WAYWARD PINES

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
For those far, far away, "Wayward Pines" will be making a revisit on May the 25th. Did they advance the time-line 15 years?
from what I remember there was some advancing; the main 'kid' character woke hope from a coma after a period of several months it seemed. Enough time for the new generation to have secured their hold over the town and spruce things up

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So there is going to be a S2-saw the ads while watching GOTHAM.

Coming this summer i think it was(?)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well S2 is done

there was no time advancement other then maybe a month or so

this season gave us more backstory into Dr Pilcher and the method he used to build the "Mountain super structure" and the design for the town

I liked it

we also saw that the reason for the Abbies to attack (those are the new type of mankind-seemingly wild and vicious)they were taught to fight the humans as the humans attacked them first

Pilcher mis calculated-he thought they would be extinct by the wake up date

Season ended with an Oedipus like situation, new leaders and more 'sleep'

no word yet either way on a S3

if no-then S2's ending was satisfying, if yes, then it can only get better if done right

the ratings story--they are so f'ing frustrating!-- says the series had severa leps this season with "dismal" ratings

i know where they are talking about and can understand how some ppl would have lost attn--but these are the ppl who just can't seem to get things like story arcs or plot progression

we here know all about this with so many other shows that didn't have enough sex or pew pew to generate enough erections or wet dreams,so...wait and see

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Havent seen a lick of this. Worth checking out?

you know in reviewing this thread, with my posts being the predominant ones (you know being resident "weirdo" here with the strange taste in shows,etc :) ) on it, I remind myself of THE 100 thread and how only one or two of us were initially the only ones who seemed to watching it

While not as good as 100 or 12 MONKEYS or EXPANSE for example, the show is very entertaining and brings up thoughts of just how would ppl survive in this situation.

I am thinking that if you (Mr OM1 :winking0052:) watched it through to S2 you would PROBABLY like it. this opinion is only based on our mutual enjoyment of shows like 100 and MONKEYS

If nothing else-the show as it stands now (16 eps total I believe?) is defi worth a good binge

:smiley-laughing011: :piratebay:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've only seen a little of season 2 as the local channel that carries it got dropped by DISH for the time being. From what I saw though I have to say the "Hitler Youth" leadership of this community was a real turn off. Internal struggles of that kind bore me. Give me more monsters and have the community join together instead of all the intrigue and interpersonal nonsense.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did Jason Patric get brutally beaten like a candy-filled pinata at an 8 year-old's backyard birthday party?
:smiley-money-mouth:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Did Jason Patric get brutally beaten like a candy-filled pinata at an 8 year-old's backyard birthday party?
:smiley-money-mouth:

what i will say--for your enjoyment(?)--is that he did get a figurative 'dick slap' when after he awoke, thinking he was still married, that his wife was actually assigned to marry another, who has successfully impregnated her

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
what i will say--for your enjoyment(?)--is that he did get a figurative 'dick slap' when after he awoke, thinking he was still married, that his wife was actually assigned to marry another, who has successfully impregnated her

He's better off without her.