Yes, you too can own a piece of failure -- SGU official auction site!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Love it or hate it here's your chance to get a piece of SGU.

http://www.vipfanauctions.com/mgm/stargate-auctions/

I dont trust that auction...they show a suit that Rush was supposed to have worn....really? He mostly wore that long sleeve knot shirt and that nasty vest and jeans most of the time, so how much is this suit gonna be worth? They show him wearing it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140596578781&refid=store

I want the bulkhead that Scott and McChesty were banging against in the broom closet scene. I also want the Magical Survival Kit that spawned leather couches, acetylene torches, electron microscopes and matching workout clothes for multiple people in their sizes, and the magical notepad that continued to grow new paper no matter how many pages were torn from it (and the magical pen that never ran out of ink).

And this...this was Ancient?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180714650538&refid=store

Mini Ancient Communication device? I dont remember seeing it in any episode and it looks cheesy. :)

I remember saying, they couldnt GIVE me anything from that show I would find worth collecting. :laughing:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They don't even have Chloe's slut dress, how disappointing for some pathetic fanboy at GateWorld. :icon_lol: And who would want an "air scrubber"??? It doesn't even look cool, it just looks dumb. 15 idiots so far have bid on that piece of plastic. And I thought I didn't have a life. :roll:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They don't even have Chloe's slut dress, how disappointing for some pathetic fanboy at GateWorld. :icon_lol: And who would want an "air scrubber"??? It doesn't even look cool, it just looks dumb. 15 idiots so far have bid on that piece of plastic. And I thought I didn't have a life. :roll:

To be fair, they may have just seen the word "scrubber" Ape.........................

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
You do understand that by buying these props for your own personal gratification you are preventing their use in the SGU movie and SGU episodic television sequel?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
You do understand that by buying these props for your own personal gratification you are preventing their use in the SGU movie and SGU episodic television sequel?
I figure that just like when they make the promised SG1/SGA movies, even after having sold those shows' props at auction, they can create new ones out of whole cloth.

You know...like Ronon's gun!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:icon_eek: :icon_lol:

I hear they opened a new bar called Chloe's Bed, and it gets lots of traffic. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
They seem to be missing the red "You are here" t-shirt. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Meh, they don't have anything cool like the captain's chair. I would pay good money for that thing.

Yes, that WAS cool. I would consider buying one of the fake shells they put over the CRT monitors for the Destiny "displays". Or, the very cool steampunk display in the medical bay:

Destiny_infirmary_console.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I could see a server farm hiding behind that facade :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oddly that sort of design doesn't appeal to me, so Mad Max-like.

Its called "steampunk". Think Wild Wild West meets Star Trek/Firefly. :) Some cool steampunk stuff:

A steampunk laptop:

datamancerlaptop-opensm.jpg

A steampunk computer keyboard:

marquis_victorian_steampunk_keyboard_1.jpg

Then there are "retro" designs with some steampunk elements like this keyboard:

aviator_tn.jpg

Now, take a look at Destiny's bridge....100% steampunk, but because the rest of the show wasnt so cool, the beautiful bridge was not needed or vital. If they had built that bridge before they built the stupid bedrooms and that lame lunchroom, the bridge alone could have been a draw for viewers IMO.

Stargate-Universe-Bridge-Set-Destiny-9.jpg

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
:icon_eek: :icon_lol:

I hear they opened a new bar called Chloe's Bed, and it gets lots of traffic. :)

Yes, you can find it after navigating the maze for ten minutes in any Ikea showroom. Or just ask the staff to show you the Skhott bed. :facepalm: