Cat Lovers Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Might I suggest these absolutely necessary tools:

A slicker brush to get to the undercoat. Not necessarily this one, but something similar

Amazon product
Also, you might find that he throws up hairballs more than your other cats. Brushing reduces this. The rest of the hair will pass out the other end, and this will help him do that:

Amazon product
The hairball product must taste real good to the cat because Siete will eat it as I squeeze it right from the tube. Hope this helps! BTW, Maine Coons LOVE being brushed. He will rub all over your hand and purr like crazy as you brush him.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Might I suggest these absolutely necessary tools:

A slicker brush to get to the undercoat. Not necessarily this one, but something similar

Amazon product
Also, you might find that he throws up hairballs more than your other cats. Brushing reduces this. The rest of the hair will pass out the other end, and this will help him do that:

Amazon product
The hairball product must taste real good to the cat because Siete will eat it as I squeeze it right from the tube. Hope this helps! BTW, Maine Coons LOVE being brushed. He will rub all over your hand and purr like crazy as you brush him.
I don't see any pictures in your post.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't see any pictures in your post.

Weird! I can see the links in the edit, but the board seems to be trying to embed Amazon links.

Slicker brush...notice that the teeth have little nubs on them to keep them safe for the skin:

8107lfn7HwL._SL1500_.jpg
This brush you use after the slicker, because the undercoat will leave bits left in the fur, and this brush will get those.
510WEdoJBHL._SL1100_.jpg
And this gel is actually a slight laxative, and lubricates the kitty's bowels to pass hair. He will throw up the hairballs
71D8lbUepeL._SL1500_.jpg
I brush Siete every day, and I notice that some days there is LOTS of hair coming from the undercoat, and sometimes not. Mostly, he jumps up on something waiting for me to brush him. Since you posted a video, I will show you a brushing session when I get home from work tonight. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Weird! I can see the links in the edit, but the board seems to be trying to embed Amazon links.

Slicker brush...notice that the teeth have little nubs on them to keep them safe for the skin:

View attachment 35122
This brush you use after the slicker, because the undercoat will leave bits left in the fur, and this brush will get those.
View attachment 35123
And this gel is actually a slight laxative, and lubricates the kitty's bowels to pass hair. He will throw up the hairballs
View attachment 35124
I brush Siete every day, and I notice that some days there is LOTS of hair coming from the undercoat, and sometimes not. Mostly, he jumps up on something waiting for me to brush him. Since you posted a video, I will show you a brushing session when I get home from work tonight. :)

We've got this Furminator for the other two cats but they're short hair.

http://www.furminator.com/products/...hedding-tool-medium-large-cat-short-hair.aspx

Honestly, we hardly ever use it.

For Apophis we would need a different one because he's long hair but they have one for small cats (which he is now) and for big cats (which he'll soon be) and they don't come cheap. I don't think I'd want to invest in one for small cats seeing as he's a Maine Coon and will probably soon be as big as Ba'al and will likely get bigger.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Qetesh went to the vet yesterday to get spayed. She came back with a band aid around her front right paw, apparently because that's where they put the anaesthetic for the surgery. This morning I woke up and saw her walking around and the front right paw was severely swollen. It looked like 3 times the size it would normally be. Probably about the size of a mature large male cat. We took her to the vet immediately and they removed the band aid. According to them the swelling will go down soon, hopefully be largely gone in 24 hours. This is what it looked like this morning.

swelling.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Qetesh went to the vet yesterday to get spayed. She came back with a band aid around her front right paw, apparently because that's where they put the anaesthetic for the surgery. This morning I woke up and saw her walking around and the front right paw was severely swollen. It looked like 3 times the size it would normally be. Probably about the size of a mature large male cat. We took her to the vet immediately and they removed the band aid. According to them the swelling will go down soon, hopefully be largely gone in 24 hours. This is what it looked like this morning.

View attachment 35125

Please keep us updated on her. :(

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Paw is looking a lot better now. Thank god.

IMG_20190306_203031.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Apophis likes to steal fries.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
the wolf cat

Interesting looking cat

I resent people who inbreed animals to create mutant breeds just to get certain looks or unusual features. I almost cried when I saw a "Munchkin" cat with stumpy legs.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
We have some cat toys and he plays with them, but he doesn't fetch. In fact he doesn't listen at all to anything I say and doesn't respond to gestures and sounds I make to my hand either. Other than viciously attacking it sometimes that is. He does give love bites but also tends to start biting harder. He is very handsome though .I particularly like the black dots on his snout.
I think I have started to break the destructive pattern a bit, and he has learned what the bottle means by being sprayed. He started to try to bite me today when i was cuddling him and so I walked up to the bottle while still holding him, and he stopped biting. Yeah, he knows what it means now, not that he won't still try to push boundries a bit, but he will just need to get a bit more wet until he stops. I think one issue is I tried to allow my daughter to be his "master" but the big cats listen to us and I think he totally reads this and so he needs us to set the rules of the house.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Catz Rule. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Little sweeties. :) I am a complete sucker for kittens. A big guy was walking on the beach walkway with a tiny kitten sleeping in his shirt pocket, and women SWARMED him. Unfortunately, Siete will hardly fit in a duffle bag, let alone my pocket. :(