Corpsicle Treat

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Weir isn't dead..she is still floating in space in her nannite body-frozen until the next SG show finds her :D

That was so wrong! They could have at least made her die a more dignified death. Turning her into a replicator was just wrong. :(

Just think of the posibilities--that Blue is slimming down to GET into character-the character of Eli- post three yr trek (they can say he got the old hydroponics lab going using all of the plants they did save-he found alien ants in them and has been using them for protein and eating the veggies--Hey!! I could be an SGU writer!!!) :crazy homer face:

its what you all what and have been secretely pining for- I can tell :icon_rotflmao:

Mozz, is that you hiding in that Yoda suit? I knew it! :anim_59: :P

Actually :jaded: we never saw the "kill" on Lori-just heard a shot. never saw a body either-or stripped bones for that matter--Lori could make an irksome comeback at anytime

to me that would be worse then a sgu comeback (come to think of it, TWD sucks way worse then SGU as far as straight out entertainment and other issues)

It was close enough! And the zombie with the bellyfull was good enough for me. :tealc_newanime006:

SGU was absolutely easy to watch..so long as it is at "your command" and you have a working fast forward button
:rolleye0014: hell i watched both seasons in 8 days a few hrs a day.just ff passed all the "stoning to earth" junk and any and all love scenes as they held no "sci fi" plot content. boil that stuff out and every ep goes from being 42mins to about 20-"easy-peesy"

Unfortunately, I made a point of actually watching each and every episode as the show was being aired. That was at SGUS and I wanted never to be accused of "not giving it a chance". I watched each episode, and a couple of them I watched twice :facepalm:. The verdict is the same...it sucked worse than a hungry wraith. :winking0052: I will always blame it for the end of the franchise. But...TBH, rewatching Atlantis recently as a marathon made me do a double take. Did I actually enjoy that show? I did, but now something about how it comes off is different. Sort of like a spell wore off. The number of filler episodes was significant.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Again, SGA was for the characters, NOT the situations.

But you cant exactly divorce the two. The situations define the characters. Teyla's character is meaningless without her people and where she came from. Ronon and Todd ditto. Now the SG Team characters like Col Shepperd and McKay and Wier and Woolsey et al, they were defined greatly by the SG-1 context and the previous Stargate SG-1 universe. It seemed to work when it was being aired...I liked it, but even then at SGUS I said my favorite of the series was SG-1. Now, it seems hard to even watch Atlantis past the first season IMO. Perceptions changed? Perhaps my taste for it? Dunno....

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ahhh the good old days of dissing sgpoo! that was one steaming pile of poo! badly written, horrible acting, all of that IKEA stuff, too much boring sex (as opposed to interesting sex!:P) & NO MILITARY ADVISORS- and the producers bragged about that! :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
ahhh the good old days of dissing sgpoo! that was one steaming pile of poo! badly written, horrible acting, all of that IKEA stuff, too much boring sex (as opposed to interesting sex!:P) & NO MILITARY ADVISORS- and the producers bragged about that! :facepalm:

They also bragged about the "sophisticated" relationships between characters if you can believe it. RC makes mention of it in that SyFy anniversary special.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They also bragged about the "sophisticated" relationships between characters if you can believe it. RC makes mention of it in that SyFy anniversary special.

Sophisticated...

stargate_darkness_3.jpg

:rolleye0014:

Perhaps sophisticated for this fella?

110_F_10459577_RWaLcYTYJtx6nhKFqTYD3duzw6NGFxhW.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

the only thing "sophisticated" was the level of gibberish in the conduct of the relations; stones-using other peoples bodies for sex, etc

that-i think is what caught some squees as "cutting edge"; that the fact that a tv show depicted such liberalities with sex- the lesbian using some young hot looking female airman to get it on with her middle aged female love... the notion of "no hangs ups" the "i know its your consciusness in there (if you say so), but if it wasn't for you being stuck on the other side of the universe i would never have a chance to get it on with a young hottie like you" IMO is what engaged those who say sgu was a great cutting edge show. without a doubt- i believe that "cutting edge" "gritty" or any other critic's adjective was just code for "open season sex" embedded in a 'sci fi' show.

Oh, and when I said it was "easy to watch on amazon" I dont mean i though it good just physically easy to watch with the ability to FF past the on earth sessions and the sex scenes.

I will stand by the statement of SGU being better the TWD. Put the two up against one another and IMO, SGU wins out between them. The irritating characters are less irritating and the "grand plots" seem more "believable" within the canon of the show.

I would be willing to say that if one looked at the "professional" or 'regular" critics online or elsewhere-that a substantial number of them liked both SGU and TWD (and other crap)-they definately have a different taste range then the regular audience.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
But you cant exactly divorce the two. The situations define the characters. Teyla's character is meaninless without her people and where she came from. Ronon and Todd ditto. Now the SG Team characters like Col Shepperd and McKay and Wier and Woolsey et al, they were defined greatly by the SG-1 context and the previous Stargate SG-1 universe. It seemed to work when it was being aired...I liked it, but even then at SGUS I said my favorite of the series was SG-1. Now, it seems hard to even watch Atlantis past the first season IMO. Perceptions changed? Perhaps my taste for it? Dunno....

See that bit there, Thats why SGA worked at all. S1 WAS good enough for people to invest in the characters and *thier stories* EVEN if the rest of the writing was sub-par. S1 makes or breaks a show and if you look at the most successful shows around, if the audience on the whole likes the characters enough within S1, then the show tend to do well because you invest in the characters. I invested in the characters of SGA, the stories, meh, some of them yes, alot of them no. Still, the point remains, you like the characters, you will put up with alot of shithouse writing. To me, that was the absolute failure of SGU, I just did not give a rats arse about what happened to the characters. I liked some of the stories, but I just did not care about who it was happening to.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
It seems that many here have disowned the stargate franchise. Do we need to rename this website? Maybe TWDFans? :P