World War Z [Trailer]

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
It's cool how you always know what's going on with movies and shows. Oddly enough I was just wondering about Kick Ass and the potential for a sequel and here you are with the info. I'm a bit surprised that Chloe Moretz is reprising the role of Hit Girl as she's "all growed-up" now. I doubt it will have the same punch (pardon the pun) as it did when a little girl was doing all the fighting. That was what made that movie charming.

Yeah it's definitely going to be a bit different from the first Kick Ass movie since the actors are all older now, but I hope that it'll still be a good movie, which it can be as long as there's a good screenplay behind it all. And I'm looking forward to see just how big a part Jim Carrey is going to play in it all, as I still kind of like him, even though his latest offerings have been pretty awful.

S

Stonelesscutter

Yeah it's definitely going to be a bit different from the first Kick Ass movie since the actors are all older now, but I hope that it'll still be a good movie, which it can be as long as there's a good screenplay behind it all. And I'm looking forward to see just how big a part Jim Carrey is going to play in it all, as I still kind of like him, even though his latest offerings have been pretty awful.

Jim Carrey?!?!? That so does not seem like a movie for him.

S

Stonelesscutter

Well I think he could actually be good, depending on what kind of character he plays. He is sporting a bit of a different look from that of the characters he typically plays.

kick_ass_2_1.jpg

kick-ass_2_colonel_stars.jpg

Is that what he looks like these days? Not an improvement. Or was he made to look like that for the movie? From that second pic I get the feeling he's gonna be on Kick Ass' side, much like Nicolas Cage was in the first one.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Is that what he looks like these days? Not an improvement. Or was he made to look like that for the movie? From that second pic I get the feeling he's gonna be on Kick Ass' side, much like Nicolas Cage was in the first one.

Nah, it's all mostly make up. He's supposed to play an ex-mafia guy turned superhero called Colonel Stars, so it's understandable why they used a lot of make up to make him look a bit different for this.

G

Graybrew1

Well I think he could actually be good, depending on what kind of character he plays. He is sporting a bit of a different look from that of the characters he typically plays.

kick_ass_2_1.jpg

kick-ass_2_colonel_stars.jpg

Indeed, I hardly even recognize him.

S

Stonelesscutter

The man who can speak from his rear end. (recently saw When Nature Calls)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
#1. Get a room you two. :rolleye0014:

#2. I'm so not a Jim Carrey fan. He's about as funny as ass cancer (much like Jack Black, Seth Rogan, Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler).

S

Stonelesscutter

He has his moments. Seth Rogen though, not even remotely funny, in fact he thoroughly annoys me. Jack Black's not very funny but he's alright in my book. Ben Stiller too. Adam Sandler, meh.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have no idea how Jack Black keeps getting work.

G

Graybrew1

I find that all of them are tolerable and sometimes funny when they are "contained". I think they are stand ups at heart and tend to go over board and ruin the jokes. Robin Williams and Steve Martin were the same before they got older. Once they all learn to tone themselves down they might become great. If not they will continue to make hit and miss movies and never win any awards in their foreseeable futures.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I find that all of them are tolerable and sometimes funny when they are "contained". I think they are stand ups at heart and tend to go over board and ruin the jokes. Robin Williams and Steve Martin were the same before they got older. Once they all learn to tone themselves down they might become great. If not they will continue to make hit and miss movies and never win any awards in their foreseeable futures.

Sometimes, I'll catch an old episode of Mork and Mindy. I miss Mork from Ork. :D

G

Graybrew1

Sometimes, I'll catch an old episode of Mork and Mindy. I miss Mork from Ork. :D
Yes, they really did a good job of containing him on that show. Dig up an old stand up routine of his from around the same time and he went so far it was not even funny half the time.