Woman trying to prove ‘vegans can do anything’ among four dead on Mount Everest

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Plenty of people have died climbing Everest, I guess they proved their point................

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Reading this headline, I don't know whether I want to laugh or sympathize. I feel bad but, on the other hand, Darwin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-more-missing-and-thirty-sick-or-frostbitten/

Yes, we get it, vegans are normal people, too. Why would anyone attempt this idiocy just to prove that eating plants doesn't make one less of a person? Why are vegans so damned righteous yet self-conscious?

This Everest stunt and their statements say one thing: They inwardly know that being vegan is seen as a weakness, and this was supposed to prove otherwise. I am not seeing how veganism connects with feats of daring, but they wanted to make a statement, and this does that in a very big way (probably not how they wanted it though :)). I am not happy that they are dying and frostbitten, but I do not see them as being innocent. They are victims of themselves.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I feel a little bad for chuckling when I read the title of the article. I know I know, it's a tragedy and I'm a horrible person for laughing, but...

I laughed again when I read the comments and some guy wrote something along the lines of "...if only she had eaten some bacon before trying" the climb. Gallows humor, gotta love it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I feel a little bad for chuckling when I read the title of the article. I know I know, it's a tragedy and I'm a horrible person for laughing, but...

I laughed again when I read the comments and some guy wrote something along the lines of "...if only she had eaten some bacon before trying" the climb. Gallows humor, gotta love it.

Well, at least I'm in good company because I laughed, too, and felt a little bad for doing so.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, at least I'm in good company because I laughed, too, and felt a little bad for doing so.

Well, I have to come clean...I laughed too!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!