OBI WAN KENOBI

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So.... Episode 4 just bored me to tears. Seemed like total filler.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, the beginning felt more like a recap of the last episode for the first 10 minutes and then it was just 26 minutes of quite pointless plots

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well they have two episodes left to fix the character of Obi Wan and get things back ijnto something resembling a star wars story.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why? Why can't he practice on his own? He was even directed by Yoda to be doing new meditation types to commune with Qui Gonn. Why didn't Yoda also become degraded and embarrassed? With this being the first time we've seen Obi Wan since the OT it was imperative NOT to depict him in a negative light and in fact to show him as the wise Jedi he is in ANH.
even WITHOUT practicing and even just the little bit of meditation to connect with Qui Gon attracted the untrained likes of Nari to him, and in turn the Inquisitors detected Nari's presence- that was danger enough, just the meditation

a Jedi like Nari had a high level of natural Force sensitivity, obviously, the Inquisitors must have had this as well, probably one of the reasons they were selected

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well they have two episodes left to fix the character of Obi Wan and get things back ijnto something resembling a star wars story.
i am sorry you do not like the show, do not like the character

but where in any of the movies was they anything resembling character reveal- exposure, of any depth? there wasn't the movies were just set up for quick action good guys v bad guys

the shows are being used to finally give some exposition into who some of these characters are as people and not merely just characters in an action sequence

if you do not like it, turn it off, simple

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Ok, so I thought this episode was strange. Somehow, the girl got promoted to grand inquisitor so soon only to have that taken away. It's such a poorly done series. I have to say the original movies were far better.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I kinda liked Reva getting totally punked by Vader and the not dead Grand Inquisitor. Also that Obi Wan is slowly getting back into character a little. The show is still meh tho.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Thank god this episode was better than the last one. I'm also very much on the fence though as to whether this is worth watching. I mean, I'll watch it, because what else am I gonna do, but it may be kind of a drag.

Obviously the "Obi-Wan and Reva plotting to kill Vader together" was never going to work, since there is TOT, so that whole thing was rather uninteresting. Vader was shown stronger than ever before in this episode. Force-grabbing a starship in the process of taking off and putting it back on the ground. Force-ripping the starship like a tin of sardines. Calmly force-fighting Reva and pushing her around. That fight was interesting. But during this episode I had to think back to a previous episode where Vader faced off with Obi-Wan and basically cast him into fire. The time when Obi-Wan was surrounded by flames but his long hair didn't even singe. That was totally weird. And why didn't Vader just finish the job then? Is he toying with Obi-Wan and living for the thrill of the hunt? Why is Vader so much stronger in this episode than he was in the other episode, or than any other part of Star Wars we have ever seen him? I don't know, but this could just be the worst Star Wars show I've ever seen. Not that I've seen many. I like The Mandalorian and I also liked The Book of Boba Fett. Those were much better than this show, in my opinion.

O, by the way, that scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan sparring in the past... Anakin is clearly so much older than he was in that time. That is not fooling anyone!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
By the way, it seems that my "prediction" of Reva joining Obi-Wan's side wasn't that far-fetched after all. Even now, as Vader left her to die on the planet, we didn't actually see her die, so she will surely be back. I expect that she'll be back either on Obi-Wan's side, or as a "neutral" party just out for her own interests.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's weird; there are flashes of decent storytelling and some of the acting is good but the cinematography is amateurish and the action choreography is terrible.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Re
Ok, so I thought this episode was strange. Somehow, the girl got promoted to grand inquisitor so soon only to have that taken away. It's such a poorly done series. I have to say the original movies were far better.
Reva is ONLY an Inquisitor for her very strong innate Force sensing abilities-- like Bloodhound or bomb sniffing dog that DOESN'T need trained

praising her and promoting her lifted her ego-- fed her dark side, making that ability stronger so Vader could use her at her best to find Kenobi

could the have done it better-- sure

Just like Second Sister was used by Vader and the GI to hunt down Cere Junda and other Jedi by using her innate ability to predict the behavior of those they hunted.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
By the way, it seems that my "prediction" of Reva joining Obi-Wan's side wasn't that far-fetched after all. Even now, as Vader left her to die on the planet, we didn't actually see her die, so she will surely be back. I expect that she'll be back either on Obi-Wan's side, or as a "neutral" party just out for her own interests.
a lot like Maul then with his motives? he ended up being neither Sith or Jedi; just out for his own interests which were killing Palpatine and Vader and "settling" with Kenobi

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
a lot like Maul then with his motives? he ended up being neither Sith or Jedi; just out for his own interests which were killing Palpatine and Vader and "settling" with Kenobi
Maybe so. But I'm not familiar with that Maul story line. Must have happened in a show I haven't seen.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hmmm......how to process that finale....

1) Good fight between Obi Wan and Vader - it served well to put Obi Wan's character back on track.

2) Reva? Basically the end result is she served no purpose in the episode - the series could EASILY have been written to not include her or Leia at all and been much better focused as a result.

3) Nice to see Qui Gonn's Force Ghost.

Ultimately the series as a whole just meandered; nothing of any import actually happened. given when it occurs this was probably inevitable unless they were going to just obliterate canon.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Finally a worthy episode. The duel between Obi-Wan and Vader was great, especially after Obi-Wan regained his strength. Obi-Wan unleashed! Reva is getting redeemed, like I had suspected earlier. She'll probably be looking for a new path to walk, on the good side. Maybe that'll have a part to play in season 2.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ultimately the series as a whole just meandered; nothing of any import actually happened. given when it occurs this was probably inevitable unless they were going to just obliterate canon.
Like i said upstream.. a major purpose of these shows that have canon characters, especially ones we know the before AND after stories for, is to develop the characters more

Vader and in a way, Anakin is far more developed than Kenobi by just the Vader comics, which are canon

I do not read them, occasionally i will watch a synopsis video of them

We found a major thing out about Kenobi- he has a younger brother. I dont think they mentioned that for no reason; could be he will show up in a future show, having never met his brother

like SKELETON CREW for example; Jude Law is set to play in it- I could see him playing Kenobi's younger brother

although that would go against my "its a big galaxy" issue and WHY does everyone have to be connected?

and Reva? they could have just killed her-- every other Inquisitor we have seen has died so far

and Purge Troopers- we got to see them in Live Action for the first time-- one more possibility for seeing more of Temuera Morrison as a Clone

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Finally a worthy episode. The duel between Obi-Wan and Vader was great, especially after Obi-Wan regained his strength. Obi-Wan unleashed! Reva is getting redeemed, like I had suspected earlier. She'll probably be looking for a new path to walk, on the good side. Maybe that'll have a part to play in season 2.
S2 is not confirmed yet.. barely even teased... View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_8V8qwa0F4&t=57s

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure there will be one. It's Disney. They got to keep that Star Wars engine humming. Gotta produce those shows for the Disney+ service. Besides, these days seasons only consist of six episodes, they're not actually seasons seasons, you know what I mean.