Samsung bashing iPhone again for Galaxy S4...but they can!

B

Backstep

Went out today and bought the Galaxy S4, so far I'm loving it. Before I always had LG prior to getting the Iphone. The S4 uses the wifi AC protocol now the phone surfs as fast as the computer. more later.

B

Backstep

I love the WatchOn app, lets me control my TV and set top box. Can search for TV shows, movies and video; live or on the DVR. It even does netflix and Samsung account. The HD playback is amazing. With the MDI cable the phone fully integrates to my car. The Galaxy S4 Compared to the Iphone, the Iphone is a child's toy.

The battery life outdoes the Iphone hands down.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love the WatchOn app, lets me control my TV and set top box. Can search for TV shows, movies and video; live or on the DVR. It even does netflix and Samsung account. The HD playback is amazing. With the MDI cable the phone fully integrates to my car. The Galaxy S4 Compared to the Iphone, the Iphone is a child's toy.

The battery life outdoes the Iphone hands down.

So, after leaving iPhone, do you look back and kick yourself for all you missed? :anim_59: My coworker has the S4 and he looks like a Jedi waving his hands over his phone to answer it, surf, etc. And the screen is simply stunning. The three or four Applephiles in the company try to diss its case, but their iPhones are in cases so just how important is the case it is built in? I have yet to see a Galaxy phone with a cracked or broken screen or even a scratch. Cant say the same about iPhones of any flavor including the iPhone5. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So, after leaving iPhone, do you look back and kick yourself for all you missed? :anim_59: My coworker has the S4 and he looks like a Jedi waving his hands over his phone to answer it, surf, etc. And the screen is simply stunning. The three or four Applephiles in the company try to diss its case, but their iPhones are in cases so just how important is the case it is built in? I have yet to see a Galaxy phone with a cracked or broken screen or even a scratch. Cant say the same about iPhones of any flavor including the iPhone5. :)

It seems mundane considering most phones are kept in cases but it's still a small yet very annoying detail. For what you pay, they should have spent the extra $1 and stuck it in a metal casing rather than go with cheap plastic. Yes, the tech is impressive but why, then, stick all that marvelous tech in a shitty, flimsy plastic shell?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It seems mundane considering most phones are kept in cases but it's still a small yet very annoying detail. For what you pay, they should have spent the extra $1 and stuck it in a metal casing rather than go with cheap plastic. Yes, the tech is impressive but why, then, stick all that marvelous tech in a shitty, flimsy plastic shell?

Yep, but how many iPhones have you ever seen NOT in a case? :) I think it would be interesting for a company to come out with a purposely generic plastic case, but allow its buyers to choose different colors and textures of cases as part of his/her purchase. The case would be hard plastic (or metal) or gel or whatever. That is basically what we have already.

B

Backstep

The Air Motions and gestures are cool, I like the Smart screen apps, mostly the Smart scroll, where your eyes and head movements scroll the page you're reading.

The case issue has never been a problem to me. Metal or hard plastic more screens crack in the pocket and drops are luck of the draw if the phone hits the ground to break the case or screen.

No not been kicking myself for the Iphone, I wanted to see what the Iphone was all about for myself, the trade in value bought the G S4.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Went out today and bought the Galaxy S4, so far I'm loving it. Before I always had LG prior to getting the Iphone. The S4 uses the wifi AC protocol now the phone surfs as fast as the computer. more later.

