• The Lucian Alliance

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The Genii or the Lucian Alliance?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The LA without a doubt. Laughably bad thanks to SGU.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The LA without a doubt. Laughably bad thanks to SGU.

That too. Their depiction in SGU is idiotic. Especially transforming them into galactic boogeymen but at the same time making them look (on the show) like the Germans from Hogan's Heroes.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm gonna say both the LA and the Genii. They both had tremendous amounts of potential which ended up completely wasted. And the only good thing the Genii had going for them was Kolya. Similar to how the only good thing the LA had was Kiva (despite the fact that she was all dolled up in leather, though personally I didn't mind ;)).

SciphonicStranger

I liked Netan better than Kiva. Koyla was the only interesting character for the Genii (sorry Colm Meaney).

I actually forgot about LA appearances in SGU when I created this thread. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

Obviously both enemies were extremely lame. It was not very easy to choose, but I opted for the Lucian Alliance. This because the L.A. were supposed to be a threat equal to the Goa'uld and Ori and the Genii were a minor threat. Therefore the L.A. were an epic fail and the Genii were only a huge fail. :)

G

Graybrew1

I say the LA because the Genii at least seemed to have some morals, just messed up ones. :rolleyes:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Poll fail. No "Dutch" option. :(

SciphonicStranger

Poll fail. No "Dutch" option. :(

I think the "Dutch" enemy only existed in a few thrown out Mallozzi scripts. :P

Too bad really, it would have been cool to watch them surrender to the Nox. ;)

SciphonicStranger

Anyway, I voted Genii as their silly decision to not form an alliance with the Atlantis team made no sense whatsoever. They were at 1940's tech level and even if they did manage to take control of Atlantis they did not have the expertise to do anything with it. Just about every episode with them was awkward - but they did give us Todd. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Anyway, I voted Genii as their silly decision to not form an alliance with the Atlantis team made no sense whatsoever. They were at 1940's tech level and even if they did manage to take control of Atlantis they did not have the expertise to do anything with it. Just about every episode with them was awkward - but they did give us Todd. :)

Indeed. The Genii were lame and awkward to be sure. But noone beats the Lucian Alliance in terms of lamitude.

S

Stonelesscutter

This was a good topic for a thread by the way Stranger. Keep those ideas coming. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lucian Alliance without a doubt. They were so lame compared to the ALMOST equally as lame Genii. At least the Genii didnt seem like they were made from a half cup of "Instant Bad Guy Mix" :facepalm:. Koyla gave the Genii some bite and was a memorable character amongst some of the other better ones. :)

tetrion

GateFans Noob
The Leather Fetish Alliance. I'm sorry, how can you honestly take anyone in leather seriously, especially when they had the propensity to use cattle prods and Lugers, even though they had the technology of the Goa'uld.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The Leather Fetish Alliance. I'm sorry, how can you honestly take anyone in leather seriously, especially when they had the propensity to use cattle prods and Lugers, even though they had the technology of the Goa'uld.

Stargate was known for "borrowing" concepts and stories. I guess Mad Max was about the only viable thing they hadn't yet borrowed at the time.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you guys knew this was coming......

the genii -- once they lost Kolya they were horrible! (the LA at least had Mike Dopud going for them! ;) )

S

Stonelesscutter

Right now I'm considering founding a Mike Dopud Sucks fanclub.