V has been renewed!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Of course it could be cancelled. Im a fan of the show so Im biased!

I don't hate the show, in fact I watched the first season due to it being on the same day as Lost. I don't think its that great but its not awful.

My issue is that I believe in all the points I'm making and don't really understand where your arguments are coming from. It comes across to me that you believe the show will be renewed because it's the type of show you think should be successful. I'm looking at the data and information and seeing a show in a very dire situation.

Dire is relative. The fact that V started out with almost 10 MILLION viewers, and now has "dwindled" to "only" 5 million viewers is only dire if you ignore the TRULY dire situation of No Ordinary Family and Parenthood and yes, SGU with only ONE MILLION viewers (on a good night). Network shows have larger audiences. but V's numbers are not as bad as you make it out to be. They are better than LOTS of other shows. V is the highest rated show they have on Tuesday nights.

If the situation has raised parallels with SGU then perhaps I am also seeing the other side of the coin. Maybe that means this forum is working as hoped, getting everyone to understand each others points of viewers better, or at least their positions.
Well, the situation is not a parallel, because I dont know of any "V Haters" or V Hater websites" forming. There is little negative commentary on IMDb and forums regarding this show like there was for SGU. I am only addressing the human side of debate. I can definitely understand how the SGU fans felt about losing their show because they liked it and they cant understand why hardly anyone else did, thats all. But thats where the parallel ends. I cant think of a major show in recent memory which was rejected by a longtime fanbase...only ST: Enterprise comes to mind.

At the end of the day though, if V is renewed I'll catch up with the rest of Season 2. The one thing putting me off is the threat of a cliffhanger ending which is enough of a pain with SGU and possibly Fringe. The ending to a story is important to me.
Cool. Its good you are seeing that the mission of the forums here is working. It makes for much more lively conversation!

tetrion

GateFans Noob
funny I seem to be hearing the anti-prophetic words of a now unemployed director saying that SGU will continue long after V goes back to being a letter in the alphabet...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
funny I seem to be hearing the anti-prophetic words of a now unemployed director saying that SGU will continue long after V goes back to being a letter in the alphabet...

LMAO! Rac80 was premature...V has not yet been renewed, but Im hopeful. TVbythenumbers says they think it will be cancelled. I hope that doesnt happen! :(

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I don't hate the show, in fact I watched the first season due to it being on the same day as Lost. I don't think its that great but its not awful.

My issue is that I believe in all the points I'm making and don't really understand where your arguments are coming from. It comes across to me that you believe the show will be renewed because it's the type of show you think should be successful. I'm looking at the data and information and seeing a show in a very dire situation.

If the situation has raised parallels with SGU then perhaps I am also seeing the other side of the coin. Maybe that means this forum is working as hoped, getting everyone to understand each others points of viewers better, or at least their positions.

At the end of the day though, if V is renewed I'll catch up with the rest of Season 2. The one thing putting me off is the threat of a cliffhanger ending which is enough of a pain with SGU and possibly Fringe. The ending to a story is important to me.

Speaking of cliffhanger endings, B5's finale was written, filmed and canned early on in case of an unforeseen cancellation. The clowns running SGU could not have possibly missed the writing on the wall or, at the very least, the threat of its looming demise.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LMAO! Rac80 was premature...V has not yet been renewed, but Im hopeful. TVbythenumbers says they think it will be cancelled. I hope that doesnt happen! :(

I'll begin preparations on the ABC Sucks website just in case.