Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Was very much looking forward to this since watching the first Venom movie. It saddens me to say that I didn't really like it. Despite starring Woody Harrelson as the bad guy, the movie falls short on many fronts. Basically I found it bland across the board. There were very few moments I found funny or otherwise noteworthy. What a shame. Ah well, at least we have the first movie.

By the way, I was expecting a Spider-Man tie-in, but that didn't happen. In the mid credits scene there was a Spider-Man teaser though. Guess we'll have to see if that means we'll get to see Venom in the next Spider-Man movie, or if there is another cross-over planned. My guess is the former, as there were already rumors about Tom Holland being done as Spider-Man after the coming movie. Though lately there have been rumors that he's supposedly "replacing" Robert Downey Junior as the center character of the MCU.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I didn't mind this one - mostly I liked the whole "odd couple" vibe between Eddie and Venom but the Carnage storyline left me flat. The mid-credits scene seems to connect to the upcoming Spider Man film in that it looks like Eddie and Venom got pulled into the Marvel Spider Man universe.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I didn't mind this one - mostly I liked the whole "odd couple" vibe between Eddie and Venom but the Carnage storyline left me flat. The mid-credits scene seems to connect to the upcoming Spider Man film in that it looks like Eddie and Venom got pulled into the Marvel Spider Man universe.
Yes. It sure looks that way. And regarding Spider-Man, there has often been talk about a multi-verse.