Episode Review: Ep 215 "Seizure"

Tropicana

Council Member
If only that were enough to make a show great, or even get decent ratings... :(
This can be interpreted from the casual viewer point of view - they have had enough of the cheap boob shots in place of intelligent stories, novelty is gone and substance is lacking. It is suppose to be Stargate, not "Girls/Boys Gone Wild".

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I totally agree with your comment. I'd like to add that if lt. James (notice how I don't call her McBoobs) doesn't like it when people (especially McKay) stares at her breasts she shouldn't go stand right in front of him with her boobies at his eye level. By the way I think many women like it when men look at their breasts, it makes them feel attractive, it's why God has invented cleavage.
She was always promoted with big focus on her breasts and yes it seems she does enjoy it and then goes...oh he looks at my breasts what a pervert. Just attention whore I would say.

I just saw this episode btw. I am disapointed to see that SGC command has become the old NID from SG1 days. You know, stealing shit, not being honest. This was a mess, the stone switching and then then persisting still.
I mean the whole trickery stuff, it was very slimy and it proved nothing in the end.

Wanted to comment more, but too tired..

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I get so irritated with these writers....

She was always promoted with big focus on her breasts and yes it seems she does enjoy it and then goes...oh he looks at my breasts what a pervert. Just attention whore I would say.

I just saw this episode btw. I am disapointed to see that SGC command has become the old NID from SG1 days. You know, stealing shit, not being honest. This was a mess, the stone switching and then then persisting still.
I mean the whole trickery stuff, it was very slimy and it proved nothing in the end.

Wanted to comment more, but too tired..

Oh, right. Lt Vanessa James is in SGU because she is a woman of virtue and strength and is an exemplary soldier with BIG brains. Why would anyone ever stare at her breasts like she was a piece of meat? Doesnt every nice girl stand in the middle of a heavily trafficked corridor on a spaceship dressed in black lace panties and a top so tight that it reflects light? :icon_lol:

Darkness-SGU-5.jpg

S

Stonelesscutter

Ok, I give you guys that. Sometimes we women do dress to manipulate, like Graybrews story illustrated. :D Makes life easier.

But you still love us for our brilliant minds, right?
Guys?

Ofcourse we love you for your brilliant minds.
If your minds are indeed brilliant.
There's unfortunately plenty of examples to be found that demonstrate their minds aren't quite so brilliant.
But still I keep looking for that single one that attracts me with both her looks and her brilliance.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Oh, right. Lt Vanessa James is in SGU because she is a woman of virtue and strength and is an exemplary soldier with BIG brains. Why would anyone ever stare at her breasts like she was a piece of meat? Doesnt every nice girl stand in the middle of a heavily trafficked corridor on a spaceship dressed in black lace panties and a top so tight that it reflects light? :icon_lol:

View attachment 3841

oh yeah her underwear is definitely military issue. :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh yeah her underwear is definitely military issue. :rolleyes:

I swear in that photo that you can actually SEE the angle of the source of the light on The Girls, and they got a spotlight all their own. The rest of the corridor is dimly lit (even though you can still see Eli and Young drooling in the background), but The Girls are dancing in "moonlight". There is so much light on them that they can light the rest of the room with reflected light :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I swear in that photo that you can actually SEE the angle of the source of the light on The Girls, and they got a spotlight all their own. The rest of the corridor is dimly lit (even though you can still see Eli and Young drooling in the background), but The Girls are dancing in "moonlight". There is so much light on them that they can light the rest of the room with reflected light :)

Well, there is a reason there called headlights :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well I just finally saw the ep
what to say, hmm........

Yeah, I got nothing, just like the ep itself. Normally with SGU I can find *something* redeeming in every ep, even something as small as a few throwaway lines that can fuel the imagination, but this one? It was like picking up a book I read 10 years ago and reading a random chapter.

G

Graybrew1

Well I just finally saw the ep
what to say, hmm........

Yeah, I got nothing, just like the ep itself. Normally with SGU I can find *something* redeeming in every ep, even something as small as a few throwaway lines that can fuel the imagination, but this one? It was like picking up a book I read 10 years ago and reading a random chapter.

