WANDAVISION

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
1615384601808.png

Anyone watching this show? I gave ep 1 a try, waiting for the whole season to load before i watch more

I thought ep1 was a challenge to get through

Last edited by a moderator:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I saw others recommending bingeing it. It gets better as you go.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's pretty weird but entertaining.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Overall Wandavision was not bad....except for the finale. That was not well thought out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Overall Wandavision was not bad....except for the finale. That was not well thought out.
It appears to me that most of these shows are now writing on the fly and things change direction quicker than a school of minnows
school of fish GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The first two episodes things are weird. Nearer to the end of episode two is when something finally starts to change. This "introduction" was way too long if you ask me. From there on it gets more and more interesting though. What I didn't like about the show as well was the witchcraft. Meh! I mean, Wanda and her powers don't bother me at all, but when the topic of witchcraft was brought in it rather tainted my perception of her. Bad call from the producers if you ask me.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The first two episodes things are weird. Nearer to the end of episode two is when something finally starts to change. This "introduction" was way too long if you ask me. From there on it gets more and more interesting though. What I didn't like about the show as well was the witchcraft. Meh! I mean, Wanda and her powers don't bother me at all, but when the topic of witchcraft was brought in it rather tainted my perception of her. Bad call from the producers if you ask me.
yeah, i watched 1 and 2 then waited for 8 and only watched that... dont think i missed anything major (??)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Welcome Wingnix!

:welcomewagon:

Tell us a little bit about yourself!

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I like the show overall. I have to agree the first 2 episodes were painful to watch.
I agree, I don't like the stressing of the "witch" of the Scarlett Witch. I always thought of that as more of a play on words.

I would not mind another season at all, but not sure how they can pull it off.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I didn't mind Wandavision but it felt let down by the finale. It also had this weird vibe where I am supposed to appreciate the sacrifice of Scarlet Witch when she let her fantasy family go? She was forcibly enslaving an entire town to cover over her grief and then that even was compromised when they restored Vision. No offense but if anything Wanda would almost be the villain here. And I am NOT looking forward to her being in the next Doctor Strange movie, as they will probably make Strange a side character in his own movie with the current Hollywood problems with wokeness.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Elizabeth Olsen is a good actress and her performance in Wandavision was also of good quality. As a show it started out good but fell apart at the end and its moral compass was totally screwed. The show actually wants you to "appreciate her sacrifice"? She forcibly enslaved the entire town because she felt bad so her finally letting go was not some noble thing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sorry to necro, but they pretty much did as feared and the movie that was supposed to be about Doctor Strange was instead a lot more about Wanda - it was in essence a follow up to Wandavision.