ANDOR: Star Wars

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Okay. I get it now. I have been driving all weekend (two long road trips) and as such wasn't tuned in.

I like Andor overall. It's okay if a little slow but it does not insult the fanbase and actually feels a little like blade runner. Like Shadow Mann I still think Mando is the best we have seen.
I think they are all "good" with some of the shows much,much better than others. I'd put BOBA FETT at the bottom but I still liked it

its like our extended families-- we have crazy uncles, ugly cousins, 'hot' cousins, maybe a famous one.... we may not "like" some of them but since they are all blood we love them all

Shadow Mann

Staff member
what's wrong with Omega?

she was 'pet project' of Nala Se , made different on purpose

you often seem to have 'issues' with female characters

on animation.. was HEAVY METAL for kids?
She is a problem because you cannot get a female by cloning a male. Her presence there was for sexual diversity and not because she was needed in the story. That is just my personal take, an I have no problem with others who liked it. I didn't. I recognize when a female character is being introduced as an agenda item vs an organic story with females. Perfect examples of agenda inserts are Rings of Power, the upcoming Ironheart, Black Panther Wakanda Forever. Examples of organic casting with diversity (not agenda) would be Stranger Things, House of the Dragon, The Mandalorian.

As far as animation, its just the medium I see as being part of something not as complete or substantive as live action. They are not peer formats IMO. Animation is seen in games, kids' shows, anime, and of course the animated adult stuff like Heavy Metal, Aeon Flux, etc. Again, I have no problem with people who like it a lot. I do, because I play lots of games in VR and on PC and none of that is live action. Its also who I do not take it as seriously as live action. Just my take!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
She is a problem because you cannot get a female by cloning a male.
what a stupid thing to say

this is Star Wars and like so many, you continue to make the mistake of forgetting it is fantasy, not sci -fi

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
agenda item vs an organic story with females. Perfect examples of agenda inserts are Rings of Power
agenda items?

EVERYTHING about Princess Leia Organa in 1977 was 'agenda'- her look, her hair, her clothes, her trans atlantic accent.. it was all to fit the agenda of the day which was -- make it Disco by still keeping it Damsel in distress

Rings of Power.. who, pray tell, is the female you are calling the agenda item in that?

careful now, because your answer may very well walk you straight into "how much I really do not know about the writing of Tolkien" land

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
actually feels a little like blade runner
the ONLY part of Andor that may have felt like blade runner at all was the opening scenes of EP 1

have you watched anything beyond that?

its ok if you haven't? its ok to be a hard core 'pew-pew' squee.. no judgement

i mean most of you here displayed your disdain for drama with new BSG when you all repeatedly stated how much that show went downhill after the first couple of seasons- the seasons with the most 'pew-pew' :)

do you cosplay to Joe? just curious

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Blade Runner feel is what stuck with me so it is what I associated with Andor. Yes I watched it - it was okay.

As to NuBSG, the reason a LOT of the fans left after Season Two had little to do with "pew pew". It had a lot more to do with illogical plot developments requiring wholesale retconning (The Final Five), the show turning into a soap opera, characterizations becoming inconsistent and more of these kinds of things.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
what a stupid thing to say

this is Star Wars and like so many, you continue to make the mistake of forgetting it is fantasy, not sci -fi
You don't get to call anybody stupid, bro, LMAO! If you do not understand why you cannot get a female from a male clone, I don't know what to tell you! There is a vast difference between fans of fantasy and fans of science fiction. I like the fantasy in Lucas Star Wars, but the Disney stuff is SWINO (Star Wars in name only). George Lucas himself has disowned them. I did not forget Star Wars was fantasy, I remembered that Disney is woke and wanted to insert a female into The Bad Batch because there weren't any, and THAT is the only reason they did it.

Having said the above, I did not like The Bad Batch as much as I liked The Clone Wars. Not just because of Omega. I just did not care for it. I also get it that you liked it. That's fine with me. You can keep your ad hominem attacks to yourself.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
agenda items?

EVERYTHING about Princess Leia Organa in 1977 was 'agenda'- her look, her hair, her clothes, her trans atlantic accent.. it was all to fit the agenda of the day which was -- make it Disco by still keeping it Damsel in distress

Rings of Power.. who, pray tell, is the female you are calling the agenda item in that?

careful now, because your answer may very well walk you straight into "how much I really do not know about the writing of Tolkien" land
Wait, you are a fan of Rings of Power????

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You don't get to call anybody stupid, bro, LMAO! If you do not understand why you cannot get a female from a male clone, I don't know what to tell you! There is a vast difference between fans of fantasy and fans of science fiction. I like the fantasy in Lucas Star Wars, but the Disney stuff is SWINO (Star Wars in name only). George Lucas himself has disowned them. I did not forget Star Wars was fantasy, I remembered that Disney is woke and wanted to insert a female into The Bad Batch because there weren't any, and THAT is the only reason they did it.

Having said the above, I did not like The Bad Batch as much as I liked The Clone Wars. Not just because of Omega. I just did not care for it. I also get it that you liked it. That's fine with me. You can keep your ad hominem attacks to yourself.
its fantasy, not sci fi, as such anything is possible, nothing needs to meet the rules of science

however, if you want to look at science, it can easily be sourced and found that many scientists believe you can get a female from a male by manipulating the source DNA

many of them believe it is possible that you can clone a female from a male by doubling the X chromosome.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the use of real settings over SFX and other gimmicks is another reason ANDOR is more "real"

borrowed for a Scot on FB

""Visited the Aldhani Garrison last week, or otherwise known as the Cruachan Dam in Argyll and Bute, Scotland""

1669434118769.png

Shadow Mann

Staff member
the use of real settings over SFX and other gimmicks is another reason ANDOR is more "real"

borrowed for a Scot on FB

""Visited the Aldhani Garrison last week, or otherwise known as the Cruachan Dam in Argyll and Bute, Scotland""

View attachment 35719
I kinda like Andor for not being hellbent on changing canon or introducing a bunch of characters for no reason. It feels like a safe entry that can keep SW going on TV between tentpole shows. I agree, the real settings are way better

Shadow Mann

Staff member
its fantasy, not sci fi, as such anything is possible, nothing needs to meet the rules of science

however, if you want to look at science, it can easily be sourced and found that many scientists believe you can get a female from a male by manipulating the source DNA

many of them believe it is possible that you can clone a female from a male by doubling the X chromosome.
I know, but when you understand WHY they brought in Omega, then her being there makes sense. Mostly the last 4 episodes ripped it up for me.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
they could easily add to the neg comments in the meme "there are no lightsabers.. no Jedi.. no Sith.. no cute aliens... not enough aliens.. not enough droids/ no cute droids.. no Mary Sue moisture farmers from Tatooine jumping into high tech fighter space craft with zero training!... there's no REQUIRED scenes shot on Tatooine!!"" :) :)

1669515485731.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sure why you put this here. No one here hates Andor. Some love it and others like it but wished the pace was a bit tighter. I liked the lack of Jedi, Sith, Force Powers, Lightsaber duels et al. I just felt the first two "trilogies" of the show were kinda flabby and could have been condensed while not losing any narrative quality.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not sure why you put this here. No one here hates Andor. Some love it and others like it but wished the pace was a bit tighter. I liked the lack of Jedi, Sith, Force Powers, Lightsaber duels et al. I just felt the first two "trilogies" of the show were kinda flabby and could have been condensed while not losing any narrative quality.
we have free speech still, yes?