X-Files is returning to Fox

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...urning-to-fox-in-summer-2015/?intcmp=features

Fox News said:
It’s been more than 13 years since “The X-Files” aired on network TV, but on Tuesday Fox announced the spooky sci-fi series is returning for a six-episode run that will begin in the summer of 2015.

“The X-Files,” which originally premiered in Sept. 1993, aired for nine seasons and earned 16 Emmy nominations during its run. The series centered on FBI agents Scully, played by Gillian Anderson, and Mulder, played by David Duchovny. Both stars will be reprising their roles for the reboot.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said Chris Carter, creator and executive producer of the show. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ugh....

ecgordon

Star's Hero
They've been talking about the possibility of a third movie for several years, and since this is supposed to be just six episodes it would probably mean that won't happen and this is their swan song. I hope that is all it is, then Chris Carter can try something else, but it's gotta be better than The After or he should just give up.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They've been talking about the possibility of a third movie for several years, and since this is supposed to be just six episodes it would probably mean that won't happen and this is their swan song. I hope that is all it is, then Chris Carter can try something else, but it's gotta be better than The After or he should just give up.

What Im seeing with Chris Carter is the same thing I am seeing with Ridley Scott...a waning career (and probably finances as well), a dry creative well but still plenty who remember drinking from it in the past. I understand what they are trying to do...with a big comeback and all, but can we really still do X-Files in 2015?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The X-Files has been milked to death. The TV show petered out with completely different characters in the lead roles, which tells us everything we need to know about how attenuated the show had become. Also, in the movies they ended up shipping Mulder and Scully, which is just ... eww!

There's no need to "reboot" this show. The only reason it's being done is because, as OM1 has pointed out, there's money to be milked from it still. Or, in other words, Chris Carter is a cynical, greedy bastard.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
The main reason I'm likely to watch it is that Gillian Anderson is even more beautiful today.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I didn't like the way they ended the series it was poorly written. I am hoping they still continue with cold, dark and spooky vibe they had during the 90's.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
After the big alien reveal in the first movie, how do they go back to being regular agents? Or even regular life, for that matter?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
After the big alien reveal in the first movie, how do they go back to being regular agents? Or even regular life, for that matter?

This exactly. ^

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It's the decade of reboots and revivals peoples...Just like how they brought back Heroes(lol), 24, farscape, and now this. Don't be surprised to see more revivals because hollywood is desperate to stay alive and it's falling back to the old formula which never fails. It knows that there are fans out there that will watch and pay money for it even if it's same shit over and over again but sold in a new package. Usually revival shows tank and no one really gives a shit about them. Same thing with happen to stargate with the reboot. It would be lucky to get 3 movies but people will still go and watch those. I won't though. Not worth my time and money(sorry!). I'll give this a shot though but I am not super excited about this.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
When did they bring Farscape back? The Peacekeeper Wars I'm pretty sure was the last Farscape shown.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
They've been talking about a Farscape reboot/movie/web series/whatever for many years, but nothing has come of it yet.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I expect nothing ever will. The Peacekeeper Wars wrapped everything up pretty conclusively.