OBI WAN KENOBI

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wonder when Hayden is going to show up in this series or what part he is going to play.
i have heard possibly flashbacks and definitely in the suit without helmet in his 'castle' and of course, his duel with Kenobi

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Fingers crossed that this is not a "bait and switch" show where Obi Wan is not the main character and Reva is (a la Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness which really was Wandavision Part II).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Fingers crossed that this is not a "bait and switch" show where Obi Wan is not the main character and Reva is (a la Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness which really was Wandavision Part II).
well every one of these shows has been about more than the title character

BAD BATCH isn't just about them

MANDO isn't just about Him or them

BOBA FETT was BARELY about him :)

I mean they have said prior that all of these shows are going to be used to tell the bigger story of everything going on with people and plots of the time period

but I think with only 6 episodes and so far no indications of S2 they will be mostly on Kenobi

ANDOR is most likely the show to be the most not about the main character; its already been announced that they are going to put a lot into the show. Supposed to come out late summer, probably right after KENOBI

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I am guessing that the evil brown chick will at some point turn into Obi Wan's ally.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I am guessing that the evil brown chick will at some point turn into Obi Wan's ally.
On second thought, maybe not. :D I wrote that before finishing the second episode.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
well every one of these shows has been about more than the title character

BAD BATCH isn't just about them

MANDO isn't just about Him or them

BOBA FETT was BARELY about him :)

I mean they have said prior that all of these shows are going to be used to tell the bigger story of everything going on with people and plots of the time period

but I think with only 6 episodes and so far no indications of S2 they will be mostly on Kenobi

ANDOR is most likely the show to be the most not about the main character; its already been announced that they are going to put a lot into the show. Supposed to come out late summer, probably right after KENOBI
Actually Djarin IS the main character in Mandalorian - the series is about his adventures and he is the focus of them. Boba Fett is weird because early on it WAS about Boba Fett; then it did a swerve and became a disjointed mess. Bad Batch is likewise - the show is centered on them not on someone else.

As to Kenobi, it was okay I guess. It feels more like a YA story about young Leia right now but there are still episodes to come. Parts were really good (like the action choreography) and MacGregor was good as Obi Wan also. Reva just left me cold as the character felt overacted and I got no real sense of menace from her.

Of course, not being thrilled with Reva means that according to Disney I must be a R****T! Yes they actually did this - in an interview earlier in the week Ingram said she was warned by Lucasfilm that not all the fans would like Kenobi and the ones who don't are the R word.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Seems to be ok so just something I would watch to time pass. I much prefer the Star Wars movies as in the 6 movies that were made by George Lucas.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually Djarin IS the main character in Mandalorian - the series is about his adventures and he is the focus of them. Boba Fett is weird because early on it WAS about Boba Fett; then it did a swerve and became a disjointed mess. Bad Batch is likewise - the show is centered on them not on someone else.

As to Kenobi, it was okay I guess. It feels more like a YA story about young Leia right now but there are still episodes to come. Parts were really good (like the action choreography) and MacGregor was good as Obi Wan also. Reva just left me cold as the character felt overacted and I got no real sense of menace from her.

Of course, not being thrilled with Reva means that according to Disney I must be a R****T! Yes they actually did this - in an interview earlier in the week Ingram said she was warned by Lucasfilm that not all the fans would like Kenobi and the ones who don't are the R word.
what i meant, and I think you know, is that the stories of all the shows are far more than just about the title characters.. all of the shows are

and, i think we will see, from the looks of the cell ph captured SW celebration M3 trailer- "Mandalorian" is no longer going to mean just one
either-- esp for those who do not know better

Shadow Mann

Staff member

Reva is a terrible character. Yes, I said it! I don't buy the story about Leia and Bail Organa, it just does not make sense. They are stretching the storyline with spurious details. It looks awesome though! I gotta have more than visuals. Did I mention about Reva being a terrible character? Oh, yeah...:icon_rotflmao:

It has nothing to do with her sex or her race. It feels like they baited the show which might gradually move to highlight Reva over Obi-Wan. Just a gunch (guess/hunch)! No inside info.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Episode 3 was ok and I don't know why they made Obi wan so weak although there were some good bits.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Episode 3 was ok and I don't know why they made Obi wan so weak although there were some good bits.
he hasn't used or trained, not even meditated in the Force for 10 years for fear of being detected; his lightsaber has been buried in the sand

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Him. Maybe Reva will become allied with Obi Wan after all, but much later on. Not really much to say about episode three really.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Episode 3 was fair. The BIG issue is the treatment of Obi Wan - it feels more and more like this is Obi Wan's "The Last Jedi".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Episode 3 was fair. The BIG issue is the treatment of Obi Wan - it feels more and more like this is Obi Wan's "The Last Jedi".
just stop...

you try being out of practice for 10 years at a martial and spiritual art, one you do not practice for fear of your life and the life of the person he is protecting

he cannot even think about the Force for fear of anyone powerful enough nearby picking up on that

and besides, everyone knows its not his LJ because we still have his final defeat of Maul upcoming as well as the events of NH

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
just stop...

you try being out of practice for 10 years at a martial and spiritual art, one you do not practice for fear of your life and the life of the person he is protecting

he cannot even think about the Force for fear of anyone powerful enough nearby picking up on that

and besides, everyone knows its not his LJ because we still have his final defeat of Maul upcoming as well as the events of NH
The Last Jedi in terms of his character being degraded and embarrassed instead of being Obi Wan Kenobi.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Last Jedi in terms of his character being degraded and embarrassed instead of being Obi Wan Kenobi.
AGAIN, did you miss the part about Order 66,, Jedi Hunters,,, 10 years of not practicing use of the Force or of any fighting skills? Oh, and he IS 10 yrs older as well

This is true to reality- if thus were realistic. Take aIRL situation. Say he were a Green Beret who had been out of the Army for 10 yrs, hadnt been doing any exercise except manual labor at a meat cutters and some walking,, no weapons trng or martial arts training

that Green Beret would be pretty damned rusty in his skills

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Why? Why can't he practice on his own? He was even directed by Yoda to be doing new meditation types to commune with Qui Gonn. Why didn't Yoda also become degraded and embarrassed? With this being the first time we've seen Obi Wan since the OT it was imperative NOT to depict him in a negative light and in fact to show him as the wise Jedi he is in ANH.