Wright blames fans... and so it begins

Fizz

GateFans Noob
I still don't get it. Most members on here won't be sad when it is cancelled and many will celebrate, but no one is really doing anything to affect ratings apart from snarking on the show, there is no ninja campaign to switch off Neilsen boxes or anything.

And quite frankly the 2.3 million viewers that tuned in for the series premiere were almost certainly only SG fans of one stripe or another, if they'd managed to attract many outside viewers it should have at least come close to beating "Rising", which it did not. And 1.3 (viewers who left) are not against this show, it's only a tinsey tiny fraction, you said so yourselves.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I still don't get it. Most members on here won't be sad when it is cancelled and many will celebrate, but no one is really doing anything to affect ratings apart from snarking on the show, there is no ninja campaign to switch off Neilsen boxes or anything.

And quite frankly the 2.3 million viewers that tuned in for the series premiere were almost certainly only SG fans of one stripe or another, if they'd managed to attract many outside viewers it should have at least come close to beating "Rising", which it did not. And 1.3 (viewers who left) are not against this show, it's only a tinsey tiny fraction, you said so yourselves.

HEY!!!! don't you realize that I am using my AWESUMMMMM mind powers against the fans so they will not watch the show
hypnotize.gif
I am also concentrating them (the mind powers) on TPTB of SYFY so they will cancell it
hypnotize.gif
muahahaha I am doing it all!
hypnotize.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Use them to get it canceled by next Tuesday!

HEY!!!! don't you realize that I am using my AWESUMMMMM mind powers against the fans so they will not watch the show
hypnotize.gif
I am also concentrating them (the mind powers) on TPTB of SYFY so they will cancell it
hypnotize.gif
muahahaha I am doing it all!
hypnotize.gif

They have no defense against your Dark Arts! I think that you must be making half the story disappear, since there seems to be entire episodes being made out of a 10-line "plot". All I ask is that you send me an excrypted copy of your calorie burning chocolate recipe :) For Brad's nasty comments and piss-poor attitude, I award a very special gift to him:

The Lens Flare of Death! (no, not the Lens Flare of death!:bradcry:)

:icon_twisted:

View attachment 2017

P

phronsie

Angry about cancellation or....?

So, I haven't exactly been keeping up with what's the what with SGU on the web, only stuck my foot in the water of some on-line comment boards once or twice several months ago to post some ridiculing comments at some rabid SGU fawners (b/c they were making me laugh with their inept SGA bashing). I'd heard about you guys back then, but no one provided a link so I didn't go looking for you. But then I heard about this newest craziness ("you bad BAD SGA FANS!"), and also some huff about people supposedly being rude to the SGU cast at Dragon Con, and googling that brought me straight here. I haven't read through everything here, but I've been reading through the comments on articles discussing BW's latest transparent SGA bash, for what that's worth....

Anyway, so all this has led me to have a sudden thought...a lot of people, for and against SGU, seem to feel they are establishing some legitimacy in their stance by dismissing the "angry SGA fans" who only hate SGU "because their show was canceled -- those cry-babies!" Supposedly, an SGA fan only has legitamacy in dismissing SGU if they've actually "given it a chance!" There's no debating there still are a good handful of SGA fans who are "mad because their show got canceled" and who have refused "to at least watch SGU a couple times to check it out." And I'm going to confess that I am one of them, but with a qualifier which I think holds true for a good number of us "SGU haters" the validity of which, I think, has been dismissed too easily by so many -- I'm not "hating" SGU or boycotting it *because* my show was canceled but because of the WAY it was canceled and the part SGU had in that and the part BW et al had in that -- very ham-handed and actively disrespectful. When you add in the subsequent insults and slights directed at SGA and its cast AND its fans by sundry attached to the SGU production, I think it's perfectly legitimate for SGA fans to feel marginalized and dismissed AND to react to those feelings by dismissing SGU. Couldn't we just turn the other cheek? Well, yeah -- if we were aiming for sainthood, maybe.

Drax1971

GateFans Noob
Pretty soon the shoe is going to be on the other foot. It's going to take a minor miracle for this show to survive. It may be a little petty of me, but I will take great pleasure in making comments similar to what those arseholes did regarding SGA. Who's laughing now, PTB?

(:shepwave: and hi phronsie)

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
Welcome!

So, I haven't exactly been keeping up with what's the what with SGU on the web, only stuck my foot in the water of some on-line comment boards once or twice several months ago to post some ridiculing comments at some rabid SGU fawners (b/c they were making me laugh with their inept SGA bashing). I'd heard about you guys back then, but no one provided a link so I didn't go looking for you. But then I heard about this newest craziness ("you bad BAD SGA FANS!"), and also some huff about people supposedly being rude to the SGU cast at Dragon Con, and googling that brought me straight here. I haven't read through everything here, but I've been reading through the comments on articles discussing BW's latest transparent SGA bash, for what that's worth....

