Yea (??) more SGU?

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
As much as SGU had low points back in the day,...I would watch it again on rewind a hundred times before having to watch some of the newest reboots from Hell.

Does every single classic have to be redone with a woke change? Can't the writers just write new shows ?

How I met your Father? Give me a Break, once was more than enough. It was another show, that was great in the beginning , got less great, and then left a bit after it's time, but never should have been a woke reboot. The new show ....sucks.

At least SGU, just has some shitty writing and poorly developed characters with some plot holes that make for a good drinking game.... that I can do with a glass of wine, the others, just go away!!!!!

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
It seems like there's gonna be a hard reboot. And to be honest, I'm not against that. It allows for the chance to have a great new show with no past baggage in which entirely new "rules" can be laid out. I'm ready for it. The shows of the past are the past. They were great, but they're not for now, and there really isn't a point to continuing them now. Times have changed. The TV landscape has changed. I just hope it won't be woke. It would be exciting to witness a whole new show start from scratch.
Beware, of how hard that reboot is, this very will be woke for the sake of woke in a show that had a fan base already.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Beware, of how hard that reboot is, this very will be woke for the sake of woke in a show that had a fan base already.
Hi there Quetesh! So, Joe Mallozzi says he will not be involved, and neither will Brad. They are wanting a full reboot which probably means it will be woke.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Hi there Quetesh! So, Joe Mallozzi says he will not be involved, and neither will Brad. They are wanting a full reboot which probably means it will be woke.
That will suck, but I will still keep some fingers crossed since many overly woke for the sake of woke shows have bitten the dust. People are starting to want quality again.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
point being, and what I think some of these self proclaimed "in the know" YT'rs, some I know are connected with GateWorld btw, is that a big issue is also avaialbility of fan fav. known former cast

i type of PICARD situation would exist where it would be necessary to gather actors from all three of the shows to make any new one, at least to get it started

i think it could be interesting if done right-- and done in real time too. don't try and play it off like what has it been? 12 yrs has NOT gone by? Show us what STARGATE CMD has been up to all these years too
Well, over the past couple of years I have built up a rapport with Joe Mallozzi on Twitter. I regret every bad thing I ever said about him here years ago. He is really a great guy! Having said that, I got it directly from him that Amazon has decided to do a total reboot. Everything about everything might change, and he will not be involved and neither will Brad Wright or anyone else from the previous team. There may not be an SG-1 or an Atlantis at all. The backstory of the gate itself is going to change.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, over the past couple of years I have built up a rapport with Joe Mallozzi on Twitter. I regret every bad thing I ever said about him here years ago. He is really a great guy! Having said that, I got it directly from him that Amazon has decided to do a total reboot. Everything about everything might change, and he will not be involved and neither will Brad Wright or anyone else from the previous team. There may not be an SG-1 or an Atlantis at all. The backstory of the gate itself is going to change.
Did you tell him who you are/were?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, I did not. And I don't have a link to here on my Twitter profile. We have a Twitter account for the website/brand, but it does not mention the other account.
he and some other TPTBs are at GATEWORLD aren't they

PS haven't been there for about 2 years :) >> boring there<<

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I suppose that is ok, though I would much rather see new characters picking up on missions, in real time (with the time that has passed since SGU) within canon

Having them gating through the Galaxy, following up on some of those great places we were brought to in SG1

see if the Atlantis ever got back into space

something totally new has the absolute chance of being totally wok.... oh nevermind :)