While Visiting A Local Cemetery A Few Weeks Ago...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
...I got this shot.

cocothechihuahuarunninginthegr-XL.png

It took me awhile to get that set of shots developed, otherwise, I'd have posted this little darlin' earlier.

:)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
He's real. His name is Coco, he was three months old when I took the shot, and he's just all full of wiggle...just no brains in his head just yet.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
He's real. His name is Coco, he was three months old when I took the shot, and he's just all full of wiggle...just no brains in his head just yet.

Phew, when you said cemetery I thought it might be a ghost dog. :P

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Phew, when you said cemetery I thought it might be a ghost dog. :P
He was a brainless little guy, but so full of energy and life.

My service dog (also a Chihuahua) wasn't impressed with his effusiveness, however, and did her best to stay AWAY from him. She was in uniform (vested), so she doesn't behave like a "normal" dog when she's like that.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm considering putting together a calendar of my favorite/best animal pictures and making it available for sale through a self-publishing print on demand supplier like Createspace.com. But that's sometime in the future, of course. I want to have work that I really really like to use, first.

S

Stonelesscutter

That just means that what is art to one is not to another. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Beauty and Art are subjective. Any baby animal is cute to me. :)

Who said anything about art?
The picture is nice. It's just an ugly f***ing dog. :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm sorry you feel that way about him. He was only about 5 inches tall at the most, since he was still only about 3 months old, and just an awful lot of fun to play with. You can see a color picture of him here

cocothechihuahuapup3mos-M.png

He was being held by one of his humans and SO wanted to be off and running again. ;)

He's not one of those stereotypical bug-eyed Chihuahuas.

S

Stonelesscutter

There's something cute about him. But he's still ugly. Does that make sense?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Some people have issues with Chihuahuas, and I understand that.

Do you prefer dogs like this?

5-08-2011-Nikon-Hollywood-and-L.jpg

This is little GoGo and her human, DC at the corner of Hollywood & Highland a few months ago.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
And this is my service dog, who is going with me to Hawaii tomorrow morning:

1089876462_vRYyv-M.png

Yes, I do believe she can hear former KGB agents making Evil Plans in the former USSR.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm not a fan of any of those tiny dog, TBH. Even though my cousing has some cute corgies, I gotta go with border collies. Those are proper dogs!
border-collie.jpg

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Border Collies are awesome dogs. It's really a shame that people get them as housepets and then can't understand why they get destructive from boredom.

Borders are a working breed and need that kind of stimulation. Ever seen a Border Collie trying to herd cats? Or small children? Or in extreme circumstances, it's toys?

Poor guys.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have a Border Collie, and she is a scary smart pup. And yes part of keeping them happy is giving them "jobs". Put those herding talents to use and you'll have a happy Border Collie.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Border Collies are awesome dogs. It's really a shame that people get them as housepets and then can't understand why they get destructive from boredom.

Borders are a working breed and need that kind of stimulation. Ever seen a Border Collie trying to herd cats? Or small children? Or in extreme circumstances, it's toys?

Poor guys.

Well that's why you shouldn't get a Border Collie if you live in a big city. They just don't fit in there. I have a relative with a Border Collie and she got a nice open field for him to run around in. And I swear, her kids could just spend hours tossing tennis balls for the dog to chase around. Eventually you have to tell 'em to stop so the dog actually has a chance to get some rest! :D