VR general topic

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Geez. I hope the update brings a good change in that.

I have started looking at reviews of this game on YouTube, and I am seeing what they see. I seriously can't recommend this game at this time. Save your money until they improve the game. At this stage of the game, it isn't even worth $30.00.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, the big update is out. Have you had a chance to give it another try?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, the big update is out. Have you had a chance to give it another try?

Not yet! I sure hope they have added VR and other stuff. :) I keep going back to this, but the graphics alone make this game interesting for more than just a few minutes. It is simply beautiful visually. Things look almost photo realistic. It's the clunky gameplay that messes it up.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH MY!

This is a whole new game when you play it in VR. You are immersed in the alien worlds of the PC game (it's the same game in VR, and saved games can be opened in either). The VR makes it into a whole new game and experience. In Creative Mode, all resources are unlimited and you can build and explore and set bases up. You can also play the normal way and mine all day. I found this game enjoyable in VR mode more than the PC format because I can interact with the environment more naturally. you get into the ship, pull the throttle and steer with the joystick. when in space or landed on the ground, you can look out of the cockpit windows of your ship to look at the landscape.

No Man's Sky: Beyond is the official name of the updated game. AWESOME investment, and I have you to thank for it @Lord Ba'al!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just wow, the ship is now the size it would be in real life. The plants, landscapes and alien flora and fauna are the size they would be if they were real. This is truly a 1000% upgrade from the original game on so many levels! I am only just enjoying my first hour of it so far in Creative Mode. I have flown into space using the controls in the cockpit with my virtual hands, and I had trouble learning how to slow and land the ship in VR, and I came out of the game to Google the solution and type this. I had to gush at the absolute night vs day experience this new Beyond update has brought! Back to the game :).....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hey @Overmind One. I assume you're still playing around with VR a lot? Just wanted to let you know that there's a sale for Alien Isolation going on, actually not just that one but there's a couple of other Alien games on sale. I just bought a bundle (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/14219/Alien_Bundle/) on Steam which consists of 3 bundles. :D And it only cost me about 15 pounds. Now, I've never played these games myself, but the steam reviews are mostly positive. I don't know whether I'll even like the games myself, but I do like the Alien movies this is based on, and this would I guess be like being in the movie. The sale is only on for about 21 more hours, so I hope this message reaches you in time.

After I bought it, I thought, hmmm... what is this would be available as a VR experience. So I did a quick search and found that there is apparently some kind of mod (made by one guy) which reportedly delivers a good experience. I don't know where to get the mod or how it would all work, but I just wanted to let you know of it, just in case you might be interested. Check this article to read about the mod a bit, if you like. https://www.digitaltrends.com/virtual-reality/mothervr-alien-isolation-on-modern-vr/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey @Overmind One. I assume you're still playing around with VR a lot? Just wanted to let you know that there's a sale for Alien Isolation going on, actually not just that one but there's a couple of other Alien games on sale. I just bought a bundle (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/14219/Alien_Bundle/) on Steam which consists of 3 bundles. :D And it only cost me about 15 pounds. Now, I've never played these games myself, but the steam reviews are mostly positive. I don't know whether I'll even like the games myself, but I do like the Alien movies this is based on, and this would I guess be like being in the movie. The sale is only on for about 21 more hours, so I hope this message reaches you in time.

After I bought it, I thought, hmmm... what is this would be available as a VR experience. So I did a quick search and found that there is apparently some kind of mod (made by one guy) which reportedly delivers a good experience. I don't know where to get the mod or how it would all work, but I just wanted to let you know of it, just in case you might be interested. Check this article to read about the mod a bit, if you like. https://www.digitaltrends.com/virtual-reality/mothervr-alien-isolation-on-modern-vr/
Got it, THANK YOU! I am checking out the VR mod now.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Here's something which might interest @Overmind One. Humble is having a VR sale.

I don't know anything about VR games, but I've played the regular version of The Talos Principle several times and it's an awesome puzzle adventure.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here's something which might interest @Overmind One. Humble is having a VR sale.

I don't know anything about VR games, but I've played the regular version of The Talos Principle several times and it's an awesome puzzle adventure.
THANK YOU!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It all depends on how you are doing it. Obviously any type of implant or such is bad news. But as a set of goggles that you can immersively play games in I don’t see the harm.