I did it! I just bought my Galaxy S4 less than one hour ago. :) I was in the Sprint store buying an extra battery for my Galaxy S2 and the sales girl noticed my longing gaze at the Galaxy S4 and how I was playing around with it. I told her my contract was not up until November but she looked me up and they said because I was with them so long, they would allow me to do an early renewal. I still have to shell out over $500 for the phone, and a new hard/gel case for it, but I have absolutely no regrets. This thing is amazing....truly amazing. I am loading it up with my apps and have dumped the stupid TouchWiz UI. I will be rooting it this weekend. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I did it! I just bought my Galaxy S4 less than one hour ago. :) I was in the Sprint store buying an extra battery for my Galaxy S2 and the sales girl noticed my longing gaze at the Galaxy S4 and how I was playing around with it. I told her my contract was not up until November but she looked me up and they said because I was with them so long, they would allow me to do an early renewal. I still have to shell out over $500 for the phone, and a new hard/gel case for it, but I have absolutely no regrets. This thing is amazing....truly amazing. I am loading it up with my apps and have dumped the stupid TouchWiz UI. I will be rooting it this weekend. :)

Bluce Ree

Um ... you could have just gotten the phone for about a hundred more than what you spent without becoming hostage to another 2 years with Sprint. :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Um ... you could have just gotten the phone for about a hundred more than what you spent without becoming hostage to another 2 years with Sprint. :icon_lol:

You did not see the saleswoman, it's why OM will be rooting his phone this weekend.................

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I dont hate Sprint. :) After seeing what it could do, I would have gladly paid the full price for it. It is even superior in performance to the Note II which was my other choice. The HTC One is such a beautiful phone, but the sealed case and no SD card capability was a dealbraker for me. Nothing else appealed to me, except perhaps the new Nexus which is an LG this time. But that phone lacks the gesture features of the S4 as does the Note II. The 12mp camera and higher full HD screen resolution puts this device in a class that is no longer really comparable to any iPhone that exists. Even it's front facing camera is better. And the whiney "Android has lag!" thing that Apple fanbois use just does not apply. 4.2 on this thing is as smooth as silk.

What I dont like? The central Home button. Its an actual button now, not a capacitive button like the Back and Settings buttons. I dont like having to push the button. I want my capacitive button back. :( The rest of the phone...just damn.

I thought the SII was cool, and it is. But the SIII and S4 are leagues beyond what I am used to

Bluce Ree

I dont hate Sprint. :) After seeing what it could do, I would have gladly paid the full price for it. It is even superior in performance to the Note II which was my other choice. The HTC One is such a beautiful phone, but the sealed case and no SD card capability was a dealbraker for me. Nothing else appealed to me, except perhaps the new Nexus which is an LG this time. But that phone lacks the gesture features of the S4 as does the Note II. The 12mp camera and higher full HD screen resolution puts this device in a class that is no longer really comparable to any iPhone that exists. Even it's front facing camera is better. And the whiney "Android has lag!" thing that Apple fanbois use just does not apply. 4.2 on this thing is as smooth as silk.

What I dont like? The central Home button. Its an actual button now, not a capacitive button like the Back and Settings buttons. I dont like having to push the button. I want my capacitive button back. :( The rest of the phone...just damn.

I thought the SII was cool, and it is. But the SIII and S4 are leagues beyond what I am used to

The home button was a physical button on the S3 as well. My problem with contracts is that they're pointless unless they're giving me something really worthwhile for free. Otherwise, it's just flypaper.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The home button was a physical button on the S3 as well. My problem with contracts is that they're pointless unless they're giving me something really worthwhile for free. Otherwise, it's just flypaper.

All I really care about is decent coverage and good speed. I use my phones to connect to computers while on the road. I have been doing that since my fist love (Windows Phone). That was way back with the Palm Treo (my first smartphone). I have always owned a smartphone for this reason. Whebn the Treo came out, there was no comparable tablet device. Later, I got my Acer Iconia which I still have and use, but these new large screen smartphones from Samsung make carrying the tablet sorta redundant.