Anyway, so all this has led me to have a sudden thought...a lot of people, for and against SGU, seem to feel they are establishing some legitimacy in their stance by dismissing the "angry SGA fans" who only hate SGU "because their show was canceled -- those cry-babies!" Supposedly, an SGA fan only has legitamacy in dismissing SGU if they've actually "given it a chance!" There's no debating there still are a good handful of SGA fans who are "mad because their show got canceled" and who have refused "to at least watch SGU a couple times to check it out." And I'm going to confess that I am one of them, but with a qualifier which I think holds true for a good number of us "SGU haters" the validity of which, I think, has been dismissed too easily by so many -- I'm not "hating" SGU or boycotting it *because* my show was canceled but because of the WAY it was canceled and the part SGU had in that and the part BW et al had in that -- very ham-handed and actively disrespectful. When you add in the subsequent insults and slights directed at SGA and its cast AND its fans by sundry attached to the SGU production, I think it's perfectly legitimate for SGA fans to feel marginalized and dismissed AND to react to those feelings by dismissing SGU. Couldn't we just turn the other cheek? Well, yeah -- if we were aiming for sainthood, maybe.

:welcomewagon: Welcome Phronsie! I'm always glad to see another angry Atlantis fan show up here. I look forward to the collective delight upon the cancellation of SGU.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
They have no defense against your Dark Arts! I think that you must be making half the story disappear, since there seems to be entire episodes being made out of a 10-line "plot". All I ask is that you send me an excrypted copy of your calorie burning chocolate recipe :) For Brad's nasty comments and piss-poor attitude, I award a very special gift to him:

The Lens Flare of Death! (no, not the Lens Flare of death!:bradcry:)

:icon_twisted:

View attachment 2017

More like the jowls and double-chin of death. ;)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

Just for the record, in case you haven't seen the threads: There were no people "being rude" at the Dragcon - that was an invention by M. Gero and J. Malozzi as has been proven many times over since then, even by the event organizers. It has also been established that SGUsucks isn't a site visited mostly by angry SGA fans nor is it just SGA fans who are refusing to watch SGU.
So why would you expect to find us when you google those hoaxes??? :icon_e_confused:

Anyway, welcome to the site, pull up a chair and join the fun! :)

P

phronsie

@Mr Anderson -- sorry, don't know how to do the quote thing; when I was googling about rude fans at Dragon Con (don't remember exactly what terms I entered), google threw up a link to this board, to a comment where someone was refuting the claims. I didn't mean to convey anything else; sorry if I did!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
@Mr Anderson -- sorry, don't know how to do the quote thing; when I was googling about rude fans at Dragon Con (don't remember exactly what terms I entered), google threw up a link to this board, to a comment where someone was refuting the claims. I didn't mean to convey anything else; sorry if I did!
Didn't say you did - just wanted to clarify any possible misunderstanding :)

P

phronsie

"Didn't say you did - just wanted to clarify any possible misunderstanding"

Ah, gotcha! :icon_cool:

P

phronsie

theres also a link with different comments on lj here

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_noticeboard/3294854.html?view=3161734#t3161734

I of course have added my 2 cents.

This post at the above says what I think:

"Because once we had him [Carlyle], we found we had a better quality of actors coming in for the other roles."

I've not been paying attention to what's going on with the SG franchise for months now, and back when I did, I posted in a few different places how I felt about the new show, but the above is probably one of the strongest reasons I'm set against SGU: it's true my show wasn't just canceled, but was canceled in a very cavalier manner, my gender and age were disrespected, my support and love of the show was disparaged, BUT WHEN YOU ACTIVELY dismiss the calibre and hard work of the series and the actors I've admired -- when you've basically kicked sand in their faces -- that's the deal breaker. You diss what I consider to be me and mine, then you are no friend of mine, buddy. You and your new main squeeze can go jump -- I'm a fan, Mr. Producer, and in case you didn't know (though you should have), that means I'm pretty darn *fanatic* in my loyalty to what I love.

:sgusucks:

creno

GateFans Noob
I always appreciated what Bam Bam brought to the show, particularly Teyla's stick-fighting. It's a shame that he, like others at the Bridge, feel the need to take a swipe at the haters. Oh well, I guess they have to do something to rationalize the poor ratings.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I always appreciated what Bam Bam brought to the show, particularly Teyla's stick-fighting. It's a shame that he, like others at the Bridge, feel the need to take a swipe at the haters. Oh well, I guess they have to do something to rationalize the poor ratings.
Maybe he's pissed that Brad got last week's mallozzi....I guess he wants another run at the golden plunger! the last time he earned one he shut up for a few weeks about the "other fans"...:P

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
This post at the above says what I think:

"Because once we had him [Carlyle], we found we had a better quality of actors coming in for the other roles."

I've not been paying attention to what's going on with the SG franchise for months now, and back when I did, I posted in a few different places how I felt about the new show, but the above is probably one of the strongest reasons I'm set against SGU: it's true my show wasn't just canceled, but was canceled in a very cavalier manner, my gender and age were disrespected, my support and love of the show was disparaged, BUT WHEN YOU ACTIVELY dismiss the calibre and hard work of the series and the actors I've admired -- when you've basically kicked sand in their faces -- that's the deal breaker. You diss what I consider to be me and mine, then you are no friend of mine, buddy. You and your new main squeeze can go jump -- I'm a fan, Mr. Producer, and in case you didn't know (though you should have), that means I'm pretty darn *fanatic* in my loyalty to what I love.

:sgusucks:

Right ON :beckettu: As you could see from my comments there, this is what tipped the scales for me. I dont care how great they think this is. You dismiss the hard work of the previous actors you can kiss my ass goodbye.