Mallozzi and Mullie out as Transporter Showrunners

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!

I shouldn't, I know...but I just can't help myself.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME!!!!! a day to celebrate for sure to see em booted off this!!

now this series might ACTUALLY be watchable!! HURRAY!!!

OMNI

i am curious over what the "creative diffrences" BS is about tho? tbh i wouldnt be surprised if it was something else like mallozzi and CO demanding more money for all the tiresome work and "brilliance" they were adding to the show.. seeing as they are the mighty flawless people behind such megahits as SGU etc
:facepalm::rotflmao:

anyway im SURE this is a good thing for the transporter series :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
i am curious over what the "creative diffrences" BS is about tho? tbh i wouldnt be surprised if it was something else like mallozzi and CO demanding more money for all the tiresome work and "brilliance" they were adding to the show.. seeing as they are the mighty flawless people behind such megahits as SGU etc
:facepalm::rotflmao:

anyway im SURE this is a good thing for the transporter series :D
I'm wondering if he felt that the entire cast should be Transported into some unknown section of space by the evil Veterinarian, Dr Fluffy.

Nah....

OMNI

I'm wondering if he felt that the entire cast should be Transported into some unknown section of space by the evil Veterinarian, Dr Fluffy.

Nah....
LMAO!! oh anything is possible when it comes to that one..

imo mallozzi is NOT at all talented and pulls stupid plot devices and general WTF moments out of his @55 frequently and through all of stargate (SGA,SG1) i have to say that the episodes i dissliked the most were his creations and if he tried pulling that crap on these new guys on the transporter show im sure that raised a few eyebrows and inevitibly lead to him being booted.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I read that site quite a bit; people leave and join these types of projects all the time. When you get three or four different people running a show who've never worked together, you often get to a point early on where they want to go in different directions. As with my response in the BW thread, let's wait and see what they created before bemoaning or cheering this decision.

Back after Season 4 of The West Wing I Aaron Sorkin (aka the guy that created and wrote nearly everyone episode up to that point, later The Social Network) was forced to leave over conflict with NBC heads. Of course the guy he was in conflict with later created the Conan/Leno problem and is generally regarded as the guy who ruined NBC...

My point - In TV so much shit happens so quickly that its a miracle any decent shows get made.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Wow, this guy is a snake! In his blog he doesn't even mention that he and Mullie left Transporter he just jumps into thank-you's. It's kind of scary how his brain works because he simply blanks out the most pertinent piece of the situation. Even the first response in his blog mentions it:
Lou Zucaro Hey Joe,
So, can you fill in the blanks between “have left over creative differences” and your post here?

Not surprising that the egotist fell flat on his face.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Glad he is out. Having watched and liked the Transporter films I can say that Mallozzi's style would not have worked with that setting and storyline - the Transporter series is decidedly NOT soapy but rather is a pretty high octane action series.

OMNI

Another great success story for Mallozzi to put on his resumé.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! green!

Wow, this guy is a snake! In his blog he doesn't even mention that he and Mullie left Transporter he just jumps into thank-you's. It's kind of scary how his brain works because he simply blanks out the most pertinent piece of the situation. Even the first response in his blog mentions it:

Not surprising that the egotist fell flat on his face.

i know and i completly agree,, this "guy" is just... WOW.. you know? chist :facepalm:

Glad he is out. Having watched and liked the Transporter films I can say that Mallozzi's style would not have worked with that setting and storyline - the Transporter series is decidedly NOT soapy but rather is a pretty high octane action series.
EXACTLY!
and i def agree that had he remained transporter would have been quite SHI**Y..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It really says something that they got rid of him so early into production. Sounds to me like he wasn't a team player and let his ego screw things up. He probably didn't want to be down in the pecking order when it comes to credit for the show. It would be one thing if he was coming off of a successful run as an executive producer but he isn't. He's coming off a stinking failure that he headed up.

What the idiot should have done in this situation is to keep his head down, listen to other people's ideas and support them. Hell, he should have been the office "coffee bitch" and done anything he could to make this work out. The only one he screwed is himself though. Pride goeth before a fall. And yes, I think it's safe to say that arrogance played a big part in his most recent failure. What else could it be? They obviously thought him good enough to add to the writing team and surely they discussed the story in some detail so he knew what it was about before signing on the dotted line. It doesn't make sense for someone who knows the deal ahead of time to be booted so early into the show if not for a personality conflict.

Or maybe they found out that he just doesn't have the writing chops that he claims to have. They might have hired him based on the Stargate name but soon found out that he's really not that good of a story teller. That coupled with his ungodly ego would be enough to boot him out the door. Granted it is a transient business but in this economy where jobs are tight and TV industry jobs are even tighter it only makes sense if you've got a foot in the door to do your best to keep it there. But hey, he's got his Asian girlfriend and his pugs and apparently he doesn't have a problem paying his rent (that we know of) so more power to him. Now he's got all the time in the world to devote to his comic book. :roll::icon_lol:

OMNI

It really says something that they got rid of him so early into production. Sounds to me like he wasn't a team player and let his ego screw things up. He probably didn't want to be down in the pecking order when it comes to credit for the show. It would be one thing if he was coming off of a successful run as an executive producer but he isn't. He's coming off a stinking failure that he headed up.
that would certainly fit his character and personality

What the idiot should have done in this situation is to keep his head down, listen to other people's ideas and support them. Hell, he should have been the office "coffee bitch" and done anything he could to make this work out. The only one he screwed is himself though. Pride goeth before a fall. And yes, I think it's safe to say that arrogance played a big part in his most recent failure. What else could it be? They obviously thought him good enough to add to the writing team and surely they discussed the story in some detail so he knew what it was about before signing on the dotted line. It doesn't make sense for someone who knows the deal ahead of time to be booted so early into the show if not for a personality conflict.
indeed!

Or maybe they found out that he just doesn't have the writing chops that he claims to have. They might have hired him based on the Stargate name but soon found out that he's really not that good of a story teller. That coupled with his ungodly ego would be enough to boot him out the door. Granted it is a transient business but in this economy where jobs are tight and TV industry jobs are even tighter it only makes sense if you've got a foot in the door to do your best to keep it there. But hey, he's got his Asian girlfriend and his pugs and apparently he doesn't have a problem paying his rent (that we know of) so more power to him. Now he's got all the time in the world to devote to his comic book. :roll::icon_lol:

you put it better then i ever could be bothered to do man well done!

and YES imo he does NOT have writing skill and he is a TERRIBLE "story teller" as evident by all the crap we've seen from him thru the SG runs not to mention that god awfull proposed atlantis movie script which was just ridiculous.. and yes he def suffers from ego mania and thinks he is "all that" but its clear to anyone capable of some analasys and critical thinking that he ISNT "All that".

and LMFAO!! his crappy comic book? ahahaha who is going to buy that? the 40 people that swoos over him in the comments of that blog? LMFAO!! :rotflmao:

and thanks ape for saying all that im to lazy to do myself!
you deserve some more green!

S

Stonelesscutter

Or he simply didn't want to go down. :D

OMNI

Congratulations on your 700th post! :)

And ehm... Mallozzi got sacked. (to keep OMNI off my back :D)

? you lost me man? have i been on yer back?
sure im vocal about my disproval of malozzi but that doesnt mean EVERYONE has to agree and i def dont expect em to...?

S

Stonelesscutter

? you lost me man? have i been on yer back?
sure im vocal about my disproval of malozzi but that doesnt mean EVERYONE has to agree and i def dont expect em to...?

No. It's just that you've been keeping an eye on people that go off-topic. ;)