What's Your Favorite/Least Favorite Series 5 Episode?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Since series 6 is soon upon us I thought it could be a good idea to talk about series 5 and what we would like to see more or less of in the upcoming series.

Anyway, my favorite has got to be Vincent and the Doctor. I know, a lot of people say that it was too slow but I really liked it and found it to be a very touching episode. I actually smiled during the ending, and it's not often that I do that because of a movie/tv series. And I have to say that the actor playing Van Gogh (my favorite painter BTW) was perfect for the part.

My least favorite was Victory of the Daleks because it felt like it was too rushed and I'm not really a fan of the multicolored Daleks. Though I do think it could've been much better as a two-parter because it was really the pacing that ruined it for me. Another pair of episodes I didn't really connect with was the ones with the Silurians. The story just didn't do it for me I suppose.

While Vincent and the Doctor was the best episode of the series for me, I really wouldn't like to see a series of episodes all like that. It's good to have good balance between slower episodes and the more action packed ones. Of the more action-y episodes I have to say that The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone probably was the best.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Least favorite was Victory of the Daleks simply because it felt rushed.

Most favorite...in such a strong season it is not easy to pick out just one. I guess I would go with The Big Bang, simply because it demonstrated how Moffat had set up the whole season as a sort of intricate clockwork mechanism. I especially liked how the we get to see that things originally thought to be production errors (like in Flesh and Stone where the Doctor suddenly has his coat on when he didn't before or after) actually were deliberate - the Doctor was moving through the cracks and "guiding" things to get everything to the right endpoint.