Work It

• Thread starter Stonelesscutter
  • Start date
S

Stonelesscutter

You're wrong, and here's why: These men both got jobs based on the fact that they appear to be women, but the truth is they don't appear to be women, not even a little bit. That's the failure of the premise. Like I said, had they taken more time to develop the illusion of being women the show would be better.

My comments shouldn't be construed as a negative commentary on your particular lifestyle/fetish so please don't take it that way. ;)

Well they look exactly like the women around here so I think they did great. It's not my fault that Dutch women look like American men.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just saw the first episode of a new show called "Work It". I found there were some pretty funny moments in it. Perhaps worth checking out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1826951/

"Centers on two unemployed car salesmen who realize that they are living in a woman's world, so they decide that to find work again, they must dress as women to get jobs as pharmaceutical reps. By doing so, it makes them better men, husbands and fathers, but also makes them appreciate the sanctuary of their nights at the bar where they can be themselves."

View attachment 6630

yep a re-do

There was a funny show called Bosom Buddies when I was a kid - is this one like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORKyyHBy6JQ Loved the theme song! ;)

So you're saying that the show sucks because basically those guys are too ugly. If they had looked like smoking hot women it would have been alright. How politically correct of you.

patrickswayze1.jpg

Patrick Swayze in To wong foo, thanks for everything , Julie Newmar- absolutely hilarious movie with a stellar performance by Swayze- I thought it was Oscar worthy.

G

Graybrew1

Neither did Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies. It was a very funny show that started his career. And....btw, those two did come to respect women more during the show. Who is to say that these two won't do the same with both women and transgenders?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Neither did Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies. It was a very funny show that started his career. And....btw, those two did come to respect women more during the show. Who is to say that these two won't do the same with both women and transgenders?

Because this show will be cancelled tomorrow. ;)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
OK, I just watched it. I didn't find it offensive - just stupid. :P

I think good sitcoms are a lost art.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OK, I just watched it. I didn't find it offensive - just stupid. :P

I think good sitcoms are a lost art.

One has to have sensibilities before having them offended. :P

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Touché.

I love lowbrow humor and this show was flat for me too. ;)

Oh, low brow humor is fantastic if done right. One of my all time favorite low-brow comedies is an old Comedy Central show called Strangers With Candy. Some of the jokes are groan inducing they're that bad but over all it was meant to be bad, but in a clever way if that makes sense. There's a fine line between being clever with low brow humor and just being juvenile, like this show Work It.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
"Absolutely Fabulous" was fabulous, along with Scrubs. Even though "Married With Children" was mean spirited it had its good points. I would have to say that "Frasier" was the best comedic show in the last twenty years.

In a way Frasier is like the old Mary Tyler Moore show where you tuned in for her and stayed for all the wacky characters.

I am pee-oed with the producer of 2 and 1/2 Men and won't watch it.