Zero Hour

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8Kmus_T6o

I think this show looks pretty interesting, and I am a fan of conspiracy style shows if they're done well, which the attempts of the past few years haven't been at all (I'm looking at you, The Event!). But maybe this could end up being a pretty good show since it's got the creator of Prison Break involved, which I view a positive. Though granted I didn't really follow Prison Break, but I enjoyed the few episodes I did see.

But I am a bit wary of this due to how massively clichéd all the lines in the trailer were, but I'm hoping that that's just due to the way the trailer was cut and the whole show isn't the same. I'm also a bit worried that it might end up being too much of a Da Vinci Code copy, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the writers having some degree of originality, and it turning out well.

Oh and I just noticed, after watching through the trailer a second time, that the main villain appears to be played by Swedish actor Michel Nyqvist (of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and MI: Ghost Protocol fame). That's kind of neat. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8Kmus_T6o

I think this show looks pretty interesting, and I am a fan of conspiracy style shows if they're done well, which the attempts of the past few years haven't been at all (I'm looking at you, The Event!). But maybe this could end up being a pretty good show since it's got the creator of Prison Break involved, which I view a positive. Though granted I didn't really follow Prison Break, but I enjoyed the few episodes I did see.

But I am a bit wary of this due to how massively clichéd all the lines in the trailer were, but I'm hoping that that's just due to the way the trailer was cut and the whole show isn't the same. I'm also a bit worried that it might end up being too much of a Da Vinci Code copy, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the writers having some degree of originality, and it turning out well.

Oh and I just noticed, after watching through the trailer a second time, that the main villain appears to be played by Swedish actor Michel Nyqvist (of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and MI: Ghost Protocol fame). That's kind of neat. :D

This looks interesting! I agree about the cliche, but it still looks like it is worth checking out. :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
This looks interesting! I agree about the cliche, but it still looks like it is worth checking out. :)

Indeed. Although I remain very worried that the writers will not be able keep to the viewers interested and sustain such a high concept show for an extended period of time, since very few (if any) U.S. network TV shows have done that in recent years.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Indeed. Although I remain very worried that the writers will not be able keep to the viewers interested and sustain such a high concept show for an extended period of time, since very few (if any) U.S. network TV shows have done that in recent years.

Many of these new shows have an excellent premise, but they seem more suited to a movie than to a serialized format. How do you serialize something like this? Miniseries perhaps. :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Many of these new shows have an excellent premise, but they seem more suited to a movie than to a serialized format. How do you serialize something like this? Miniseries perhaps. :)

Yeah a miniseries would do. Although you could also do shorter 10-13 episode seasons like the ones you see on HBO, Starz, Showtime and on UK television, since they tend to allow for much leaner storytelling and don't pressure the writing team into coming up with relatively good and engaging plots for 20-22 episodes in such a short period of time.