lobby for $10,000. 9/10 of the crew were fat middle aged white guys who smelled of onions and cigarettes and who did not seem particularly bright. Where were the young people and the females and the diversity? Certainly, there was a variety of selections that could have been made.

Word to the wise: NEVER go to the target of criticism to get an objective opinion. Why should I listen to a guy working for NASA to get advice on how to handle them? The public being against NASA is directly connected to this guy's job.
Because it has to be someone behind the camera. I agree that there is some wastage but wastage is everywhere.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So here is more reassurance of my conspiracy theory. It looks like Elon might be building a rocket ship after all to escape to Mars because WW3 will happen because of AI.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/9-m...on-musk-said-about-robots-and-ai-in-2017.html

This is becoming an obsession with you. :confused0006:

Human destruction by a rogue A.I. = NOT POSSIBLE.

NOT POSSIBLE. It is NEVER going to happen. Only in the movies, bro. :) I love Elon Musk, but even he has his quirks. All brilliant minds do. A true A.I. would see any of these Mars bound folks and all of the 1% as flaws in Humanity.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This is becoming an obsession with you. :confused0006:

Human destruction by a rogue A.I. = NOT POSSIBLE.

NOT POSSIBLE. It is NEVER going to happen. Only in the movies, bro. :) I love Elon Musk, but even he has his quirks. All brilliant minds do. A true A.I. would see any of these Mars bound folks and all of the 1% as flaws in Humanity.
I am more intrigued than obsessed lol. I love AI and I want to know where this is going to take humanity. Yes it does paint a dystopian future, but this is how I feel the reason for Elon musk and why he is in such a hurry to do these things. In the process it may all sound good, but this guy obviously wants to be around before WW3 comes. Don't get me wrong, I think Elon is an amazing dude. Smart and intelligent, but there has to be a commercial interest behind this venture. To me this looks like he wants to have an escape pod and turn mars into earth 2.0. Don't believe me? What about from the man himself?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
He has said many times that it would be prudent for humanity to become a multi planetary species in order to avoid extinction in case of a catastrophy on earth. Whether the cause is AI causing WWIII or a comet planning a trip straight through our planet seems beside the point. Of course, if the sun explodes then it won't matter whether we're here or on Mars.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
He has said many times that it would be prudent for humanity to become a multi planetary species in order to avoid extinction in case of a catastrophy on earth. Whether the cause is AI causing WWIII or a comet planning a trip straight through our planet seems beside the point. Of course, if the sun explodes then it won't matter whether we're here or on Mars.
When the Sun does go red giant(Can't go super nova since the size is too small), it might engulf Mars in the process but even if we were to dodge that, we cannot escape the gamma ray burst from the radiation spectrum given from Light. You would need to live as far as where jupiter is in Europea

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The darkside and the price we pay for electrical cars...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-electric-car-cobalt-battery-20180222-story.html

Hopefully AI/Robots will stop this exploitation but I want all manufacturers be a little more transparent as to where they get their cobalt from or stop it all together.

We discussed this aspect of electric cars and lithium mining here:

http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/global-warming-fraud.27717/page-5#post-905018

There is always a need for balance and that is what is wrong with just about all of our "modern" systems.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I dunno....I think that many regular truckers are going to attack these drone trucks if they are starting to be replaced by them. If the drivers are allowed to buy these rigs from Tesla, and as long as there is a law which REQUIRES a human driver to be on board, even when in auto drive mode, it could work.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I dunno....I think that many regular truckers are going to attack these drone trucks if they are starting to be replaced by them. If the drivers are allowed to buy these rigs from Tesla, and as long as there is a law which REQUIRES a human driver to be on board, even when in auto drive mode, it could work.
Human drivers will still be required behind the wheel due to insurance reasons. Companies are not going to rely on technology until it goes through rigorous testing. Think about the liability. It's too great to rely on technology. Plus, they'll need to make stop overs for recharge at recharge stations, and to ensure nothing goes wrong or unloading/on loading trucks.