Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
building her resume for her next role

Martin-Green or the hairdresser? Martin-Green could actually turn out to be a great actor if only she had the right role and the right writers. Her acting chops aren't really all that bad. But this Mary Sue role in fake Star Trek is killing her by typecasting her. Think about how they are marketing her.

About Season 3, I think they should have started out in the future in the first place. But not having come from "10 years before Kirk and Spock". They can't undo that. Perhaps a future show can go back before Discovery existed and erase it like they have done to create this dumb show. :anim_59:. But watching the trailer for Season 3, they have gone FULL Mary Sue with Burnham, and made the Discovery some sort of messiah ship. I smell Andromeda, another Roddenberry universe. It might just become interesting, but it still won't be Star Trek. It may, however, be very watchable.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
oh and btw, i believe the ship is the WARRIOR? something about englands early experimenting with wooden hulled, armored ships, steam and sail powered. kind of an early stage in the development of the dreadnoughts

i think this ship or one like it, also served as a temporary fueling pier in ww1 and 2 before being restored much later

Yep!

It is HMS Warrior. A noteworthy vessel as it was the first warship to not just have metal armor covering wood but to actually have a metal hull and structure. It beat USS Monitor by about a year. She was also extremely fast (if using both her sails and propeller she hit 18 knots) and well armed. She was in pretty poor shape after being used as a fueling pier but is now fully restored to her original configuration.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yep!

It is HMS Warrior. A noteworthy vessel as it was the first warship to not just have metal armor covering wood but to actually have a metal hull and structure. It beat USS Monitor by about a year. She was also extremely fast (if using both her sails and propeller she hit 18 knots) and well armed. She was in pretty poor shape after being used as a fueling pier but is now fully restored to her original configuration.

Yeah i went down a british naval rabbit hole after i did some wiki work while watching THE TERROR. one thing to the other, and i got to the warrior.

but! though warrior may have been the first armoured ship in europe, it was not the first armoured warship

the Geobukseon, or turtle ship was the first, in the 1500's, the koreans needed something to go against the invading japanese numerical superiority. after several tries and designs, a team under the command of admiral Yi Soon Shin developed the turtle ship

a standard wooden warship covered with iron plate-to various amount among diff models-with iron spikes attached to the plate to prevent grappling hooks from gaining a grip

it had a dragon head at the bow which had a cannon in it and could also be fitted with a tube that ejected burning sulphur fire-a flame thrower. other versions burned and dispersed a gas that could be used to make the enemy sick or a smokescreen. the ship also carried over 20 cannon

but of course, in our euro centric education system, we don't get any of this in school
upload_2019-10-23_20-54-41.jpeg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Gloire was the first armored warship in Europe. But it like the Geobukseon was a wood hull with iron covering plates on its sides (or top for the Geobukseon). Warrior was the first ship to not only be armored but have her hull constructed from iron as well.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
stumbled on this through a pop up ad... how cheap have they gotten at CBS? using some no name web site to push their show on the internet version of Saturday junk mail filled with sales and BOGOs

with still no release date for S3, they are pushing hard why S3 will be so great.

remember when you were a kid and you were getting ready to tell a pre-mediated lie to your parents and you preambled the actual speaking of the lie with a very long story? yeah, this link is like that.. and it seems that CBS or whoever, has been doing this for a long while in the time between seasons to pre convince everyone that the new season will be great!

also, at the site, note the next article - name dropping Rosario Dawson-- including mention of her MANDALORIAN S2 casting, because they want you to think that if a show as good as The MANDO picked up Dawson, THEN her talkign about STD must mean its a great show too--

she goes on about some pitch of hers to have herself cast as a Q in S3 std and s2 PICARD, to tie the two shows together

6 REASONS STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SEASON 3 WILL BE THE BEST ONE YET
Fire up the Spore Drive! This Disco space train is about to get very interesting.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/star-trek-discovery-season-3-spoilers

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
hopefully everyone who is still here knows full well that i dont give a sh!t about who is plugging who or what in their personal lives
IRL.

And, if there are LGBTQ characters in a series than so be it, but to what end? if it doesn't advance the story line of the show, and not the storyline of some SJW need, than there is no need for the "in the face-ness" of it all

it is just sad that so many younger ppl today CANNOT see they are being pandered to and its being called entertainment

when, in any other ST show, was any hetero couple displayed in such a way?

know i am preaching to the choir here, but just wanted to drop it in anyhow

1644425274887.png
https://www.out.com/print/2022/2/07...s8IOmEAr4v5sjGTrmD8mHJcLBDWGKEFm4wNRxnm7D4fWg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
hopefully everyone who is still here knows full well that i dont give a sh!t about who is plugging who or what in their personal lives
IRL.

And, if there are LGBTQ characters in a series than so be it, but to what end? if it doesn't advance the story line of the show, and not the storyline of some SJW need, than there is no need for the "in the face-ness" of it all

it is just sad that so many younger ppl today CANNOT see they are being pandered to and its being called entertainment

when, in any other ST show, was any hetero couple displayed in such a way?

know i am preaching to the choir here, but just wanted to drop it in anyhow

View attachment 35677 https://www.out.com/print/2022/2/07...s8IOmEAr4v5sjGTrmD8mHJcLBDWGKEFm4wNRxnm7D4fWg
Have you forgotten about Kirk and Riker? Those dawgs!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
New Discovery episode tomorrow. Yay!