What bad screenwriting element(s) ticks you the most?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Fantasy movies, television, and literature make this mistake, which is a confusion of real life with Dungeons and Dragons. What prevents injured soldiers from fighting is not Hit Points but low blood pressure.
Or muscles / tendons sliced through.. Cut these and that part of the body isn't able to move anymore. Seems to be a minor annoyance at worst to celluloid heroes, though.

My favorite is when two combatants beat each other's heads severely, punch after punch, blow after blow, but they still keep fighting despite the fact that in reality the human head can't take such abuse. Quite frankly, anyone receiving such blows to the head would be dead almost instantly.

The corollary to this is the "hit on the head and knocked out only to wake up a few minutes later unscathed" scene that happens over and over and over in TV shows. Yeah, cuz taking a blow to the medulla oblongata isn't fatal. :rolleyes:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If we're going to talk about bad movie fight sequences we can't leave out Len Kabasinski's "masterpieces".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It came up in a discussion you and I were having while I was there in September. I even showed you a pic. :icon_lol:

Are you talking about the pic with the cucumber, the pic with the whipped cream or the really obscene pic that you titled: Still Life with Doughnut? :daniel_new004:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Are you talking about the pic with the cucumber, the pic with the whipped cream or the really obscene pic that you titled: Still Life with Doughnut? :daniel_new004:
I'm talking about the video I uploaded of the exotic dance I did just for you. :D