Sprint is only selling me a device (which they have locked down). My mission is to liberate it from the constraints from Sprint. :) When rooted, I can delete all of Sprint's software, its automatic updater and its wifi hotspot lockout. I can save more on having free hotspot (usually $19.00/mo) then the phone costs in dollars...in just a year. ;) Im still exploring this phone. I just dropped $16.00 on the 3D Next Launcher...OMFG. Worth every penny. A serious business tool that makes doing business like playing a video game is the best way I can describe it. I still have no idea how much this phone can do! That will be the most expensive app I will put on this, but it makes very good use of the buttery smooth Jelly Bean and allows great one hand action. I havent tried any of the fancy hand waving shit yet. :) Im doing my customizing and decorating. :)

Next Launcher 3d (the new Go Launcher replacement from the same developers).....speaks for itself. :)

Bluce Ree

All I really care about is decent coverage and good speed. I use my phones to connect to computers while on the road. I have been doing that since my fist love (Windows Phone). That was way back with the Palm Treo (my first smartphone). I have always owned a smartphone for this reason. Whebn the Treo came out, there was no comparable tablet device. Later, I got my Acer Iconia which I still have and use, but these new large screen smartphones from Samsung make carrying the tablet sorta redundant.

Sprint is only selling me a device (which they have locked down). My mission is to liberate it from the constraints from Sprint. :) When rooted, I can delete all of Sprint's software, its automatic updater and its wifi hotspot lockout. I can save more on having free hotspot (usually $19.00/mo) then the phone costs in dollars...in just a year. ;) Im still exploring this phone. I just dropped $16.00 on the 3D Next Launcher...OMFG. Worth every penny. A serious business tool that makes doing business like playing a video game is the best way I can describe it. I still have no idea how much this phone can do! That will be the most expensive app I will put on this, but it makes very good use of the buttery smooth Jelly Bean and allows great one hand action. I havent tried any of the fancy hand waving shit yet. :) Im doing my customizing and decorating. :)

Next Launcher 3d (the new Go Launcher replacement from the same developers).....speaks for itself. :)

Root your device but keep the same firmware or get a custom ROM based on an official Samsung release stripped of bloatware. Otherwise, the moment you go full custom, all the cool features disappear.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Root your device but keep the same firmware or get a custom ROM based on an official Samsung release stripped of bloatware. Otherwise, the moment you go full custom, all the cool features disappear.

Thanks for that. I have the new VPUAMDL update from Sprint/T-Mobile which is supposed to thwart root activity, but that is easily remedied by flashing the firmware without it. :) Im using a stock ROM. The custom ROMS dont give me much I need, I mainly just want full control and to use the hotspot free like Android meant it to be.
--- merged: Jun 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM ---
ROOTED! :joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, love the phone, but it's most annoying feature is the actual home BUTTON that has to be pressed. :( I hate it...Its what I dont like about the iPhone. I dont want to haven to press the button, when all I had to do before was to touch it. The back and menu keys are still capacitive touch, but not the home button. I got mine in black with a black hard gel case, but I am going to trade that in for the Ballistic case they have for this phone with extra large gel corner bumpers. The smoothness of this phone is incredible. :) Rooted, I am now able to use the hotspot for free. :) I can feed internet to my tablet or even to my computer in a pinch. :)

Bluce Ree

Wow, love the phone, but it's most annoying feature is the actual home BUTTON that has to be pressed. :( I hate it...Its what I dont like about the iPhone. I dont want to haven to press the button, when all I had to do before was to touch it. The back and menu keys are still capacitive touch, but not the home button. I got mine in black with a black hard gel case, but I am going to trade that in for the Ballistic case they have for this phone with extra large gel corner bumpers. The smoothness of this phone is incredible. :) Rooted, I am now able to use the hotspot for free. :) I can feed internet to my tablet or even to my computer in a pinch. :)

I have the home button programmed to do two things:

- return me to the home screen when not on the home screen
- launch Robin, my personal assistant, when on the home screen

I didn't like it at first until I customized it. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Fake Apple Ad Says iOS 7 Will Make Your iPhone Waterproof And People Fell For It

"Update to IOS 7 and become waterproof." Then it says, "“In an emergency, a smart-switch will shut off the phone’s power supply and corresponding components to prevent any damage to your iPhone’s delicate circuitry.” The ad goes on to explain what "iOS" is.

Idiot's operating system?