Where do you get your books/movies?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Currently hubby and I have been buying a lot of movies & tv series. I tend to be VERY cheap and buy them at half price books (Midwest chain) - but I check the DVD quality! :P I mean really buying a lot... we got 45 movies/series in the past few weeks (also purchased all but one on clearance - that one had a 50% off coupon :P ) it's becoming an obsession I swear! :P

I get a lot of books there. too . also clearance priced :P

So where do you get yours?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Currently hubby and I have been buying a lot of movies & tv series. I tend to be VERY cheap and buy them at half price books (Midwest chain) - but I check the DVD quality! :P I mean really buying a lot... we got 45 movies/series in the past few weeks (also purchased all but one on clearance - that one had a 50% off coupon :P ) it's becoming an obsession I swear! :P

I get a lot of books there. too . also clearance priced :P

So where do you get yours?

I have been getting my hardcover books at a thrift shop and then selling them back when done. I no longer have room to store a lot of books. The paperbacks I get from Amazon. All my DVDs have been made into .ISO files I can load and play on my computer, and I access them with my phone or a web browser using a program.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I used to collect dvds but haven't bought any for many years now and my entire collection has been in storage for years. Lately I've managed to collect a lot of eBooks, mainly from Humble Bundle, but I haven't read any.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I used to collect dvds but haven't bought any for many years now and my entire collection has been in storage for years. Lately I've managed to collect a lot of eBooks, mainly from Humble Bundle, but I haven't read any.

You have me collecting GAMES now! :) BTW, I am really enjoying Fallout 4 VR. If you had not posted that link, I would have waited until it came to that price. It was already on my wishlist.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Amazon mainly, and sometimes from a local store in a barely functioning shopping mall

i know amz does it for all products, but i really do appreciate the way it gives you recommendations on other books in the same genre based on the ones you have purchased/browsed

a couple of books i didn't even know were part of a series without this

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As of say, mid-2019, I get 100% of all of that online. Some from Amazon, some from weBay, some from direct manufacturers/publishers, and the remainder from torrent sites. I have decided that the theater is no no longer an option for regular visits. It is a specialty thing now, like visits to amusement parks and museums. I have a killer theater system at home now, no need for the theater.