Okay , so now do you understand why I want them to burn the rest off? Everybody is blaming you for my saying that , but really it was the last two eps that did it for me. They were just sad to watch. :icon_cry:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Ahh [Irony] They wanted weaker more believable characters because of the god-like characters in the previous two shows but all of a sudden a one semester college kid who likely hasn't taken any math beyond multivariate is going toe to toe with a phd/multiple degree'd renown scientist. [/Irony] Sure.

Can't believe how much of a filler show this is, said it from the beginning. Only one plot which they don't even advance filled with filler stuff.

Also disclaimer: my opinion.

G

Graybrew1

Ahh [Irony] They wanted weaker more believable characters because of the god-like characters in the previous two shows but all of a sudden a one semester college kid who likely hasn't taken any math beyond multivariate is going toe to toe with a phd/multiple degree'd renown scientist. [/Irony] Sure.

Can't believe how much of a filler show this is, said it from the beginning. Only one plot which they don't even advance filled with filler stuff.

Also disclaimer: my opinion.

I will say, that in the beginning they had a potential to get better, somewhere around first battles with other aliens they seemed to be getting alittle better. Don't know what happened to them somewhere along the line they lost direction and now I am afraid to see how they end it.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I will say, that in the beginning they had a potential to get better, somewhere around first battles with other aliens they seemed to be getting alittle better. Don't know what happened to them somewhere along the line they lost direction and now I am afraid to see how they end it.

Accelerated attempt at change?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Okay , so now do you understand why I want them to burn the rest off? Everybody is blaming you for my saying that , but really it was the last two eps that did it for me. They were just sad to watch. :icon_cry:

I don't think "blame" is the right word GB, but I get your point. :D
At this point, I can easily see a burn off, but I think it will be the next ep that determines weather that happens or not. While the ratings were pretty darn bad, the .3 demo is what will kill it. While it was understandable when they were still pulling .5 and even the .4's, that was still close to half thier audiance in the "right" demo, .3 puts it closer to a third, and that just isn't worthwhile for Syfy.
Should they burn it off from *this* "viewer's perspective"? Yes, and it should have happened at the beginning of 2.5.

G

Graybrew1

I don't think "blame" is the right word GB, but I get your point. :D
At this point, I can easily see a burn off, but I think it will be the next ep that determines weather that happens or not. While the ratings were pretty darn bad, the .3 demo is what will kill it. While it was understandable when they were still pulling .5 and even the .4's, that was still close to half thier audiance in the "right" demo, .3 puts it closer to a third, and that just isn't worthwhile for Syfy.
Should they burn it off from *this* "viewer's perspective"? Yes, and it should have happened at the beginning of 2.5.

I would have fought you tooth and nail back then ,but I can admit when I am wrong. I am just teasing about the "Dark" Vader reference. LOL

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I would have fought you tooth and nail back then ,but I can admit when I am wrong. I am just teasing about the "Dark" Vader reference. LOL

HAHAHA!!
You did :)
(BTW, can I call you "mate" or "dear" now, or will you rip my head off again.......... :laughing:)

There are also worse things to be teased about, at least Vader has style. :laughing:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

I'm sending you to a rebel planet. Crush the resistance there, leave no survivors. The force is strong with you. Make it your mistress...mastress....whatever. The rebels are holed up in an abandoned mine outpost on the planet gateworld. Do not fail.

G

Graybrew1

I'm sending you to a rebel planet. Crush the resistance there, leave no survivors. The force is strong with you. Make it your mistress...mastress....whatever. The rebels are hole d up in an abandoned mine outpost on the planet gateworld. Do not fail.

:rotflmao:You do know I can only green you once right? ;) :D

G

Graybrew1

HAHAHA!!
You did :)
(BTW, can I call you "mate" or "dear" now, or will you rip my head off again.......... :laughing:)

There are also worse things to be teased about, at least Vader has style. :laughing:

Nah, I don't mind it from People I know. that's cool, I hate it in RL when people call me that when they don't know me. But once I get to know somebody I don't have a problem with it.